“Good Rate for the Area”

Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Good Rate for the Area”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

EZ on and off I-10 but far enough so traffic sounds are limited. Room rate for the area is competitive. Must agree with others that rooms are dated but are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate. We would stay there again.

Stayed April 2014
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10. I will be sure to share your comment with the staff; also we are looking into making some changes to the hotel. Should you like to discuss further please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

I'm a business traveler. 132 nights in Marriott hotels in 2013 and already 45 nights this year in the first 3 months. When you travel this much you learn how to not let things bother you. In the case of this hotel I'll make an exception. I can deal with the worn down furniture and thin towels but I draw the line when the staff is just plain rude. It was abundantly clear they could care less about the traveler. In fact, I'm 100% certain I was a major interruption in their day. It was as though they were doing me a favor. It's not my job to cure their apathy.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Garcarcha
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Fairfield Inn-Tallahassee. We appreciate your patronage; I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience that occurred during your stay with us. I can empathize with you about your mishap because as a past traveler myself I would expect nothing less but the BEST when staying at a Marriott property. I can assure you that the issue has been addressed and I have taken care of everything with the staff.

Should you have any questions or would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel is very dated for a Fairfield Inn. Location was convenient for visiting our daughter at FSU. Staff was average, they didn't go out of way to greet us but weren't rude either. Room was clean but dated.

• Stayed March 2014
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. My staff and I take pride in ensuring guests satisfaction. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please contact me directly.
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms need to be more updated to be a Marriott hotel all the furniture where old and bed uncomfortable and the bathtub had stains I felt that I was staying in a cheap hotels. There is so many hotels around the area that next time I will not stay here. I road trip a lot with my family and I try to stay in good brand hotels to rest with my family and I am not happy with my choice today :(

• Stayed March 2014
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott.
As General Manager, my duty is to ensure every guest is completely satisfied, and if given the opportunity, would come back and stay with us. In these uncertain and even difficult economic times, I want my guests to feel that they are getting a great value for staying with us. YOU are important to me. I wanted to let you know that I understand your frustration and I would like to discuss this matter a little more with you, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. I look forward to speaking with you. Again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Very best regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Staff were wonderful; friendly, helpful, accommodating. We stopped for one night and had to stay two nights due to the ice storm that closed I-10. Very convenient and pleasant stay. Right next to Walmart and convenient to several local restaurants. The breakfast offered was above average and much appreciated. The pool was clean and fun. The property itself is a bit run-down. Though the staff keeps it very clean, our room had several items which were sub-standard: the lampshades were tattered; the bedskirt was ripped. We would definitely stay again if in the area. Thank you for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnD911
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comment on Trip Advisor. I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I will be sharing your kind words with the staff today, and I will also address the sub-standard issues with your room. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback!
Sun City Center, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel on Apalachee Pkwy. one night while traveling through and found it clean and comfortable. Friendly front desk staff and very nice breakfast with something for everyone - even plant based, gluten free person. Only downside was doors slamming in hallway but good value for price.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family and I had booked this hotel for four nights but after staying for only two, we'd had enough. Just a word of warning, this area has a lot of homeless people walking around. We encountered three during the first 15 minutes of being here. There is no security guard or guarded parking either.
After being woken up at 6:55 am by a noisy group of next door neighbors apparently having a conference in their room, we'd had enough. We could hear whole words, not just murmurs, which should tell you how thin the walls were. The first morning there it was almost impossible for us to eat from the breakfast buffet because they'd run out of plates and forks. One of the staff members finally left, went to Walmart, and bought more. By this time, everyone waiting to eat had to form a long line to get food. The biscuits were hard, almost to the point of not being able to cut them with a knife. We had ants in our room, mainly in the bathroom. There was a plastic cover to a disposable razor left in the room, presumably from the previous guest... which makes me wonder if they even vacuumed between guests! At night we could hear what sounded like people running track in the room above us. When we explained to the receptionist that we were leaving two days early due to the noise, she told us it was probably a good idea because there was another big group checking in that day. For the price we paid, there are better options elsewhere, I'm sure!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deebeeinar
Cynette S, Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Frist Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Secondly I want to let you know that understand your frustration, as you should have expected a clean fresh room peaceful room in addition to a nice error free breakfast. I can assure you that these issues have been addressed and I have taken care of everything. I thank you for sharing your experience with me