“Passing through”

Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Ranked #7 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way out to a family vacation and on our way home. The staff was very friendly both times. The room on our first stop was great and the breakfast was very tasty. The room was not stocked properly on our second visit but it was mainly small things and the staff corrected the situation when notified. I would certainly stay here if we ever pass this way again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Hello Jrgold74, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy to see you will stay with us should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee. We are so sorry the room was not completely stocked upon your arrival. These comments are great training tools for us. Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

The room was good and breakfast was excellent. I did want to mention Crystal at front desk provided an exceptional customer experience by helping me get my room early. We arrived 5 hours early after being on road for 14 and she saw we needed a room sooner than later and made it happen. Thanks again Crystal

• Stayed: July 2014

Hello Chris B, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. I am so happy to read Kristl was able to check your room in early. We want all of our guests to feel at home here. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Let's face it--Tallahassee is sorely lacking in decent places to stay. Whether you're in town conducting business with state government or visiting your FSU student offspring, Tallahassee offers few quality choices. Most of the "mom and pop" properties are more suited to dorm and fraternity house residents whose roommates won't give them any privacy, and the large chain properties are mostly showing their age and usage. The Homewood Suites offers large suites with full kitchens, big TV's, well-lit bathrooms, free in-room WI-FI, free breakfast and dinner and free manager's receptions every weekday. The property is clean, the staff is friendly, and the location is great--10 minutes from downtown and 5 minutes from the area's largest mall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sjgatl, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are happy to see you consider us one of the better hotels in Tallahassee. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

When visiting our FSU student, this is our 'go-to' hotel. When had to stay at another hotel in the area one time and it just wasn't the same. The rooms are always fresh, clean, comfortable, free breakfast offers several choices, the staff couldn't be better - actually when we arrived for this trip - I walked into the lobby and noticed 2 familiar staff faces and said "I'm baaack" and received a welcome as if we were their family. If ever in the Tallahassee area would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

HELLO Elaine H, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites. We truly love to see your beautiful face every time you come back home. We can not wait until your next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I had a 2 nights reservation for homewood suites last week. On our way to the hotel, we had a car problem on the highway. It took the mechanic 3 hours to fix our car. When I called homewood suites I got Lauren on the phone and she was so sweet. Even though it was 8p.m, she canceled the first night without charging me. The next day, when I got to the hotel everybody was so nice and they even ask questions about our car.

My suite was clean and beautiful. The kitchen has everything that I needed.
The hotel was not far from MacLay gardens and downtown.

If I go back to Tallahassee I'll stay at this hotel.

Angie

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear SolangeK, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments. I am so happy Lauren was able to assist you with changing your reservation. Please feel free to contact me if you need any help booking your next reservation. We would love to Welcome you Home again.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Excellent service and very clean and quiet place. Great location and easy access to all of Tallahassee. Lots of food in the area and 3 miles from the Capital. FSU is about 3.2mile away FAMU is also 3.3 miles away.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank carlosg545

Hello Carlosg545, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We love to see comments like yours. Please feel free to contact me the next time you visit your new home away from home.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and recently stayed at the Homewood Suites Tallahassee with my wife and two teen boys for a college tour of FSU.

This was our first time staying at this hotel and we were not disappointed. The check in was smooth, the room (1 bedroom, 2 queen suite) very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Definitely recommend this hotel for families traveling to Tallahassee.

Room Tip: Pool view if you do not like a parking lot or field view.