“There are better choices in the area”

Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10
Ranked #36 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have stayed at many a Fairfield Inn. It generally is a consistent brand and we have had good stays in the past at other Fairfield Inns. This hotel was the exception. We booked this hotel while we were on the road, and requested 2 connecting rooms as we were traveling with children. First impressions are often everything, and this hotel left a lot to be desired. The hotel is located between a Taco Bell and a Walmart. There were people lurking around in the parking lot who did not appear to belong there. There were large signs stating to lock you car, etc. We were greeted in the hotel by a sweet lady who was working at the desk. She gave us the keys to our room and we proceeded there to check out the accommodations. We entered the first room and discovered that not only was it very dated and smelled strange, it was also not connected to the other room we had a key for. We returned to the desk, were given a key to the room on the other side, only to find that that room had not been cleaned. They were unable to accommodate us with 2 connecting rooms, so we quickly checked out and left. This hotel is in serious need of a renovation, and definitely some more security is needed. I would not stay at this hotel, nor would I recommend it to anyone. We were very disappointed in this Marriott property. I received a note from management apologizing for our experience and promising to take care of the issues. It appears on this site she has promised other reviewers the same things.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ARMYG8R
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Valued guest Thank you for sharing your experience, we deeply regret that we did not meet your needs or your request on your visit with us. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the BEST service. If you would like to discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We didn't get to this place until 11pm and slept too late to enjoy breakfast. The rug didn't feel clean under my feet. But the rest was ok for our quick stay. Not far off the interstate. A good option if you need a place to lay your head for a night or two!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott, and thank you for sharing your recent experience.
As General Manager, it is my job to ensure every guest is completely satisfied. In these uncertain and even difficult economic times, I want my guests to feel that they are getting a great value for staying with us. I can assure you that the issue has been addressed; I have personally taken care of everything. Should you like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. Have a great day and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The three things I look for in a hotel, plus a good free breakfast! This hotel met all my requirements. Our room was clean and the breakfast was plentiful. The front desk staff and the breakfast staff were friendly. We stopped for one night passing through, so did not take advantage of any of their other amenities. We did not have any noise issues and got a good nights sleep. I would stay there again and recommend this Fairfield Inn to others.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Comfortable beds, quiet location right off I-10 with reasonable rates. Lots of good eating spots within one mile. Very friendly and attentive staff with true focus on quality service and customer satisfaction. Was upgraded to a suite without asking. Will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory due to the property ageing. Please accept our sincere apologies for this. We take great pride in ensuring our guests satisfaction.
Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. We do have plans for renovations in the near future. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. Best Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here on a spontaneous last-minute trip to Tallahassee. It was not the experience I was hoping for considering this is a Marriott property. I did not have a bad experience - the front desk staff was polite, the room was clean, and the breakfast was decent, but there is nothing exceptional here. The hotel is older and just average. I would stay somewhere cheaper next time if I was looking for average quality. Overall, I can't say I recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We booked this hotel as loyal members of the Marriott rewards program when we were passing through Tallahassee for one night. It was a disappointment. First, the property is located beside a Walmart and behind a Taco Bell in a secluded, wooded area, with trees coming up to the hotel on the backside. Clearly not a good start - it did not give the impression of being a safe property. In addition, the single door to the lobby was locked upon arrival (also not a good impression). The lobby isn't really a lobby, as it's attached directly to the eating area where breakfast is served. After getting to the room, we found out we had been assigned a handicap room. Under circumstances where a hotel is booked up, etc. I might understand. However, this hotel was mostly empty the night we stayed, and there was no reason for us to be placed in a handicap room. We had to remove the bathtub seat, adjust fixtures, etc. ourselves.

The hotel is badly in need of a serious remodel. The furniture, fixtures, and exterior of the building looked like it would command a rate of less than half what we paid. At least they offered an adequate breakfast and the linens were clean. Otherwise, this property does not live up to Marriott standards and we would not stay there again. It was a serious disappointment, especially since we make Marriott properties a priority and just came from an excellent Fairfield Inn in another city. Marriott needs to address quality control with this property's management.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spark23
Cynette S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Frist I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott.

As General Manager, my duty is to ensure every guest is completely satisfied, and if given the opportunity, would come back and stay with us. In these uncertain and even difficult economic times, I want my guests to feel that they are getting a great value for staying with us. YOU are important to me. I wanted to let you know that I understand your frustration. I am taken care of everything to correct the things that you have addressed; I thank you for sharing your experience. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly

Thank you for the loyalty to Marriott.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

On the morning of May 14, 2014 I was gathering items for my breakfast. I took a cup and put it under the spout of the coffee dispenser. I pumped once and didn't get much, pumped the second time and didn't get anything. Since I could get coffee on the way to work I went to my table and began eating. A few minutes later the gentleman who had been at the front desk put a full cup of coffee on my table. He said he saw the dispenser run out when I was trying to get a cup. In about a month I will use this situation in a seminar for people in another industry who are responsible for providing good customer service every day. The question to the group will be, "What would bad, good and exceptional customer service look like in this situation?" To me, bad service would have been to ignore the coffee dispenser and good service would have been to quickly refill it. Refilling the dispenser and bringing me a cup, that was exceptional! Thanks again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business