“One Night Stay”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“One Night Stay”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I always review hotels prior to a stay. Hard to find somewhere to sleep without getting the creeps with all the reports out there. This trip was only for one night and I was traveling alone. The hotel was clean and I felt safe. The suite was adequate for work and I love have a work area and a full kitchen if I want to heat something up. Down fall was no ice as you make your own once you arrive by turning on the ice maker in your full size frig/freezer. I asked for ice and the office stated they could provide me with some, but the time I returned from dinner there was already ice in the freezer. Toasted a bagel for breakfast and I was gone. Check in was easy and pleasant, the pool was nice and the bedding and towels met expectations. Shower did not drain quickly, but I reported it upon check out and they made a work report on the spot. No doubt this well maintained property will have it checked out and repaired. Although there is no free breakfast, this place is more of an extended stay type of facility so you can cook or go out to eat. I would return and look at other Candlewood suites at other locations based upon this experience. For the price it was a good experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 222. It was close to the exit stairwell and away from the elevator. I did not hear...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kentucky
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites as a stop over during our vacation. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Having the kitchen was great for the food we had in the cooler overnight and being able to make breakfast in the room before leaving. The room was clean and updated.

While we didn't use them, the small things like having movies available to borrow would make for a nice longer stay.

I would definitely look at Candlewood suites again as we are traveling.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GoCards96
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have stayed here many times. Great establishment. The only drawback I have is their honor system for cupboard purchases.
I habitually check my charges every time I come home from a trip. This time I noticed a charge that I didn't make. The staff quickly resolved the issue, but a customer who doesn't pay attention could foot the bill for someone else's grub.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris H
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We had been driving 16 hours and are IHG members. It was 11:30 and I decided to book online with IHG. Little did I know that we were about to cross into a new time zone. A few minutes later my clock changed and I thought to myself "I wonder if it changed my reservation?" Sure enough it had me checking in that Sunday at 3 pm in the afternoon. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Shannon. She was able to check and make sure she could change it in the system and made sure that they had that type of room still available. What a relief to my husband and I. We arrived about thirty minutes later and she had everything ready for us. I had asked if they had any upgrades available when I spoke to Shannon on the phone since IHG gives us upgrades when available. Sure enough she upgraded our room. While checking in I had mentioned that I appreciated her accommodating us so quickly and she said that she had only been there 3 weeks. I was shocked because she was so efficient. She even laughed at my husbands silly jokes at 1 am. I had forgotten that candlewoods have ice makers in the room and sometimes you have to wait a bit for the ice to make. When I returned the cart I asked Shannon if they happened to have a cup of ice in the office and she kindly went and got me a small sandwich bag of ice to take back to my room. Besides the fact that IHG properties are typically nice, clean, and comfortable, the staff that IHG usually hires are top notch. We travel all over the country for business and it's so pleasing to see stellar employees. Well done Shannon!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Swhalen123
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Tallahassee Candlewood suites for about ten days and I had very nice experience , Hotel is very nice and clean the only thing is the beds in my room, I think they were about the end of their life span, I have slept on better beds but overall it was good, I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Martin P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Very Quiet Place to Stay. Rooms are very clean, you would never know they allow pets. Comfy beds. Free Wi-Fi, Fitness Center & Guest Laundry. Pool & Grills to use for your convenience. Just off of I-10, 3 miles from Downtown. Many Restaurant's close by. Front Desk Staff Very Polite and Helpful. Sales Department goes out of their way. Housekeepers will help with any housekeeping needs you may have with a friendly smile. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I've stayed a few times now all rooms are great.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently spent one night at this hotel traveling with my dog. Never have I felt my pet was as welcome as it was at this hotel. They have treats for the dogs, a folder that has all the info in it that you need, a magnet for the door that identifies it as a room with a pet, and a dog area outside complete with bags. The room itself was extremely clean (and I am fussy). It was like a little studio apartment with a kitchen area complete with pot, pans, dishes, coffee pot and dishwasher. The bed was quite nice and I slept well. I will definitely put this on my list of keepers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo