“GREAY family oriented, pet friendly hotel”

Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“GREAY family oriented, pet friendly hotel”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Staff was very friendly and the facilities were very clean with comfortable beds. Our chihuahuas felt welcomed.... $25.00 pet fee is reasonable. When you are looking for a pet friendly hotel staying at a nice establishment like is money well spent. We will be back!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Relocating to S Florida from Alabama and needed a stopover. Called from the road and front desk was very amenable. Gave us a first floor-end of hall room so we could attend to the dogs, even though they were almost full occupancy due to a softball tournament or some such. Upstairs neighbors were very LOUD but turned in early. Nice dog walk area. Property is very close to I-10 but you would not know it. Lots of restaurants close by or cook in your room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank basenjidave
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stay in a lot of Candlewood locations, and I'd say it's middle of the pack. The staff goes above and beyond, but if you are staying it town a few days you might want to find a hotel closer to the action. Nothing nearby to eat, and seems I was driving everything to pick up groceries, water, dinner.

If I stayed a few nights they have a nice grill by the pool area.

Easy access to the highway if you are just getting on and off.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank orreo5859
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'll keep it real. When I first arrived there was an issue with the sheets on the bed (badly stained) and there was an ionizer still running in the room. However, I was only sent to that room when I requested a quiet area to spend my week, and the staff IMMEDIATELY gave me another room without hesitation. In point of fact, they were most embarrassed by the situation, and couldn't rectify it fast enough!

The room I ended up staying in was VERY clean upon arrival. I even brought my own cleanser from home, prepared for the room to need a thorough going-over. But the bathroom, the beds, the microwave, and every dish, glass and utensil in the kitchenette were SPOTLESS!

The room is quiet, and I slept VERY well for someone who rarely gets a decent night's sleep.

The staff were very helpful in recommending local coffee shops, etc. and were always pleasant, attentive and helpful.

The room was well-tended. I read reviews before I came wherein people complained because they were unaware that housekeeping comes only once per week. Two thoughts: If you're aware enough of TripAdvisor to make a complaint here, then you know enough to check it first; also, they make it very clear upon arrival and there is a notice in the room. I appreciate the respect for my privacy AND for the environment by not perpetually and unnecessarily washing sheets - I don't change my sheets daily at home, why would I need that here?? If I want clean linens I can have them any time by swapping them out at the front desk. No problem!

The business center is handy, and the vending area is as well. I'd like to see some healthier choices in it, but to be brutally honest I brought much of my food with me and the hotel staff immediately pointed out whole foods stores nearby, so I could get fresh, healthy eats of my choice.

The location is perfect - close to I-10, and this side of town has grown so much that I hardly have to leave it to get what I need. If I want to get to another part of town, this is a great starting point for nearly anywhere I want to go.

To sum it up, I won't even bother looking into other hotels the next time I come back - I'll simply book with Candlewood Suites!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front overlook the parking lot, but beyond it is a lovely wooded view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Angela M
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel - very friendly staff, very clean and modern. We have stayed at other Candlewood Suites many times and they're all similar. They have a "pantry" where you can buy snacks, drinks, frozen meals, etc. and it's on the honor system. All rooms have a fridge, microwave, sink, dishes, etc. Normally we have a king size room but a queen was all that was available and it was extremely small. I measured the one side between the bed and the wall and it was 11 inches - no room for a nightstand. The other side was approximately 54 inches but the wall air conditioner took up almost 18 inches which left room for a large lounge chair that was in front on the only nightstand. And the price was higher than we usually pay for a large king studio suite. In fact, the next night we stayed at another Candlewood Suite hotel in a king at a lower price.
They also need to modernize their bedding as they are still using the heavy comforter/bedspread which we immediately remove and then have to find a place to stash it.
I would still recommend this hotel but with the caveat that you get a king room and expect to pay a higher price.

Room Tip: Reserve a king room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dgryan1
Stanwich, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a nice clean, modern hotel in a good location. It costs twice as much as a Red Roof Inn which I use here as a benchmark. The front desk staff are THE BEST. The room is nicer than a RRI, a bit bigger and nicer furnishings. There is a pool with BBQ grills that you can use if you are in the mood. There is no food, but there is 24/7 free coffee that is decent. They have a "pantry" with food-like things that you buy on the honor system by filling out a slip and putting it in a box.

The room has a kitchen with a fridge, sink, cook top, microwave and dishwasher. Two of everything are supplied in the cabinets. However, calling this a "suite" is misleading. It is one room.

Why wasn't it Very Good? Two reasons. The WiFi connection was absolutely intolerable. I wound up tethering my iPhone to my MacBook to connect with my office computer. That was one reason. The other is that the refrigerator in the room barely worked. It kept beverages cooler than room temp but refused to make more that a few ice cubes a day. We were there for four nights and it didn't work and the net connection improved during the day when everyone left the hotel but in the afternoon and evening, do you remember dialup modems?

The personnel at the front desk were THE BEST! They understood the WiFi problems but it was out of their control and they had bags of ice ready when we needed it.

Room Tip: bring your own hot spot
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Thomas G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Thomas G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay. I am glad to note that you found our staff to be the best in the area and that your needs were promptly attended.

On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our internet service and refrigerator have caused you. Please be assured that your feedback will be taken seriously and will be used for improvements where necessary. Despite some shortfalls during your stay, it was still a pleasure to learn that you were satisfied with most of the amenities and service provided.

Once again, thank you for sharing your comments to the travel community. We value your feedback as it helps us in our never ending task to better ourselves and providing the world class experience.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Myers
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had a pleasant stay. Room was comfortable. Laundry and exercise room were convenient and well maintained. Kitchen met our needs nicely. All staff and personnel were pleasant and friendly. We were unable to use the pool due to the cool weather that week.

• Stayed March 2014