“Delicious sundaes that make you want to come back for more!”
Review of Lofty Pursuits

Lofty Pursuits
Ranked #2 of 27 Dessert in Tallahassee
Price range: US$1 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: A classic american soda fountain brought to high cuisine that serves a locally sourced breakfast 7 days per week from 7am to 11am. 40 flavors of ice cream, and 52 of sundaes (one for every sundae of the year), shakes, and ice cream sodas on the menu. Our menu is a history of the American soda fountain.
Tallahassee, Florida
“Delicious sundaes that make you want to come back for more!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I visited Lofty Pursuits as a newbie to Tallahassee, who was hunting for a new place to get my sundae fix. The menu was huge & filled with just about anything ice cream of which a person could dream.The guy ("jerk"--as in soda jerk) was very accomodating. I tried a mini hot ganache sundae & it was outstanding. I've already mapped out my strategy for the next two visits! Needless to say, I will return!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cmvramirez

Tallahassee, Florida
“One of my favorite places in Tallahassee!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

If you are in the mood for dessert, definitely come here. They have a VAST ice cream menu, and I have never been disappointed when I went there. I love the old feel of the ice cream parlor,

• Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great old fashioned ice cream parlour”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Lovely, old fashioned ice cream parlour, which also sells children's toys and games. Don't let the strip mall location fool you...this is great ice cream served up by cheerful servers. Ask for the sundae menu, located behind the counter, for about 20 different varieties of sundaes. Very unique ice cream flavors, including Guinness. The sundaes are topped with chocolate whipped cream. Very reasonably priced and friendly service!!

• Visited August 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Don't go when they have special groups in”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Took the kids to Lofty Pursuits because I had a 20% off coupon from one of my children doing well in school. When I ordered and paid I remembered the coupon and said something about it and the response was a wave of the hand and "You'll have to use it next time". I've been before to this location and I was not all that impressed by their prices (the only Lofty thing I found either time) or by their mode of service (there's no real line to stand in to get served, kinda like a busy bar). The employees are semi-friendly but the big complaint I have is where they have special groups come in to set up the tables and have their little gathering in the place. The first problem is that there are chairs and tables right by where you order so when ordering you have your posterior inches from people's heads (yuck). When the special Sunday group came in they started moving these tables around and blocking us from the counter and even had the audacity to "excuse them" when they are obviously not ordering anything. Lofty Pursuits should have another way of handling this but I won't waste brain-time figuring it out for them. It upset me that I got moved around by these "regulars" who feel they own the place and you're in the way of their pleasure (kinda cliquish, ya know?). Anyway, I ordered a large ice cream for $5 and got 3 skimpy scoops of ice cream in their "large" dish (which isn't that large). I'm not impressed with the $23 bill I had and I won't be back on principle. I feel it's a total waste of money and I'd rather go to a Baskin-Robbins or even a fast-food drive-thru for a frozen treat.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Good Ice Cream, Fun Place”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This busy ice cream spot is fun for the whole family. There is a nice variety of flavors and toppings in several different sizes. Included in this large store are toys, games, cards, etc. Kids have a wonderful time trying out the various toys. There is also a nice selection of games and puzzles for adults. This is definitely the go to place with kids.

Visited April 2013