“Pleasantly surprised”

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I travel often and I was very pleased with the service at Four Points as well as the accommodations. There was a young man at the front desk by the name of Christian who was the epitome of professionalism. The Juicy Blue Restaurant and Bar on premise offered a diverse delicious menu with healthy options and the service was excellent as well. Scott keeps that space squeaky clean. I truly believe people make the difference and both of these gentlemen took pride in their jobs and made a difference for me. Also, I must say my room was good but my pillows were awesome. If I had to point out anegative, it would be the slooow elevator. This hotel was my 2nd choice for this trip, but next time it will certainly be my first. Keep up the good work Four Points!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Dear 74SF,

We are so glad to hear that we are now your first choice for your stays in Tallahassee. We can't wait to see you again and we will do everything to ensure that your next stay is even more satisfactory than your last.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Not much to tell of this hotel.

Dirty, grubby, steel tables in the restaurant, awful food, we went out for breakfast.

Changed rooms when we got there, had a long conversation with the restaurant manager when he asked if everything was good. Wonder if he changed anything.

Overpriced, noisy windows, noisy road, give this place a miss if you can.

I am a Starwood member, time to change I think if this is how they let their name be used.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We regret to hear that we failed to meet your expectations during your dining experience and with the noise level in our guest room. We hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable, and we do apologize for any inconvenience due to the noise of the road construction. Here at Four Points, we always try to make sure our guests enjoy honest, uncomplicated comfort. We would love for you to stay with us again. If you choose to do so, please reach out to Bo Schmitz, the General Manager, at bo.schmitz@fourpointstallahasseedowntown.com, and he will make sure your reservation is taken care of from the start.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton one night while visiting FSU. It is fairly close to campus.
Pros:
- fast, easy check in
- very clean spacious room (see photos)
- very comfortable beds and pillows
- free parking in the back lot
- nice pool and hot tub
- ice machines (on every other floor)
Cons:
- breakfast was not included
- restaurant served breakfast ($9 buffet only - could not order from menu). Was supposed to open at 6am but only about 1/2 of the buffet was stocked by 6:30am. The restaurant staff were nice and tried to give us something to eat but apparently they needed help getting the food out on time. If you are in a hurry or have a meeting to make, don't count on the restaurant being open when it says it will be.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank smwhitaker
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have been staying at the Four Points twice a month (2-3 nights at a time) since Aug 2012. I have really enjoyed staying at a nice hotel in the downtown area, and for the most part have really enjoyed the accomodations. My only issues with the rooms are that the bathroom sink water is always really, really hot and will hardly cool down enough to a temperature suitable to brushing your teeth (this has been in the case in every room, not just one or two). The room temperature, which is controlled by the thermostat, does not get cold enough during hot days, so it can seem a little stuffy in the rooms. My MAIN issue is that the price has gone up significantly!!! When I first started booking this hotel, the rate was around $125... I just tried to book a room for March and the lowest available rate is $274/night, which is RIDICULOUS!!!! This hotel is nice, but not amazing and the price should reflect what you are paying for. I am very disappointed in the price increase, especially, because this cost is too high for what my company is willing to pay so I am now on the hunt for a new bi-monthly hotel to stay in around Tallahassee. VERY DISAPPOINTED in the price increase. I probably will not be staying in this hotel again unless the prices drop in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Did not choose to stay but convenient as a stopping point in Tallahassee. Check in took way too long. Hot water in the toilet!
In room coffee machine had not been cleaned. Waiter in restaurant a nice boy but clueless about drinks and menu. Obviously much effort has been made to renovate an older hotel but more needs to be done.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Gullrock M
Bo S, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced during your recent stay with us. As a new hotel, our staff is working hard at improving our cleanliness, efficiency and service levels for an overall postive guest experience.

After reviewing your comments, we will continue to strive for further improvement until we obtain our mission of becoming the best hotel in Tallahassee.

I would appreciate greatly if you could provide us with more information (registered name and date of stay) to assist our team in this improvement process. I would also be happy to discuss a future complimentary stay to display this improvement.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Bo Schmitz
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Located close to most of the good food spots/bars, this hotel is perfect for a business traveler. Love the staff ! Smiles and greets every time without fail. Staff literally takes care of every need you could have without you having to remind them.

Decent reliable breakfast options. I wish the dinner menu had a bit more variety. Been coming here every week for over 2 months now and my stays have always been good.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
DC
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I was sad because the Governor's Inn and aLoft were sold out. I was really pleasantly surprised to find that the Four Points has been fully renovated. I like the fresh look, the well-appointed rooms, and the blue exterior! It's not like anything in "downtown" Tallahassee is poorly located (unless you count everything in Tallahassee as being poorly located), but the Four Points is close to government, courthouse, and FSU. I had a free breakfast voucher, which is really nice since you are ordering from a real menu and not sallying up to a mediocre buffet. We also visited the Doubletree, and it's looking a little dated -- I suggest choosing the Four Points instead!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for the great feedback about our property. We are so glad you gave us the chance to show you what we are capable of and look forward to being your new home away from home whenever you return to Tallahasssee!

Bo Schmitz