“Too many issues”

Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I picked the hotel because of the location near the FSU campus. It may have been a suggested pick on Expedia as well. The hotel is very well located and close to the campus - perhaps even walk able if you are so inclined.

Check in staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The hotel design is a bit unusual on the outside and appears to be something off the Jetson's set. Plenty of on site parking as well.

Our first room was roomy enough for my son and I. While getting unpacked, I noticed a slip of paper sticking up from other the bed. I picked it up and looked under the bed. Mistake. A used Qtip and a red plastic cup were under there. Ick. Went to the bathroom next. Hair all over the floor behind the door. I called the front desk and they sent someone up and moved us immediately. Very pleasant and apologetic. New room started off poorly as there was a big stain in the middle of the floor. Wouldn't you think they would have picked another room given our first experience. The shower has a nice dispenser unit for shampoo, conditioner and soap. Very nice and seemingly new except there was no soap. REALLY.

Cocktails at the bar last night. Bartender was very nice, talkative and welcoming. Comfortable spot. Having breakfast here and then touring the campus. One night only here was the plan and that is probably a good thing.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bankguy1961

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in lots of hotels in Tallahassee. Really liked location and parking but staff needs a lesson on customer service. Room service food trays sit out for hours. Room was clean but no refrigerator. Air was noisy. Walls are thin. Hear everything in hallway.

• Stayed: April 2014
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Four Points Tallahassee Downtown for your recent accommodations in Tallahassee. We're glad you liked our location and parking options. We appreciate your feedback on the room service, AC, and noise level at the hotel. We will be sure to share with the right team here at the hotel.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel this past Friday and Saturday nights in room 911. I am very disappointed in the service while there. There were quite a few rooms from Glynn County, Georgia that stayed at this hotel while we attended a soccer tournament.

Starting on Friday evening after my 13 year old son and I checked in, we went to the lobby to wait for other team mates to arrive. I went to your lounge/bar for a cocktail to unwind while waiting. The bartender was very cordial and helpful to our group about places to eat with young boys. The bartender took a break and was replaced by a young lady named Kelley. I had finished my cocktail and wanted another, but she was too busy talking to a fellow employee. About 10 to 15 minutes later, she turned to me and asked if I would like anything else. at about that time the real bartender came back and took care of me.

Saturday morning, my son and I went down for breakfast at 6:45. No one was in the restaurant and after waiting 4 or 5 minutes I called out if any was there. Kelley from the night before came into the dining room and asked if we would like to eat. I told her yes and asked when the buffet would be ready, information in my room stated starting at 6 AM. She told me that it was ready, and I asked if any eggs were going to be on the buffet. She looked, found none, went to the kitchen, I presumed, and returned and told me that the eggs would be out in 2 minutes. It was more like 10 to 15 minutes, and they were overcooked. After getting my coffee, my son and I ate. Another hotel guest came in, helped himself to the buffet and then asked me about coffee. I told him that a waiter or waitress would get it for him if they came back in. About 5 minutes later I went to the cash register to charge the meal to my room and there were two employees standing behind the bar talking. I was helped, and then I told one of them about the gentleman wanting coffee.

At lunch we made the mistake of coming back to your restaurant to eat. Again, I found no one in the restaurant. I saw a young man mopping the floor and I asked if the restaurant was open, it was 11:30. He said that it was and would get someone. A young lady came out, I think she was the cashier, and took our order. I told her that we had to get back to the soccer complex and did not have much time. She said that she would get the meal out quickly. That did not happen.

It appears to me that the restaurant staff is more interested in talking to fellow employees rather than to paying customers. There is a decided lack of leadership in this area. I have managed motels and know.

When checking out Sunday morning, the young lady at the front desk told me that she would e-mail the room folio to me. I had to call long distance the next morning to get someone to e-mail it to me.

I am very disappointed in the personnel at this property and their customer service. This is definitely not what I expect from a Sheraton property.

The rooms were nice and clean, however we were on the street side and sirens lasted until after 2 AM from fire and EMS units.

Their service elevator was not working, so there were two elevators for guests, housekeeping and maintenance for this 160+ hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jekylldan
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely apologize for all of the problems you encountered during your stay with us last weekend. We are very disappointed in our team and the lack of attention and care we showed you throughout your stay. We are on a mission to be the best hotel in Tallahassee and normally we do a great job with guest satisfaction. However, in your case, there is no doubt we did not live up to our expectations.

We promise you we will be following up with our food & beverage and front office teams to discuss how the service encounters could have been handled better. We will use this as a learning opportunity to improve. We sincerely hope you give us another chance to serve you in the future and provide a much more positive experience.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

•Awesome hotel :D very nice service,the Sheraton 4-points hotel was worth my time, they had an awesome staff! , rooms were very well kept. I enjoyed my stay there,and I bet you will too! :D. #Five-Stars!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Shortyrun
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

A beautiful facility, with very comfortable beds. The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant, and nice, heated pool. Despite the fact that the hotel has it's own full bar, guests are permitted to bring their own beer, wine and liquor into the restaurant and bar, as well as the pool area! I travel a lot, and have never encountered such a liberal policy, but it does give the place a kind of "party" atmosphere. Which is great if you are traveling for leisure, but may not be as desirable for business travelers.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a quick overnight visit so I can not really comment on anything beyond the room. However, the bedding was simply superb and the mattress was comfortable. My stay would have been perfect with the exception of constant street noise from Tennessee Ave. Tip- ask for a room that overlooks the parking lot. Other than that, courteous check in and check out. The room itself was well appointed, modern and comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not face the street. Also, unload before you park because there is a small u...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you found our guestrooms comfortable and enjoyed sleeping in our Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed. We appreciate the feedback on the noise level and apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Check-in was fairly smooth but a bit lengthy with only one busy attendant on duty. As an SPG Gold member, I was hoping for an upgrade but was given a choice between a free drink or extra points. The room was adequate with a comfortable bed and bathroom with shower/tub. There was no fridge and the bathroom sink water pressure was too low; nice to be green but not at the expense of cleanliness. Also, there wasn't much sound insulation as I could hear quite a bit external noise. Overall though, a pleasant stay and the rate plan I used made for a very good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo