“Great Stay”

Ranked #33 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed overnight to rest after traveling. Friendly staff. Very clean, safe, and comfy. The beds were the most comfortable I have been in at a hotel! Indoor pool was not heated; very cold, but the kids didn't mind. Reasonable rates. Good location, right off the highway, next to Walmart and another large shopping area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. It is very close to I-10 and easily accessible to downtown Tallahassee and FSU with a 10 minute drive. Hotel has been around awhile but they have done a nice job with renovations and upgrading rooms. Flat screen TV, nice bedding with comfortable bed and pillows. Shower worked great and towels were fine. In-door pool for swimming but not for sunning in Florida. Breakfast area is pleasant, fireplace and comfortable seating with couch and table and chairs. Breakfast was ok, had sausage biscuit in a small refrigerator that you can heat up yourself and a waffle maker but I didn't try either. Had muffins, bagels, English muffins and toast, fruit and cereal with juice, milk and coffee. Taco Bell practically on site and Walmart behind in easy walking distance. I would stay again. Staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: 2 queen bed room was very nice size with desk too. I'd get the top floor because I could hear pe...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 April 2013

This is an average Fairfield. A pretty good location if you don't want to be in the center of town. It seems like it is due for a refresh. The pool was closed when I was there, so maybe they are starting to make updates.

Biggest complaint - If you have a front entrance that is not an automatic door, at least have a button you can press that will open it. Last time I checked, most people travel with luggage and have their hands full when they enter the hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This Fairfied has paper thin walls. On the first night of my stay, a bus backed into the parking lot just as I laid down. The beeping went on longer than needed. It turns out that the bus was filled with a high school or college band. The students were not disrespectful but you could hear them talking in the next room for a few hours. The second night, a family was in the room next door. The kids were well behaved but again, you could hear every word that they said. The hotel is run down in general. My towel rack fell off the wall everytime I took off a washcloth. The property is in desperate need of a renovation and it is not up to the usual Fairfield standard.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a horrible experience at our hotel. We are currently under review for a renovation and would love for you to come back and see us once completed. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the manager directly at the hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Tallahassee hotels

Bellaire, Texas
Reviewed 23 February 2013

My wife and stayed here a couple of nights ago. The room was fine and the staff were friendly and helpful. Our only problem was the breakfast. A busload of (High school ) students were staying in the hotel on a field trip and they completely wiped out the breakfast supply. I can understand that but also think that he hotel knew about the students and could have planned for them. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback. This was a very busy week for us and we did have a high volume of groups in house causing us to run out of food. I have shared your comment with the staff and we have come up with a procedure on handling groups during breakfast therefore guest are not disturbed and can also enjoy breakfast. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced. Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the manager directly at the hotel.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Spent the night here. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast room was terribly crowded and after the first hour the fruit was gone. Just good basic lodging. Convenient to I-10, quiet location with fast food nearby.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The room and furniture were a little worn. The carpet was threadbare in places. But the room was clean and adequate. The room was very small, though I believe most rooms in the hotel are larger. Overall, this was worth the money. Modest, but a clean, well run operation with prices that met my budget.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business