“Tallahassee Vacation”

Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Tallahassee Vacation”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed at Homewood Suites while on our family vacation in Tallahassee. The suite was great and the staff where really nice. The food was wonderful breakfast as well as the evening meal. Since we never visited Tallahassee before we were not familiar with the area or sure what we wanted to see. We were given a map of the area, as well as suggestions on things to see. Location of Homewood Suites worked really well for us also. We were here to visit the capitol and it was exactly 3 miles right straight down the road. We enjoyed ourselves and had a wonderful vacation in Tallahassee.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Maryr106,
THANK YOU! We truly appreciate your taking the time to share this wonderful comments about our Homewood Suites - Tallahassee. . I look forward to meeting you personally when you next visit your new home away from home! Pleasant travels!
Ashley Schneider, General Manager, 850-402-9400

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Washington
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Checking in was a breeze. My reservation was in order and in less than a minute I had my room key. I asked about a business center and the clerk confirmed and pointed to it, advising that it is open 24/7. My suite was clean and comfortable. I’ve stayed at the Homewood brand hotels before and this location is very much up to the standards that I have come to expect. The evening meal was on time and quite tasty and filling. This night they served Chicken Cordon Bleu, vegetable medley, rice pilaf, salad and rolls. Tea and lemonade as well as both a red and white wine were also available. I love the “home” setting of the Homewood brand and I can’t say much more. Upon reviewing the receipt placed under my door I found everything to be in order. The business center was straight forward. I printed documents I had prepared on my laptop. I’d like to single out their night auditor. When I came downstairs early to use the business center we struck-up a conversation. He was very knowledgeable and just as friendly and helpful as anyone could ever ask for. The breakfast provided was also quite tasty and filling. I enjoy staying at Homewood Suites because of the value and convenience of having two meals included in the rate on business evenings. I rate this hotel as a “very good.”

Dear Keithw999,
THANK YOU! We truly appreciate your taking the time to share this wonderful comments about our Homewood Suites - Tallahassee. We are so excited you enjoyed your stay and look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home. Please feel free to contact me should you need any assistance with future reservations.
Ashley Schneider-General Manager
NC
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. Particular liked the night staff and the basketball court! Breakfast was OK, but worked well for us since we were there for a Lacrosse tournament. Very accommodating to a large group of teen athletes.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Gaucho27,
THANK YOU! We truly appreciate your taking the time to share this wonderful comments about our Homewood Suites - Tallahassee. We are so glad to know you and your group of lacrosse players enjoyed your visit with us! We realize our sports groups have “extra” needs and we do everything possible to make sure our large groups have everything they need. I did notice you shared “breakfast was ok”, so please know we welcome any recommendations you might have to improve our breakfast service. I look forward to meeting you personally when you next visit your new home away from home! Pleasant travels! Ashley Schneider, General Manager, 850-402-9400
Jacksonville, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Went with a group of youth, which we have done for 10 years. We [blacks]were threatened with eviction from Hotel by Manager and assistant manager, insisting on a meeting with the group leaders, when several white children were kicking the entrance door to hotel and running up and down stairs and nothing was said to them. They had to see because they were at the front desk which can see all arriving and departing from lobbby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Good Morning Minnie C

Thank you! I appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Please allow me to offer an explanation for your consideration. Lauren’s response was not intended to be an avoidance of addressing issues you had shared. Lauren was simply attempting to respond in a timely manner to your concerns related to the “cleanliness” topics you had shared. Lauren was not involved in communications that were already in process with Reverend Anderson. You and your fellow delegates from the Church of God In Christ are most definitely valued guests!

Soon after the Church of God In Christ group departed, we opened a dialogue with Reverend Karl Anderson to accomplish three goals. We wished to express our sincerest apologies, we wished to request his assistance to identify situations that were encountered so we may address our mistakes and initiate actions to prevent such mistakes in the future, and to work together to develop a full and complete resolution that Reverend Anderson, your Bishop, and the delegates of the church group believe to be appropriate. With Reverend Anderson’s assistance, we believe we have accomplished these goals.

On behalf of all Associates on our Team here at the Homewood Suites, I would like to offer our sincerest apologies to you, Reverend Anderson, your Bishop, and your fellow Church of God In Christ delegates. We trust you will believe we have acted in good faith and responded appropriately to all concerns you have shared with us.

Best regards,

Ashley Schneider, General Manager
Vero Beach, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Alcohol available during evening reception was not monitored very well. My 20 year old noticed. The pool was nice and relaxing. I do like the way Homewood Suites makes kitchen amenities available in all their rooms.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Steve F, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. I can assure you that all our employees serving the dinner and alcohol are trained and certified with the alcohol TIP's (Training for Intervention Procedures) program. We are so glad you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and look forward to your next stay.

Utica, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Complementary delicious breakfast and the dinners for that money conscious traveler is a must along with the great restful sleep you will have. Hotel staff are very accommodating and located in the heart of Tallahassee. Close to interstate and yet far enough off the Appalachee Pkwy so that you have a quiet place to relax and unwind. Remember Just Do It.

Room Tip: Best rooms in back of Hotel and a King Suite a must.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Robert G, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We truly love the wonderful comments from you and look forward to the next time you visit your home away from home. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time your travels bring you to Tallahassee.

Saint Helena Island, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Have always enjoyed the welcome home feeling at this VERY friendly hotel as the staff has always made this a very special stay, yet regretfully, this time the large quantity of guest have made it a challenge to feel at home at Homewood Suites. It's a shame that that large groups of guest can upset the experiences of diamond Hilton honors members visits.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Svescape, thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. I would like apologize for the other guest's in the hotel. I am so glad you are able to call our Homewood Suites your home. Please contact me the next you visit Tallahassee so I can personally make your reservations.