“FILTHY AND ROACHES AND BED BUGS!!! RUDE STAFF!! STAY AWAY!!!”

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed at this Red Roof inn for one night back on the 27th of Dec. I had a business meeting. I came back to the property at appox 9pm. When I went into the bathroom I seen what looked like dried up urine on the back og the toliet bowl and stains on in the shower. I also noticed that the towels had a greyesh tint. The surface of the work desk had a sticky film on it like something had been spilled and was never cleaned by housekeeping. There was old food droppings in the corners of the floor. I pulled the sheets back on the bed and there was pieces of black hair all over also it was a non smoking room and the comforter had burn holes all over it. So I got a cover out of my vehicle and put it at the foot of the bed a few min later I felt something crawling on me it was a roach, I also noticed 2 roachs crawling out of the ac unit. I attempted to call the front desk and got no answer. Also the wi-fi was not working something I was not told at check in. The next morning I notifed the girl at the front desk about the room. She was rude and said someone was just in that room and we had not got any complaints. It looked like the housekeepers just pulled the covers back on the bed and put towels in the room and took out the trash and that was it. She refushed to give me any discount on my room or refund my money as Red Roof has a 100% customer satisfaction, however they dont stand behind it. Bottom line is if you want a clean room stay away from this Red Roof. This Red Roof Inn gives them all a bad name. Rude Staff and Filthy Rooms with roaches and bed bugs. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Chris G
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear Guest,

These are not Red Roof Inn standards, and more importantly are not my standards. I have addressed these issues with my team here. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory experience here.

I want to assure you we take the report of bed bugs very seriously and upon notification the room was placed out of service immediately. It was then inspected by our trained team member, was again inspected by our pest control representative with Ecolab, and a member of the Florida Department of Professional and Business Regulation provides quarterly inspections of all hotel properties in Florida. A representative from Professional and Business Regulation was here last week for the first quarter inspection and we have passed that inspection. No evidence of bed bugs were found so the room is now back in service.

Also rest assured we DO indeed back our 100 % Guest Satisfaction commitment and have already mailed out to you full compensation, which you should have by now received, for your disatisfaction in a pass good for one free night's stay at any Red Roof Inn of your choice.

I would like to welcome you back to our inn next time you are in the area and require lodging to show you what truly exceptional service we have to offer! We wish you safe travels and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Lori Brown
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Wow..even this late in the year this place is plush and gorgeous! Staff is helpful and in the Christmas spirit, that put a smile on my face as it was infectious! Thanks for a great nights rest, quietest rooms I've been in; nice solid walls. Clean and affordable, my kind of place!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments! I will share these with my team immediately. These are wonderful motivation for my staff and myself to impress our guests and keep the outstanding customer service flowing. I am thrilled you had an exceptional stay here and we look forward to "Wow-ing" you again! We wish you safe travels and look forward to your return!

Kindest Regards,

Lori Brown
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband and I needed a place to sleep for 1 night on our way to Orlando. My only criteria were that it be clean, safe, and cheap. It was safe and cheap. Clean? At first it appeared to be. This morning I found a water bug friend on the wall. The front desk staff were very nice and it is right next to the interstate and cracker barrel which is a great location. If you are looking for a restful sleep, do not choose this hotel. As my husband put it "I feel like I was in a bar fight but all I did was sleep." The beds are hard as rocks and the comforter is the thinnest I have ever seen. I woke up every hour due to pain and being very cold! I won't be staying there again and I don't suggest others stay there either.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank traveldiva004
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Stayed at this hotel to attend FSU graduation. Before even reaching Tallahassee, we had issues with the hotel clerk who was confused about checking in my son. In the interim she cancelled my room which was booked as a superior king and put us in a very inferior room. Upon opening the door you literally fall in the bed. Also there was a very distinct moldy odor to the room. There is no iron, coffee pot or any amenities you would expect in any hotel room, not even a pen or pad of paper to write on. Also noticed roaches in the room especially around the door and window area. When we checked in we were charged for the superior room so when we checked out I questioned the manager who was working why we were charged for a superior room when we clearly were not in anything resembling superior. She was very nice and gave us a discounted rate and was very apologetic for the troubles we had and a bad experience at this hotel. I do not recommend anybody staying at this hotel. This whol property is in need of updating especially the rooms and the carpet especially.

Room Tip: No good tips to suggest
2  Thank Jan P
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Unbelievably dirty! The first room we were given had a non functioning air conditioner that had been replaced by a portable one! Just sitting there in the middle of the floor. Apparently the original A/C unit had sprung a leak because the room reeked of mold. I asked for and was given another room with dual beds. It was almost livable. The customer service is par for the course. No one was going above and beyond but no one was rude or impolite. It certainly didn't make up for the state of the rooms.

Someone there ran a fraudulent charge on my card! No one mentioned a hold and there certainly aren't any 'incidentals' at a place like this. I called the hotel before reporting this charge to my bank and there was only one person on staff (or so I was told) and she said she did not see a second charge on my card although it was clearly posted to my account. When I did contact my bank they told me the second charge had been keyed in manually! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! If you're used to safety and clean linen you'd be better off in your own car. You'll be sorry for spending one night or dime at this Red Roof Inn.

Trust your gut instinct and if you see the condition of the rooms you'll know exactly what I mean. The best thing about this place is it's proximity to the interstate because spending a night here will make you want to put Tallahassee in your rear view mirror.

Room Tip: In Tallahassee look for Hotel Duval or the Residence Inn
1  Thank Leonard R
Reviewed 11 December 2011

For the price, this was a very satisfactory property. I paid a couple dollars more for the "superior" room which, actually, provided what many properties offer as standard (such as coffeemaker in the room, microwave, 'fridge, blow dryer, etc.) but, still, the price was low enough to consider it a bargain. The front office clerks were pleasant, the room was very, very clean, and the walls were thick enough to keep out noise from other rooms to the sides and above. There is no breakfast available, but for those of us who don't require it, this was not a problem.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Nice motel, ideal location. Walk around corner to Cracker Barrel, other restaurants within driving distance very close as well as nearby Walmart. Location was close to FSU which was purpose of our visit. Staff was very helpful when I had to make a change to reservation. Would recommend for a nice clean place to stay. Free wi-fi in room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family