“Love this Place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Avenue Eat and Drink Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 796 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Avenue Eat & Drink features a Southern Fusion menu with influences from FL, SC, LA and GA. Our Goal is to source 70% of our product locally and achieve a product that is 50% organic and green. We have a wide variety of appetizers, salads and entrees, an extensive wine and specialty martini list. We are open Monday-Sunday for lunch and dinner. Open Saturday and Sunday for brunch.
“Love this Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here every time we come to Tallahassee. The decor is modern and chic yet comfortable. The staff is always friendly and helpful I you need suggestions.
Brunch is great with a large selection of Bloody Mary's and champagne cocktails.
We have also been in just to have. Cocktail and order an appetizer. They have a very extensive bar selection. Another go to place in Tallahassee. Highly recommend it

UK
“Nice atmosphere - just short of expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

As committed foodies, we have been carefully selecting restaurants, using TA, during our 3 week trip around the south and in fact chose our Tallahassee hotel because it was close to the Avenue. Overall we had an OK visit - it was a lovely place and the service was excellent, but the food just didn't hit the heights.

My daughters duck was pretty good - b=cooked to perfection, my seafood broth was OK, but it did taste a bit like tinned tomatoes and my wife's prawns with grits was frankly really bland - it could have done with some acidity or spice...nothing unpleasant but not special either and our most expensive meal so far on the trip.

2 Thank Ian_HirstUk
Tallahassee, Florida
“More atmosphere than food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The food at Avenue Eat and Drink is above average but just shy of fours stars (very good). For my money, the atmosphere of this venue is it's strongest point.

The bar is warm and inviting and the drinks made with complete attention.The venue is spirited and the service excellent.

We started off with the Vidalia Onion Soup. I was good but nothing special. For the main, I ordered the roasted chicken, It was two, plain pieces of chicken (a small breast and a leg quarter) for $21. It rested on a bed of grits, which were a bit over salted.My wife ordered the Diver Scallops. Again, good but just shy of being very good.

If it were not for the wonderful atmosphere and service at Avenue Eat and Drink, the overall rating would be average.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Fine food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

For a special date or just great food this is the place to go. Many lovely items to choose from. Highly recommend it.

• Visited March 2014
“Not what I had hoped!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The service was sad. My waiter not only brought cold food but the wrong food. I ordered for brunch and not only was my order wrong so was my daughters. I also had to wait a very long time for my food drinks and check. It was a big disappointment.