“Relaxing stay with excellent service!”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing stay with excellent service!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A brief stay in Tallahassee resulted in 2 nights in the Homewood Suites.

Excellent staff who went out of their way to make my stay as comfortable as possible. A very clean suite of rooms and welcomed evening meal.

Would have no hesitation to stay here again the next time I'm in Tallahassee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear At1anticflyer, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy you have a very relaxing stay. We strive to have every guest feel as if they were in the comfort of their own home. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Regards, Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We asked for a quiet suite and we were given one. The receptionist could not have been more helpful. The suite consisted of a kitchen area with everything you need including crockery and cutlery and a coffee machine,and a table and chairs. The sitting area, had a sofa, chairs and a flat screen TV. There was a door to the bedroom which was large and comfortable with a flat screen TV. The bathroom had a bath and a loo, and the sink was outside as it is in a lot of Florida hotels. We had an excellent night's sleep. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Fbis, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be clean and comfortable. Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit your new home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager (850)402-9400 ext 2002
Ponte Vedra, FL, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was a good choice for us to stay at while visiting Florida State University for our HS Junior. The accommodates were roomy enough that we were able to get on room as there are two rooms in each room. Not too far away either (10 minutes). Great staff and clean accommodations!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear SeanM, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to be your home away from home if your HS student chooses to start college at FSU. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager 850-402-9400 ext 2002
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was my first time to Homewood Suites.. I was really amazed with the staff and how sweet they were. They even allowed pets and will help you take care of them if they need to be walked during your stay. The breakfast was amazing - The best eggs - couldn't believe they weren't fresh and the most amazing scones. Better than Starbucks. Great hotel - kitchenette and big rooms. Wonderful. I wish the beds were a little softer and pillow were a little softer but overall - great staff, wonderful staff and about 4 miles from FSU and Capitol.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Leecat, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are truly happy you enjoyed your stay with us. The eggs are fresh, hard to believe for a hotel. The staff takes pride in everything they do and is always willing to go above and beyond. I will be sharing your comments at our next Homewood Huddle and it surely will bring smiles to their faces. Thanks again,
Monterey, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stayed here 4 days and slept well. We had a mini suite with a fridge and stove and even a dishwasher. The room was nice and clean the bed was very good even for a Hilton. The couch in the room was very uncomfortable though. Or room was in the rear building overlooking the pool and basketball hoop. we had the windows open and did not have much noise at all.

There were some strange things about the room, the light switch for the bathroom is not in the bath room its at the sink , about 6 feet away. The other thing is the table/desk has an outlet perfect for charging your phone or laptop but the outlet turns off when you turn the light off. So if you charge overnight you need to leave the light on or find another plug.

Neither of these are a big deal just seemed that it could have been better thought out.

Room Tip: The hotel is behind the Hampton and the sign is small so keep your eye out for it.
Green Features: They offered a recycle bin in the room as well as waste cans.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hello IKehrein, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. I will mention your thoughts about the lights and outlets to our designer for when we have our next renovation, which is getting planned now. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We booked this hotel through a third party where you don't get the name of the hotel until purchased. It was 3 stars and a decent price. The property was not marked clearly and hard to see off the road. Check in was a negative experience as they did not have the room we had requested and it took us several attempts to get that adjusted. Only after calling the main Hilton number did we get the room we had requested. They did offer some perks after this experience that helped ease the pain of the experience.

The layout of the building made for a long walk to our room from where the elevator was. When carrying a lot of luggage that was not the easiest. Breakfast was included and as advertised. Rooms were clean and well kept. Full kitchens are nice and convenient.

Overall, we were satisfied once we got the room situation worked out.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Destinationheaven, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are truly sorry for the mix up with your room type. There are so many third party booking channels out there now and sometimes they overbook room types. I am happy to see we were able to honor the room type after a few phone calls. We do hope you will book with us the next time you visit Tallahassee.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I recently stayed at this Hilton property when I was in Tallahassee on business. Upon arrival I checked into my room and noticed that there was still a dirty towel left behind by the previous guest. I also noticed that I had stains on my bedroom sheets. I was on my way to the front desk when I met one of the properties Houseman. His name was Dale Weeks. Dale assist me and got my room back to what he called the Hilton standards. He refreshed my sheets and took the dirty linens out of my room Dale has such an eye for detail and I appreciated him going above and beyond his job to help make a satisfied guest!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Joshua M
Dear Joshua M, thank you from taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so very sorry for the appearance of your suite upon your arrival. I am honored to hear Dale was able to save the day for you. I will be rewarding Dale for his wonderful service. We want all of our guests to have an outstanding stay and we are truly sorry we fell short.