“Food was dangerously look-warm to cool”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of China Super Buffet

China Super Buffet
Ranked #462 of 799 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Chinese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: does not have own website....many reviews available online already tho
Jacksonville, FL
“Food was dangerously look-warm to cool”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The biggest risk one takes eating at any buffet is not the quality of the food as much as the temperature. Any hot food held below 140 degrees F is at risk of a high bacteria count, likely to give a diner food poisoning or at least terrible indigestion. All but one or two items were well below the 140F minimum. I will not visit this chain again.

• Visited May 2013

Pensacola, Florida
“Good food and variety!!”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

The food was great. It was a great variety on their bars. This bar had different items than we have at home. We both enjoyed the food. Waitress was good but hovered over her tables.

Visited April 2013
Ponchatoula
“lots of choices”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

food was ok and there was plenty of it. Great value for the money and we certainly got full. Would like to have had a little better quality.

Visited April 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Used to dine here 2 - 3 times per week.......USED TO”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Been dining here more than regularly for over ten years. I figure they get between $1,500 - $1,800 of my income each year. In the earlier days you had to wait for a table and could end up in one of the back or side rooms, then as service declined and things worsened it's gotten so bad we can get our favorite table every visit and it's a prime spot relative to the buffet. I loved the hibachi so we kept going.

One night we stopped in for dinner, my oldest son had already eaten so he sat it out in conversation. However, later I told him the Won Ton soup was good that night because we never know, sometimes it tastes like the pan it is sitting in. He asked to taste it, slid my bowl over and got a few sips and slid it back. I knew then I'd need to pay for a soup and that was fine with me.

However, when it came time to leave and pay, and mind you these people see us a couple of more times per week, they wanted to charge for a full buffet for my sons sips of my soup. When I protested and tried to explain I ended up with three women barking at me though I don't think one of them was over 16 years of age. It was blowing my mind how big a deal they were going to make to rip me off for a few sips of soup.

After the young one told em I wasn't the boss or manager there and couldn't tell them what I would pay for, I demanded the manager or owner. There i a language barrier, but he came up and got the gist of it and decided I should pay for a full buffet, so it got uglier. All the while customers have to come in and pass us to get inside and they are all seeing this episode.

He then decided I could pay half price buffet, which I declined to agree to. I then said to the man, "You do realize we've been coming in here to eat a couple times each week for over ten years, and"........he cuts me off with a curt "I don't care about that!!!". I said, "Oh then you value ripping me off more than keeping and earning my continued loyal business". I dropped pay for two buffets and a soup plus tax on their counter and left. Have not been back, will not go back, and every week the parking is less and less crowded. It's not the food that is the problem.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank debdefender
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Good choice to eat”
Reviewed 11 February 2013

great choice of items. They even have sushi. The restaurant looked clean and also clean restroom facilities. Good choice for family diner

Visited February 2013