“Quiet and Spacious”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Orinda, California
“Quiet and Spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting family in the Tallahassee area. We were in Room 516, a king, 1 bedroom suite. We had requested a quiet room on an upper level, and that is exactly what we got. It was a bit of a hike to get there, but we didn't mind at all. We really appreciated that the bedroom had a door that could be closed to separate it from the rest of the living area, since my husband is an earlier riser than I am. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean. There's a nice little kitchenette with a full size refrigerator, a dishwasher, a microwave, coffeemaker and small cooktop. We didn't try to prepare any meals, and I'm not sure that you could make anything very complicated with the limited space and kitchenware. But, it's hardly necessary since you can enjoy a nice breakfast off the main lobby. They were even serving a free dinner during the weeknights while we were there. We didn't have the opportunity to try them, so can't comment further on them. The sofa in the living room has rather hard foam cushions which was not super comfortable, but it converts into a sofabed, if you need extra sleeping space. Also, there was a stain on the seat of the living room chair that I mentioned to the front desk staff on our departure. She promised to have it cleaned before the next guest arrived. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Overall, we would recommend this hotel, and we plan to stay here again on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hello Pat P, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We truly appreciate the wonderful comments and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you can count on us to be your home away from home. Please contact me the next time you visit Tallahassee.
Regards, Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Overall very nice property. It was one of the larger Homewood Suites where I have stayed. The room(s) were clean. The check in process was simple and the front desk staff was very nice and accommodating. I had requested a crib when I booked and it was already set up and waiting. If there were any drawbacks, I found them to be minor. I had a two room suite and had only 4 towels total (2 in each bathroom) and no extra linens. Easily remedied as I asked for more and had them in minutes. I found this to be the only issue (trivial) but unusual as other Homewood Suites had plenty of towels (and linens).

1 Thank dmajkc
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear dmajkc, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I have personally spoken with housekeeping regarding the towels and have retrained them. We want every guest to feel as if they were in their own home. Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Kind Regards,
Largo, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

This appears to be an older Homewood property. Located off a main road but set back and next to a Hampton Inn the location is quiet and seemed safe. We stayed one night passing through on our way to Callaway Gardens. Check-in was easy and staff were friendly and attentive. Our room was clean but the kitchenette cupboards were empty - housekeeping must not have noticed that the pots, pans etc. were missing. The satellite TV is a bit tricky to operate - hotel staff were even confused but they eventually solved the issue without moving us. The reason we won't stay here again is because it is impossible to regulate the temperature in the room. Thermostat read 74 degrees constantly but the room felt much warmer. Front desk said there was nothing that could be done - temp could not be set lower then 74.

Room Tip: Unless you like your room very warm stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear TroyGuy50, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. I have addressed the issues with housekeeping regarding the missing items. I am so sorry the front desk staff misinformed you regarding the AC, I will personally retrain them. Our AC's will go way below 74 degrees, they are just like the units at home. We value you as a customer, please contact me, so I can make this right.
Trinity, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

The complimentary breakfast and dinner were awesome . The food was better than most restaurants I have eaten in . Everyone in the kitchen really cared about the happiness of the hotel guest . They went above and beyond my expectations.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Sue C, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. Our kitchen staff truly cares about their food and it shows. We are so glad you enjoyed the complimentary meals. Please feel free to contact me personally the next time you visit.
Happy Holiday's
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Where to begin? I have stayed at the Homewood for nearly two months now and my journey will end tomorrow. As excited as I am to head home for the holidays it seems wrong since I have grown to call this my home. It has felt like an apartment more than a hotel. The staff here far surpasses its amenities and rooms. From the staff at the front desk such as Janelle, Kristl, Lauren, Ben, and Beth to those who provided some excellent home cooked meals for breakfast and dinner such as Jackie, Riley, and Mike I thank you all so much!!! It seems as if each of you have grown to be part of my family and I will miss each of you. I could not have asked for a better experience while in Tallahassee and each of you are directly involved in that conclusion. I hope that each of you have a wonderful holiday season and if I ever find myself in Tallahassee for any reason I will absolutely come back to see y'all again!!! Merry Christmas Homewood!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We enjoyed having you as our guest and are going to miss all of you. We want every guest to feel like family when they stay with us. We are so happy you feel like family and hope you will be able to return. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you need to visit your home away from home.
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Have stayed at this hotel several times and the accommodations and staff were excellent. We picked this hotel because they are pet friendly and pet friendly they are! They have a tasty evening meal with cocktails included in your stay, as well as a nice breakfast. Everything was clean and well-maintained. Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet, ask for ground floor near an exit.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and are thankful we are your home away from home. We enjoy our four legged guest as well. Please stop by the front desk on your next visit and make sure you pick up a treat for your dog. Please feel free to contact me at any time.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

The linens did not smell fresh and the breakfast the next morning was sparse even though the host was available he was busy talking to family and friends to care if patrons had what they needed. There was no milk, no oatmeal, no yogurt, juice was empty, no hard boiled eggs. Very disappointed because we frequent this chain of hotels often and we know what is served with the breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewod Suites Tallahassee. We are so very sorry we fell short of your expectations. I have reviewed your comments with our breakfast/dinner staff so they are aware of what they need to work on. We want every guest to feel at home. I am also looking into adding hard boiled eggs to our breakfast bar, for a little something extra, thank you for your suggestion. Please feel free to contact me if you need any assistance.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002