“your basic clean hotel”

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #15 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Room was fine. Good size. Little kitchenette was quite adequate for making basic meals. Location right off the highway was convenient. About 12 minute drive to downtown or FSU from the hotel. Very clean. Friendly staff. Their little store, the "Cupboard", was really bare bones. However, there was a Publix about a mile down the road for serious groceries. The bathroom had one bar of soap, no shampoo. The couch bed was not good for sleeping, quite thin and uncomfortable. Small criticisms, but enough to give it 4 rather than 5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank floridatraveldad

Reviewed 27 July 2011

My family and I are relocating to the west coast from Florida. The stop at Candlewood was our first. We did not arrive until 2AM and was greeted by Mario a soft spoken African-American gentleman and immediately could tell he was very LESS than excited to have us disturb him and actually do work to check me in. I'm guessing he was sleeping as his belt was unbuckled and fly open and shirt untucked. My room was already sold as I was late but this is acceptable as I did not call before 6PM to hold it and there was still a room available. The room was very nice and we were able to get a good rest. The laundry facilities were complementary (except soap), a big plus! However even the next day Mario was still there and presented us with a DGAF (Doesn't give a ****) attitude. At the moment I do not plan on returning to this location.

Room Tip: This location is set away from the highways and all views are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed there one Night and were very satisfied ! It is all new and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I stayed from March - June and had pretty pleasant experience. The hotel is fairly new and clean. You cannot beat the quality along with price you receive ($49 p/night for staying at a monthly discount) for extended stay in Tallahassee. The location was great, close to I-10 and located on the main drag to downtown. When I decided not to go out, I enjoyed using their propane grills. The staff were very welcoming and always willing to assist at my time of need.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rjmadello
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This is our second stay and we have enjoyed this clean, quiet BRAND NEW hotel, we found this little gem on our way to Disney and made the second night on our way back. Clean rooms, full kitchen and great location. The managment staff is great and we were warmly greeted. We had the best nights sleep both stays! My husband and I were both very pleased to put our children to bed in such a clean hotel. I promise you I am a hard one to please but this one did. Thanks Ron (GM) and Mario at the front desk.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank omofmom
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Suite was booked after seeing they were rated #1 in Tallahassee. We had a bad experience with locals taking the pool area over for a BBQ (this past weekend). I may stay there if i was traveling for business but would avoid it if you travel with your family. The suites were very nice but the pool area is not as safe, in my opnion.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank local3284
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I only stayed here for a couple of days even though this is an extended stay hotel, but I still greatly enjoyed my time here. It was clean, had a great selection of amenities, and was in a great location (sorta tucked away right off of Monroe St, so you didn't hear the traffic but you could easily get anywhere you needed fast). Like I already said, it was an extended stay hotel so it's geared for people who will be there for a while, but it was still a good clean place to sleep for just a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Tallahassee hotels
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel
Staybridge Suites Tallahassee I-10 East
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tallahassee Conference Center North
Home2 Suites by Hilton Tallahassee State Capitol
Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Homewood Suites Tallahassee
#8 of 55 in Tallahassee
Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown

Been to Candlewood Suites Tallahassee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Candlewood Suites Tallahassee

Address: 2815 Lakeshore Dr, Tallahassee, FL 32312-2109
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Tallahassee
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#5 Romantic Hotel in Tallahassee
#19 Business Hotel in Tallahassee
Price Range: £78 - £138 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Candlewood Suites Tallahassee 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Tallahassee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee Hotel Tallahassee