“FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE”

Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Soul Vegetarian Restaurant & Catering1205D South Adams StreetTallahassee, Florida 32301850.893.8208 Open Monday thru Friday 11am to 3pm then 5:30pm to 10pm!Saturday 5:30pm to 10pm From Gaines street go south on Adams street 2 blocks, after crossing the railroad tracks we are the first building on the left! We share a building with A-1 Auto Parts! Send your email address to soulvegfl@gmail.com and we will send you a coupon for 50% off your meal and keep you updated on all of our specials! Thanks! Questions call Amatsiah 850.893.8208
South Florida, Florida
“FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This might be my new favorite vegan restaurant. The food was amazingly delicious and real stick-to-your-ribs kind of food. You order at a counter from a large menu behind the counter. They don’t have all the items every day; each day is something different (like today the veggies were glazed carrots and collard greens).

I opted for the lunch “platter”. For only $10, I got a wonderful, hearty vegan meal. It’s a choice of meat substitutes (I chose the curry tofu), vegetable rice or mac & cheese (I chose rice), and collards or glazed carrots (how could I NOT get the collards?). And, a piece of cornbread.

There are also other menu items – like daily specials, pizza, salads, etc. – it’s a big menu with something for everyone.

After you order, you sit on the other side in a very nice, sunny dining area and they bring out your food. It was super clean, and had the utensils and napkins at the back. There is also a big thing of water (serve yourself).

My food was out of this world. The curry tofu was perfect. I sometimes shy away from curry because I don’t like spicy food – this was not spicy at all; it was flavorful and the tofu was so good. The collard greens were wonderful too, as was the rice. I really enjoyed the cornbread with my meal.

Both sets of my grandparents were from the deep south, and as kids we grew up eating collard greens, but, there was always some kind of big pork-foot or the like cooked with them. I had not eaten collards in so many years, and I was truly amazed at how good they were without any meat. I loved that.

I am only in Tallahassee for 2 days, and I can’t wait to go back tomorrow. The people who work there are very nice and soft-spoken; they are happy to answer any questions you have about the food. The prices were very, very reasonable. There is a parking lot in the front, and they have free wi-fi.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank tczig

Toledo
“Excellent variety”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Not many veg choices in Tallahassee, so lucky to have found this. Very helpful staff in selection as they had a much different menue than i am used to. Had a live salad with curds, and split pea soup. Excellent, fresh and great price point.

Visited February 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Their Tuesday special is one of my fav pizzas in Tally”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I'm not vegetarian but crave Soul Veg's food pretty often on my lunch breaks. Obviously, I like to go on Tuesdays because that's the only day they serve pizza which is very creamy and rich. The restaurant has a local feel to it with a bare and warm atmosphere and the manager is very friendly. It literally is soul food vegetarian food but its menu is pretty varied that you can choose between vegan burgers, patties, raw food platters and great juices...def try their juice. And yes, mac & cheese is pretty good.

• Visited April 2012
Middletown, Connecticut
“Excellent vegan mac and cheese and salad”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This was my first dinner in Tallahassee. For any vegetarians, vegans or anyone who just wants a healthy but tasty break from the norm this place was excellent. It is small and no frills and extremely affordable. I can't give Soul Vegetarian enough stars. I wish we had one of these in Charleston.

Visited January 2012
Florida
“Closed On Saturday Afternoon?”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I saw this restaurant on this very website and I decided to check it out because very rarely there are restaurants of this sort in the town I live. My hubby and I went to this restaurant after a few hours of shopping in Tallahassee and decided to feed our mouths with this wonderful food I saw that was a hit on Trip Advisor. We pull up and checked the first door...closed, we peeked in and knocked , there was a car out front, and decided to try the other door..closed. We read the sign again thinking it was our bad, but it clearly said closed at 9pm. Sorry to say I was highly disappointed, but I will be retrying whenever I get the chance.

• Visited August 2011