“Clean property - not close to I-10...”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
FL
“Clean property - not close to I-10...”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This is a solid property overall with a couple little changes this could be an excellent property. One item that is not the fault of the hotel is its location. It is about 10-15 minutes from I-10. I did not know it was that far away from I-10, so that was a bit of a bummer. The hotel was pretty busy when I checked out with the whole breakfast area being full. I did not see a place to sit down and eat so I left. I cant comment on the evening or breakfast food. I have stayed at several Homewood Suites before and they had fine food offerings.
The other part that I did not care for was the couch. It had a fair amount of little rips/tears it in. It did not look overaly clean so I did not sit on it at all.
Overall not a bad place, if you need more space than an average hotel room and a little kitchen this would do just fine for you. Like most Homewood's, they have a basketball hoop and a pool. Due to its location, I will most likely not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LeezakFl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Having never been to a Homewood Suite, I can't speak enough about the quality from the desk personnel, housekeeping and rest of staff. I stayed 12 days and was on an end room on top flooor which was definitely worth it and what I preferred. Never heard anything!

For the price, in my opinion, it can't be beat from the spacious room to the complimentary hot breakfast to the happy hour reception M-T that includes a nice dinner.

I will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank glfchick82
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We arrived at the Homewood Suites on a Saturday and upon check-in (which was quick and efficient), we were given a goodie bag with a granola bar and cookies. Nice touch! The room itself was comfortable and clean. The air conditioner was working well, as it was a 99°F day. We were impressed by the duvet cover on the bed, hoping it was clean. The layout of the two-room suite was efficient and included every amenity. Breakfast the next morning was tasty and included a large assortment from waffles, omelets, yogurt, and cereal to pastries. We waited until the last 30 minutes of the breakfast window, so it was crowded. The kitchen staff could not keep up, so several items were missing from the selection. Also, due to the crowd, a few guests had to use the chairs in the lobby instead of dine at a table. The location of the hotel is somewhat of a drive from downtown and the universities, but the proximity to Capital Circle is great for missing the local traffic. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again the next time I am in town.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I am a Hilton Gold member and when I walked into the room, they had a nice hand-written note welcoming me on the kitchen bar area. The happy hour and breakfast food were terrific. The management was very professional and friendly. Even though the facility is somewhat farther from FSU and the downtown area (what there is of it in Tallahassee), it is definitely worth it. The hotel area was very peaceful and quiet. The only drawback is that it shares a parking lot with a Hampton Inn and it can be a challenge to find a space in the front of the property. You may have to park in the rear. But other than that, a great stay.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Tampa
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Breakfast in the morning is excellent and the M-R 5-7pm dinner hour has great food. Rooms are spacious and management is dedicated to making sure the guests are satisfied. I'll be back.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Clean hotel with all suites. Room was 1 bedroom with small kitchen and living area, full size fridge, 2 burner range. Pull out couch and chair, flat screen TVs. Vanity outside bathroom in bedroom.

Happy Hour/Food provided 5-7p M-Tr in the lobby, breakfast every day. Staff was friendly and helpful.

A/C was a little loud at night, but worked well. Plenty of restaurants around, a few within walking distance. Shopping close by, including a mall. Minutes from the Capitol, not so close to the highway though.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
ToddMiddleton, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

The staff and management are great. We stayed here while remodeling on our home was being done and I didn't want to go home. Free breakfast and dinner spoiled me. Very welcoming and friendly experience. My children loved it too!

• Stayed May 2012