“This is a great hotel!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tallahassee, Florida, USA
“This is a great hotel!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I worked with the Four Points Sheraton staff to secure accommodations for a person visiting Tallahassee, and also happens to be deaf. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. They went so far as to acquire “hearing impaired” equipment for the guest. I, in turn was so grateful that Four Points was willing to provide this service to a disabled person and really promote independence here in the City of Tallahassee.

The hotel is beautiful facility and its right in the heart of downtown Tallahassee, exactly where I wanted my visitor to be. As I mentioned the staff was wonderful. I received only positive feedback regarding my guest’s accommodations.

I live in Tallahassee but for any of my friends and relatives, I wouldn’t recommend any other hotel. They were awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Amanda S
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review Amanda. First we'd like to thank you for choosing the Four Points for your guests' accommodations needs. Our staff is always here to ensure our guests have the best experience at our hotel and that all their needs are met. We are very happy your guest had a good experience with us. Thank you for the recommendations and for the positive review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I picked the hotel because of the location near the FSU campus. It may have been a suggested pick on Expedia as well. The hotel is very well located and close to the campus - perhaps even walk able if you are so inclined.

Check in staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. The hotel design is a bit unusual on the outside and appears to be something off the Jetson's set. Plenty of on site parking as well.

Our first room was roomy enough for my son and I. While getting unpacked, I noticed a slip of paper sticking up from other the bed. I picked it up and looked under the bed. Mistake. A used Qtip and a red plastic cup were under there. Ick. Went to the bathroom next. Hair all over the floor behind the door. I called the front desk and they sent someone up and moved us immediately. Very pleasant and apologetic. New room started off poorly as there was a big stain in the middle of the floor. Wouldn't you think they would have picked another room given our first experience. The shower has a nice dispenser unit for shampoo, conditioner and soap. Very nice and seemingly new except there was no soap. REALLY.

Cocktails at the bar last night. Bartender was very nice, talkative and welcoming. Comfortable spot. Having breakfast here and then touring the campus. One night only here was the plan and that is probably a good thing.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bankguy1961
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We've stayed in lots of hotels in Tallahassee. Really liked location and parking but staff needs a lesson on customer service. Room service food trays sit out for hours. Room was clean but no refrigerator. Air was noisy. Walls are thin. Hear everything in hallway.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for choosing the Four Points Tallahassee Downtown for your recent accommodations in Tallahassee. We're glad you liked our location and parking options. We appreciate your feedback on the room service, AC, and noise level at the hotel. We will be sure to share with the right team here at the hotel.
Jekyll Island, Georgia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel this past Friday and Saturday nights in room 911. I am very disappointed in the service while there. There were quite a few rooms from Glynn County, Georgia that stayed at this hotel while we attended a soccer tournament.

Starting on Friday evening after my 13 year old son and I checked in, we went to the lobby to wait for other team mates to arrive. I went to your lounge/bar for a cocktail to unwind while waiting. The bartender was very cordial and helpful to our group about places to eat with young boys. The bartender took a break and was replaced by a young lady named Kelley. I had finished my cocktail and wanted another, but she was too busy talking to a fellow employee. About 10 to 15 minutes later, she turned to me and asked if I would like anything else. at about that time the real bartender came back and took care of me.

Saturday morning, my son and I went down for breakfast at 6:45. No one was in the restaurant and after waiting 4 or 5 minutes I called out if any was there. Kelley from the night before came into the dining room and asked if we would like to eat. I told her yes and asked when the buffet would be ready, information in my room stated starting at 6 AM. She told me that it was ready, and I asked if any eggs were going to be on the buffet. She looked, found none, went to the kitchen, I presumed, and returned and told me that the eggs would be out in 2 minutes. It was more like 10 to 15 minutes, and they were overcooked. After getting my coffee, my son and I ate. Another hotel guest came in, helped himself to the buffet and then asked me about coffee. I told him that a waiter or waitress would get it for him if they came back in. About 5 minutes later I went to the cash register to charge the meal to my room and there were two employees standing behind the bar talking. I was helped, and then I told one of them about the gentleman wanting coffee.

At lunch we made the mistake of coming back to your restaurant to eat. Again, I found no one in the restaurant. I saw a young man mopping the floor and I asked if the restaurant was open, it was 11:30. He said that it was and would get someone. A young lady came out, I think she was the cashier, and took our order. I told her that we had to get back to the soccer complex and did not have much time. She said that she would get the meal out quickly. That did not happen.

It appears to me that the restaurant staff is more interested in talking to fellow employees rather than to paying customers. There is a decided lack of leadership in this area. I have managed motels and know.

When checking out Sunday morning, the young lady at the front desk told me that she would e-mail the room folio to me. I had to call long distance the next morning to get someone to e-mail it to me.

I am very disappointed in the personnel at this property and their customer service. This is definitely not what I expect from a Sheraton property.

The rooms were nice and clean, however we were on the street side and sirens lasted until after 2 AM from fire and EMS units.

Their service elevator was not working, so there were two elevators for guests, housekeeping and maintenance for this 160+ hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jekylldan
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We sincerely apologize for all of the problems you encountered during your stay with us last weekend. We are very disappointed in our team and the lack of attention and care we showed you throughout your stay. We are on a mission to be the best hotel in Tallahassee and normally we do a great job with guest satisfaction. However, in your case, there is no doubt we did not live up to our expectations.

We promise you we will be following up with our food & beverage and front office teams to discuss how the service encounters could have been handled better. We will use this as a learning opportunity to improve. We sincerely hope you give us another chance to serve you in the future and provide a much more positive experience.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

•Awesome hotel :D very nice service,the Sheraton 4-points hotel was worth my time, they had an awesome staff! , rooms were very well kept. I enjoyed my stay there,and I bet you will too! :D. #Five-Stars!!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Shortyrun
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

A beautiful facility, with very comfortable beds. The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant, and nice, heated pool. Despite the fact that the hotel has it's own full bar, guests are permitted to bring their own beer, wine and liquor into the restaurant and bar, as well as the pool area! I travel a lot, and have never encountered such a liberal policy, but it does give the place a kind of "party" atmosphere. Which is great if you are traveling for leisure, but may not be as desirable for business travelers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was a quick overnight visit so I can not really comment on anything beyond the room. However, the bedding was simply superb and the mattress was comfortable. My stay would have been perfect with the exception of constant street noise from Tennessee Ave. Tip- ask for a room that overlooks the parking lot. Other than that, courteous check in and check out. The room itself was well appointed, modern and comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not face the street. Also, unload before you park because there is a small u...