“Quick Stayover”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Coral Springs, Florida
“Quick Stayover”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Gotta say that this hotel surprised me. I was using Tallahassee as a midpoint on a very long journey and needed a clean nice place to stay for one night. I had previously stayed at the Homewood Suites on the other end of 27 and was not impressed. I decided to give this hotel a try with my IHG points and see if it fared better.

The check-in check-out was easy, the staff were courteous and professional and the room was great. It had a ton of things I did not need but everything was clean and the bed was really comfortable. If i ever have to stay in Tallahassee again this will be my first choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This is always our 1st & last stop on our driving trips on I10. Even after many years, it is still a great place to stay. We always travel with our pup and so appreciate that they are dog friendly. There are great places to walk our dog, that makes it great for us. Gas and food are nearby and it's right off of I10. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are comfortable. We appreciate the kitchen for the refrigerator & making our light breakfast. The people are very friendly and efficient. It's like coming home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Just a quick overnight stay when passing through town, but it was very enjoyable. The staff was great, incredibly friendly and helpful. We had a dog with us and they were very welcoming of her. They made it easy. The room was very clean with updated furnishings. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

nice and clean hotel.
shower head was not good, unfortunate if you take a shower in the morning , is too late to change the room... even if it is free.
Front desk people was very nice.
Last, you can not see the sign from the main road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear fabian n,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. As an IHG Rewards Club member you are one of our most important guests, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the bathroom. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Candlewood Suites are not my normal 'go to' hotels. But after this stay I'll definitely keep them in mind.

This location is very quiet, a little outside of down town Tallahassee, but turn left out of the parking lot and drive a few minutes and there are numerous restaurants and shops.

The room was extremely clean, the bed was very comfortable and the A/C worked well, if just a little noisy.

If this location fits your needs, don't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I always review hotels prior to a stay. Hard to find somewhere to sleep without getting the creeps with all the reports out there. This trip was only for one night and I was traveling alone. The hotel was clean and I felt safe. The suite was adequate for work and I love have a work area and a full kitchen if I want to heat something up. Down fall was no ice as you make your own once you arrive by turning on the ice maker in your full size frig/freezer. I asked for ice and the office stated they could provide me with some, but the time I returned from dinner there was already ice in the freezer. Toasted a bagel for breakfast and I was gone. Check in was easy and pleasant, the pool was nice and the bedding and towels met expectations. Shower did not drain quickly, but I reported it upon check out and they made a work report on the spot. No doubt this well maintained property will have it checked out and repaired. Although there is no free breakfast, this place is more of an extended stay type of facility so you can cook or go out to eat. I would return and look at other Candlewood suites at other locations based upon this experience. For the price it was a good experience.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 222. It was close to the exit stairwell and away from the elevator. I did not hear...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Kentucky
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites as a stop over during our vacation. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Having the kitchen was great for the food we had in the cooler overnight and being able to make breakfast in the room before leaving. The room was clean and updated.

While we didn't use them, the small things like having movies available to borrow would make for a nice longer stay.

I would definitely look at Candlewood suites again as we are traveling.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family