Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Tallahassee)
Econo Lodge North(Tallahassee)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchencomfortable reclinerfront deskkitchen areasized fridgefree laundrypet feegood sizewould definitely stay here againlarge roomthe holiday innbusiness centeri highly recommend this hotelfootball weekendparking lotpleasant staychecking out
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a pleasant stay. Room was comfortable. Laundry and exercise room were convenient and well maintained. Kitchen met our needs nicely. All staff and personnel were pleasant and friendly. We were unable to use the pool due to the cool weather that week.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I'm becoming more and more impressed with Candlewood Suites. This is the most recent I've stayed in and again we have been impressed with the chain.
There is full kitchen facilities plus free guest laundry included. The location off the Interstate is very convenient and yet the rooms are very quiet.
Very clean, great towels and bedding....I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

No disappointment! Very clean, very quiet, very friendly. Room was more than we could ask for. Front desk very friendly. Will remember this location on next trip. We havent had the service or cleanliness this place gave.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Used some IHG points for a free night on my way back to Orlando. I chose location bc thrre is only a $25 pet fee. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful! The room was spotless and had many amenities such as makeup remover towelettes. Nice touch! Fitness center was very nice. Not much area to walk your dog, but good for an overnight stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The property itself was very conveniently located right off of Monroe and I-10 in Tallahassee. Unfortunately, right above the hotel was a neighboring gas station with a small wooded area in between. During the day, there were many "transients" hanging out in groups at the gas station. At night, while my daughter and I were outside on the patio using the grill, there was a lot of loud activity going on up at the gas station with people running back and forth across the road and being too boisterous to have a hotel like the Candlewood Suites next door. The lighting at the hotel was not sufficient outside around the pool and patio/grilling area, and I noticed several times that people from the Candlewood would come out the door nearest the patio and leave it open so they could get back in without using a key. What bothered me most about the entire situation was that there was no one running any security checks anywhere on the property. Being at the grill with my daughter was a bit too scary to stay and we checked out the next day.

I was later told by some local residents in Tallahassee that the previous week, a hotel near the Candlewood had been set on fire and it was found later to have homeless people squatting in or next to that hotel. The cause of the fire was believed to be related to the homeless possibly burning a fire to keep warm.

The rooms themselves were comfortable and had all the amenities a studio apartment would have, but many of the guests were taking more risks than I felt comfortable with by leaving their doors ajar while they stepped out. One room was left that way all the time.

I checked out on my second morning and checked into a completely different property which was owned by Marriott. I have stayed at Candlewood Suites before and never felt as uncomfortable as I did during this stay. I don't think I will stay at this location again.

One last thing: I found that the sheets on my bed were stained and I called the front desk to have them changed. The lady at the desk asked me if I wanted to come down and get them and change them myself?????

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kpavlik
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear kpavlik,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the behavior of the local populace prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J