“Newer, clean hotel with free internet and convenient location.”

Fairfield Inn Tallahassee North/I-10
Ranked #30 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Newer, clean hotel with free internet and convenient location.”
Reviewed 17 December 2009

We enjoyed an easy stay at this newer, clean hotel. Many of the hotels in Tallahassee are a bit older and not in the best shape. This hotel also has an indoor pool and hot tub. An easy, clean stay for an overnighter.

• Stayed December 2009

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kentucky
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Typical Fairfield property. Located in a decent area in Tallahassee--off of exit 199 on I-10. Located next to a Taco Bell--sort of a weird entrance into parking lot.

Check-in and staff was fine. No issues.

I think the property was a little dated. Beds were comfortable, fairly soft mattress. Definitely not new bedding though. Room was ok size. TV was an older picture tube. Had problem with time clock. Made strange noise while laptop was connected to internet.

Also, very bright light from Taco Bell parking lot shown in window. While this doesn't really bother me, I could see where it could bother some.

Didn't eat breakfast at hotel. The eating area seemed okay. All in all, no problems and I had a fine stay. But this is definitley a middle of the road property--nothing fancy.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Orlando
Reviewed 20 April 2009

Stayed here on a recent trip to the Florida Capitol. The hotel staff was friendly and helpfull in the clean and well kept property.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
kferrell1
Reviewed 26 July 2008

Used my points for a free night stay. Checked in late, desk person did not appear to be interested in our arrival.

I was upset with the fact that on my point paperwork, I was to get a free night and would not be charged anything, yet on my arrival I was told that they needed a credit card for incidentals. I said there would not be any, and was told that they needed a credit card or I could not stay. Only held $30., but Hampton Inn does not do this.

On our way to the room, we passed the indoor pool and jacuzzi. It looked a little green. Didn't use it.

Room was clean and comfortable. Pantene shampoo and conditioner were available.

Breakfast in the morning was good. Only coffee, water and apple juice, almost missed the small cartons of milk. Had make your own waffles, jimmy dean sandwiches, fruit, cereal, and a selection of different breakfast breads.

• Liked — clean, good hot breakfast
  • Disliked — late night deskperson
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 22 August 2007

I stayed overnight with my wife and her parents. We reserved two rooms directly through the Marriott.com website. Upon arrival, we decided to change our rooms to king size beds and we were allowed to do so without any complaints or problems.

The pool was clean and was a little busy.

The breakfast was great, loved the wafflemaker and the Jimmy Dean egg sandwiches!!

Overall a great stay and I look forward to staying here again in the future!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was great!
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank PRIMETIMEUCF
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 6 July 2007

This was our second stay, the first was June 2006.

This is a great hotel. We had a King Suite with a sleeper sofa, two adults and three kids. The room was flawless, the bed and pillows great.

About 45 minutes after checking, the front desk called to make sure everything was ok and check if we needed anything.

Good breakfast, indoor pool. I cannot think of anything to complain about.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank timmoranla
Gainesville
Reviewed 31 May 2006

I stayed at the Fairfield four times this year. All of my stays were enjoyable and comfortable. The hotel just underwent a renovation so all the rooms are fresh and clean. The staff was always friendly and I looked forward to my stays.

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business