“Falling apart- literally!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gainesville, United States
“Falling apart- literally!!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is so run-down and old. I can't believe Hilton would allow their name to be associated with such an awful experience...we were extremely disappointed. Our towel bar literally fell off of the wall, there weren't enough pillows, there were cracks in the shower, the room was damp and smelled bad, the pool was dirty...I could keep going, seriously.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kevin B
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
We greatly apologize for the unnecessary maintenance frustrations you experienced. Our goal is to provide quality amenities and ensure guest comfort. We are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. We hope we'll have another chance to demonstrate our true hospitality and invite you to stay with us again.

Ashley Schneider-General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was recently in Tallahassee, with my daughter who will be attending TCC this fall. We decided to stay at Homewood Suites and a great experience there the desk clerk Kristl was very helpful. I had the pleasure of speaking with her twice over phone when I book the room and in person. All the hotel staff made us feel welcome there. Kristl even provided us with a map of the town and told us about a few good places to eat and visit if we had the time. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Green Features: It was quick visit so I did not get a chance to experience all they had to offer.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sabrina G, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy to see you had a "Great Experience" and can not wait until we can welcome you home again. Congratulations to your daughter!

Lakeland, FL, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The manager's special at night usually completely satisfied my dinner needs. As a woman traveling alone, this was a very nice amenity. I did not have to drive alone searching for a place to eat after a long day at work in a strange city. I really appreciated that. The meals were excellent. Way exceeded my expectations. I would stay there again on my next trip to Tallahassee.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Hello Mary L, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so happy you felt safe and enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. Please do not hesitate at all to contact me should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee. We would love to welcome you home!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights while on business in July.

The place is easy to find, and modern looking from the outside.

I arrived late, check-in was easy, was given two bottles of water and a packet of cookies.

Got to my room, and OMG, it stank! It smelt like the trash cans from the previous occupants had not been emptied!

Room was changed easily and quickly. Replacement room was fine.

These are suites (Homewood suites right!), the one I was in had a separate living/kitchen area with a TV and a simple kitchen. The decor was very bland, typical for this kind of place.

Bedroom was spacious with a king sized bed. It was all clean and tidy. Bathroom was clean.

The stay included a breakfast which was ample, and the ladies working there were fantastic, very helpful and offering to cook eggs and so on. It was very busy, so seating could be a premium, and from memory was stopped at 10am, early when I wanted a weekend lay-in.

The good: Price, coffee with breakfast, good sized rooms, free wifi, friendly staff.

The not so good: Tired decor. busy breakfast and not enough space.

Room Tip: The wifi signal wasn't very strong, it seemed that further from the elevator, the weaker the sig...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Adriang68, THANK YOU for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites Tallahassee. We are so sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay. I have addressed all your issues with my department heads. Should your travels bring you back to Tallahassee, please contact me so I may take care of your stay personally.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Homewood Suites Tallahassee had wonderful facilities and helpful staff, I would stay here again and recommend it to friends and family coming to visit the city as well. I thought it was a great room for the price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
ashley_schneider2, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tallahassee, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear MaryannM, THANK YOU for taking the time to share your comments regarding your last stay with us. We are so happy you felt you were at home, that is our main goal here. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you visit your home away from home.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this establishment on our way to Orlando. The location of the hotel is safe and the outside landscaping is appealing. The front desk attendant was EXCEPTIONAL. Check-in was easy and breakfast was great. However, we did not find the room up to the usual Homewood standards. The carpets were worn, the couch was torn, room not cleaned properly. Unfortunately, I don't think I could stay here again. We did not ask for a change in room, so it is possible we had a really bad room. There are a couple of drive trough restaurants within a couple of minutes drive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear GoTravel18, Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences at our Homewood Suites is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in our hotel. Will you please call me so I can find out which room you were in? I do want to make this right by you.

Santee, CA, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room was not ready and had a covered-up, smokey smell when we did get in but it was clean, we were comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly. Loved the great buffet breakfast and the complementary dinners (M-Th) were a plus. I would come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Debra C, THANK YOU for taking the time to share your comments during your last stay. Your effort and time in sharing your comments surrounding your experiences at our Homewood Suites is most appreciated and something we take very seriously. Please accept my sincere apologies for any aggravation or inconvenience you may have experienced during your last visit in our hotel. Please contact me the next time your travels bring you back to Tallahassee and I will personally make sure your suite is ready.