“Better Than Home!!”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Once again this site surpasses our expectations! We are FSU parents who have visit Tally on a regular bases and if they have a room, we stay here. From the moment you arrive, you are greeted with warmth and professionalism. And once they recognize you, the staff exceeds with efficiency, caring, and attention.

Yes the rooms are clean, well organized and the bed is perfect to sleep the days aches away. The shower is lush and the kitchen is fully stocked for your visit. The housekeeping care and the spotless rooms reflect it.

We can not emphasize enough what makes this place better than home is the staff. Example: we are checking in with Beth and she knew we were here for Tally Classics, that's FSU Demented Ultimate Frisbees teams hosting yearly event. In the morning at breakfast, she comes over to say hello. I ask if there were any yogurts left for me & hubby to have as lunch so we wouldn't need to leave the FSU intramural fields. Well, Beth gets us a ziplock bag, loads it with our 2 yogurts, 2 bananas, and 4 nutra bars to ensure we get a healthy lunch. She even added spoons and napkins!!

This is Above and Beyond and better than being home. Love it here! Hoping we can have a cancelation so we can bring the whole family for May's graduation.

Stayed: March 2014
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Scbleo, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites. We truly appreciate your king words and are so happy you feel at home here. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The continental breakfast and evening meal are excellent. The staff who helped with both meals are very good too. I didn't like the fact that some many dogs were at the hotel. You could hear them barking sometimes. The lack of directional signs made the trip to the lobby rather confusing through the maze of hallways. The hotel staff were helpful with many things that were requested.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Sandra H, thank you so much for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. The staff here takes pride in everything they do, thank you for the wonderful comments. We do allow pets in the hotel, but do have certain rooms for them to go in to. The next time you visit us, we can assign your room away from the pet rooms.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here with colleagues and as usual the Homewood Suites did not disappoint. The check in process was smooth and quick. I appreciated the complimentary water bottles and snack after a long day on the road. The room was very lovely and most importantly comfortable and immaculate. I felt right at home!

Breakfast was great and while we did not try the dinner, it must have been good as the dining room was packed. Lots of laughter by guests and the staff which made for a pleasant atmosphere.

The hotel is located in a great spot so if you are looking to eat off property there are a lot of great choices nearby (Georgio's is right in the same parking area) and also within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you want a view, room 415 faced a wooded area which probably fills in nice in the spring/summer.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Margaret F, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. The title for your review is what our Homewood Suites strives for. I am delighted you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. The staff here always wants every guest to feel as if they were at home. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you plan to visit your home away from home.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I recently started staying in Tallahassee for work. Kristi M.has been exceptional at helping me with my complicated schedule. She is always very professional and polite and takes time to personally call me to ensure that my reservations are properly made for the week. She is definitely a great asset to your team! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hello Elizabethanne2012, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. I am excited to read that Kristl is taking such great care of you. You are correct, she truly is an amazing asset to our hotel.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff at the Homewood suites are extremely friendly. They provide a delicious full breakfast and a delightful dinner with a smile. The chef, Jackie, continually asks how could she make my make my dinner or breakfast to my preference. She always makes sure that I regularly have fresh bananas to eat during the day. Whenever I prefer a different dinner entrée than what is being offered she specially prepares me another dinner choice.

Lauren, the Assistant Manager, assisted me one evening in clipping my dogs nails. She always has a pleasant smile and a happy greeting.

The friendly staff and warm southern hospitality always keeps me returning for future visits.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mike R, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. I am excited to read that Jackie and Lauren take such great care of you. I will be sharing your wonderful comments during the next employee meeting. Thank you!
We look forward to your weekly visits with us!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The overall stay was excellent! The staff took care of the large group of us that were in Tallahassee for a week on a business trip. The breakfast and dinner was great. The staff that took care of us for the meals made sure we were very happy. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: February 2014

Hello Cacolemanjohnson, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We were delighted to take care or your group and truly enjoyed it. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

A comfortable hotel with free breakfast and dinner. for the traveler reluctant to eat alone, this is the place to stay. furnishings are basic but comfortable, and youcanstock the refrigerator or use the microwave.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Cheryl B, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We truly appreciate your nice comments and look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home.