“Great Tallahassee hotel option”

Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Tallahassee hotel option”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. Clean rooms overlooking the city and university (hotel recently renovated), there's a nice pool area with a poolside bar, it's close to everything, and the rates are pretty reasonable. Plus it's a "circle hotel" - fun. Would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 or 17 (i.e., for the 5th floor, room 501 or 517) look toward the Florida State campus. I im...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

No matter how many points (and this review is less about cardinal points and more about comfort points like proper bed, nice bathrooms and a odorless room) a hotel is offering for the money we are paying then, if they dont make sure you will have a good night sleep in the room they choose for you, every other good things they do for you is pointless.
To describe what happened to us tonight i should say that we (my wife and i) were driving for hours; very tired after we arrived to this hotel that looks that it was offering a lot for the $115. When we saw the practically empty parking lot we though we will have plenty of rooms to choose from. We were assigned 1 overlooking the main street , that was being repair(the street), on the 8 floor. The room was perfect or so we thought, very nice bed, clean and "quiet" bathroom, new lcd tv even very good food that we order about 9 pm.
Well... Soon after we finish eating we realize that the repair crew in the street were not going to leave anything soon and the constant construction noise will be there for the night. Ok we were tired, so we slept... No for long anyways because about 2 am we realize that the AC was making the considerable bang every time it starts and stops. Then about 3:20am...No...at 3:20am the well design alarm artifact start beeping very, very laud; that took me about 1 minute to stop.
So i find out that the bathroom was a very nice place to write a review at 4am.
I think the majority of us rent hotel to sleep well and then go.
That simple point did not happened to us tonight.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for writing us a review. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. While we cannot control the construction, we understand the frustration. Your comments regarding the air conditioning unit and alarm clock have been addressed by our team and properly handled. We hope that you will give us another try in the future. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was in Tallahassee for an overnight to visit my daughter at FSU and booked this hotel. It was quiet, clean and had everything you needed. Location is on a busy road, but it is close to the center and FSU.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gillyfrancis
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Judging by other reviews online, we reserved a room at the Four Points by Sheraton and believed it would be good. We were surprised that we were WRONG. After driving for six hours, it took us three rooms until we could merely "settle" because we were so exhausted and didn't want to comparison shop so late in the day. Never before have I complained to a hotel about a room, but I simply couldn't overlook what I saw here.

Room #1: The sheets were heavily wrinkled on both beds. One bed, I swear, had a body outline as if someone had taken a nap there (maybe a weary housekeeper?). There were stains on both bed skirts, which were hanging and drooped on the floor, as if the housekeeper took 30 seconds to make the bed. At first, I just thought the bed skirt was the wrong size, but I saw the drooping and stained bed skirt in subsequent rooms. There were shoe prints and other indistinguishable stains on the bed skirts in all the rooms we saw. Also, there were stains on the sheets of both beds. Analyzing what these stains could have been made me want to vomit in my mouth, so we headed downstairs to the front desk to report this and get another room. To make us feel better, they comped our breakfast.

Room #2: We got sent to a different floor, but found the room wasn't better. I pulled back the cover of one bed and found a multitude of short, black hairs. Holding back the vomit in my mouth, I concluded that a prior guest must have allowed a dog to sleep there. Since the hotel charges a $25 pet fee, why wasn't this sheet changed? I guess it's more cost effective to pocket the pet fee. In this room, the bed skirts were also stained and hanging. Did I mention that the rugs were stained? Yeah, that too. We headed back to the front desk. This time they comped our dinner. Nice, but I want to know I can sleep and not have to head out in search of a new hotel after a six-hour drive! I asked to speak to the head of housekeeping, who was not there. I asked that someone in housekeeping meet us before going to the next room and that the person be there for our last and final inspection. The manager was very apologetic and accommodating. I must say the staff was very nice.

Room #3: By the time we got to this room, we were even more fed up and tired. With the housekeeping staff in the room, I threw back the sheets (just in case) and at least they were clean this time. The bed skirts were still stained and drooping and a box spring was askew from the mattress. I told the housekeeping help it was OK (It was like 7 in the evening already!). Later I discovered a coffee stain on the rug, dust in the phone cradle and along any other places dust will settle, and big, grey stains on the bathroom floor that looked like someone dyed his or her hair black and just left it. The bath tub's drain trap needed to be removed or else the water filled the tub. And there are no mirrors in the room, except for the bathroom, which made it really fun to get ready in the morning.

As far as the comped dinner we had in the restaurant area: don't expect fresh. It's frozen and canned microwaved. No seasoning--bland. Thank goodness for the salt and pepper shakers. The restaurant is near the pool and very pretty lit up at night. But while we were dining, I can't forget briefly looking up to take in the pretty scene while sipping my cocktail and then seeing a homeless man wrestling through garbage on the sidewalk above. Apparently, there's a homeless shelter and Greyhound bus station nearby. In the morning, as we drove away from this hotel, I saw a man wrapped in a filthy blanket crossing the street.

Is there anything good I can say (besides the broken elevator I stood in front of what seemed forever and ever that had no sign). Well, the gym they have is clean and has just what you need. Enjoyed the workout! The beds are actually comfortable, and the towels are fluffy, white clean with no smell of chlorine bleach.

The night manager confided that there's been a turnover in housekeeping staff. Hmmm.......

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and allowing us the opportunity to improve our services. We are truly sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay with us. While we are happy that our staff was able to move you to a clean, comfortable room, we genuinely understand your frustrations. Cleanliness is extremely important to us and your comments are taken seriously. This has been addressed with our housekeeping staff so that it will not be repeated in the future. Again, thank you for your review. Take care.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel was renovated. The rooms weren't as new feeling as I was expecting, but they were clean and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast buffet (not free) was OK at best. It's normally the type breakfast that is included with other similar hotels. But it was acceptable and we would have no problem staying there again.

Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I was the coordinator for my family reunion and we chose the Sheraton to host everything. They we awesome; from the planning to the execution. The staff were efficient and very courteous from the front desk to housekeeping. One of the maintenance men saw me struggling with boxes and immediately came to my rescue and even offered to help me bring in the rest of my supplies. The catereing staff helped me make this a very special occasion with as little stress as possible. Even when I had last minute chages, Maria made me feel I wasn't the nuisance I knew I was. The wait staff were on the ball. When a couple of concerns/issues arose, they were quickly corrected. Even though I live in Tallahassee I stayed in the hotel and the rooms we great. The beds were awesome and the decor was beautiful. No smell of dampness or mold. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sylvia Y
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I am literally just now checking out of this hotel and couldn't wait to write a review. I'm gonna start with the Con(s)first: rooms don't come equipped with a refrigerator or a microwave. Room had a stale smell when we walked in but as the AC ran it dissipated.
Now on to the Pro(s): The hotel grounds are well kept up. The rooms are nice. But by far the best thing about this hotel are it's employees! They give you the best guest service experience. Their staff recommendations on sites to see and restaurants were phenomenal! True Southern Hospitality! The hotel is located downtown and most sites were in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MGilmore1978
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property and thrilled that our staff was able to assist in creating a great stay. We hope to see you again soon. Take care.