“Consistant hotel in Tallahasse”

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Consistant hotel in Tallahasse”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was my second stay at the Candlewood Suites in August 2013. We moved our daughter back to attend FSU. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly. Recongition right away for Priority Club members, I was given an upgrade to a one bedroom suite. Which I really appreciated and didn't even ask for when I checked in. We take our dog, another reason I pick this property. I feel the Mangement is very good here and the location is great. All around nice hotel for your stay.

1 Thank flydive56

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is an extended stay hotel. The rooms are well stocked for the extended stay traveler. But you must be aware that there is no daily housekeeping. You have to bring your towels and sheets downstairs for new ones if you want them more than once a week. However, the room appeared clean, was quiet, and fairly modern. There is no breakfast provided, but there are free washing machines, DVD rentals, and other amenities that were convenient like daily dry cleaning available. Not a bad choice for Tallahassee.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KAF32082
Davie, Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Although we only stayed one night, this suite was modern, well appointed and very quiet. The staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful. The WIFI was strong, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. The hotel was close to the Interstate 10 and an easy n ramp for our continued travels. Candewood Suites are on our list of places to stay when we are on the road

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good bang for your buck. Very clean and staff is very nice. The beds are not very comfortable. If there is one thing that needs to be improved it's the bed. Bathroom was clean and spacious. The towels were plush, I liked that. The decor was modern and appealing. Room service forgot to clean our room one day but over all I would definitely stay there again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 September 2013

After car issue, delays, and everything else this hotel was a wonderful site. Little bit off the road but GPS got me there. Very nice room, very clean. Quite at night with a very comfortable bed. Nice computer area since I had some work to do prior to leaving. Overall I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Nice place!
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Candlewood suites offers very reasonable prices, but buyer beware! Your room is only entered by housekeeping weekly. If you need towels, you actually have to bring your SOILED towels to the front desk to get fresh ones. That just feels yucky to me. I also drink a lot of coffee, but you only get 1 pack for one mini pot. If you want more you have to purchase it. You can get 1 pack per day, but have to retrieve it yourself at the front desk. You also don't get any mini shampoo or lotion, so make sure you bring your own! There is also no breakfast, which is not quite clear on the website. There is a "pantry" , but the food is overpriced.
On the good side, the rooms are nice, pretty quiet, and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Try to get the third floor. First floor is near the parking lot, and could be loud.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nboutot
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear nboutot,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is very nice to know that you found the bed to be comfortable. on the other hand, I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
TALLAHASSEE
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel when my AC went out and my apt was over 85 degrees. I was able to get a room at the last minute on a Friday night, and was able to bring my dog for a small fee ($25). They give you a magnet to put on the door indicating there is a pet in the room - which is I'm sure helpful so that housekeeping doesn't accidently let your pet escape!

The room was very nice, with a King size bed and kitchenette that included a full size refrigerator, microwave and range top. There were also plenty of dishes and a sink. Counters in the kitchen and bathroom were granite, and both were impeccably clean! The bed was comfortable, wireless internet was reliable, and the pool was very nice and clean as well. There are BBQ grills by the pool - I didn't use them, but it's a nice feature. The laundry facility was very nice - -and FREE!!! I got my laundry done while I was there and saved the $10-$20 I usually spend at the Laundromat. They have a small "store" that was well stocked, and fairly reasonably priced. The staff was great - the gentleman who checked me in was very friendly and accommodating. The only thing that would have made this hotel better would be a breakfast buffet.....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo