All reviewscracker barrelfront deskroom was cleangreat customer servicewould stay againroad tripnew orleansstayed one nightclarencemotelredroofinterstatecleanlinessmicrowaveinnsfsu
Reviewed 21 August 2012

By the reviews here you would think that this was a great place to stay... I really don't know who wrote those.. anyway.. The rooms are dirty not vacuumed, dirty tub, damp sheets and carpet..the a/c is loud and it is either freezing or hot...no inbetween. The only reason I stayed here was because I had my two little dogs with me... i would never stay here again. I could not even take a shower as I didn't feel comfortable enough... slept in my clothes and left first thing in the morning.. It was terrible here. never again..

Room Tip: If you like dampness you will love it here...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I greatly appreciate your feedback and wish to extend my sincerest apologies for your unpleasant stay. My staff and myself care very much about our inn and welcome any feedback so that we can address issues, correct them, and better our guest's experiences. I will address the houskeeping issue and immediately with my staff and have the air conditioning inspected for proper performance as this is vital under such humid weather conditions we have here in Tallahassee throughout the summers.

For any future stays at our inn or at others please feel free to contact the front desk immediately if you find anything to be unsatisfactory as we are here to make each stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible and will remedy any issue to our guest's satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback and patronage and hope to see you again in the future. We wish you all the best and safe travels!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was driving through Florida and looking for a rest area to catch a few hours of sleep, but instead I saw a huge billboard advertising rooms at this hotel for $40. For that price I thought why not? Overall I'll say it was worth 40 bucks, but not much more than that. My room was pretty worn looking, but pretty clean. The bed was also very clean which is the most important part of the stay to me. The AC was very loud, but it did keep the room cool. The TV worked well and the free internet was nice. I didn't see any bugs, but if i had I wouldn't have been too surprised. What more can I say... for a few hours of sleep and a shower at $40 it gave me what I had hoped for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback we greatly appreciate your time and consideration. I am glad you found your stay both acceptable and comfortable; we appreciate your business! We look forward to seeing you again and wish you safe travels!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2012

When I tell you that I am the LAST guy to book a room at a Red Roof Inn, I'm not kidding! Had a bad experience about 10 years ago and I decided I'd rather sleep in the car than another Red Roof Inn. When looking for a hotel for my daughter's graduation from FSU in April, my wife decided she couldn't pass up the price at this hotel. Told her "Enjoy it, I'll be in the car!" Well, kicking and screaming, she dragged me into the room. Stuck my head inside the room, looked around, and immediately ran out the door! I had to check the hotel sign to make sure I was in the right hotel! HOLY COW! She told me the rooms had been upgraded and she wasn't kidding. Neat, clean and very inviting . Great beds, nice workstation, fast internet, nice shower with good pressure and a quiet atmosphere make this hotel a good value for the money. The only down side is the fact that this hotel is a little further away from FSU's campus than most hotels, but the lower price reflects that. This was a nice hotel, and we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Doug910
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear guest,

WOW!! What an outstanding review we thank you so very much!! I am thrilled we were able to "wow" you! I will make sure to pass this along to the team here as this is great motivation to keep our skills sharp and customer service excellent. We look forward to seeing you again and wish you and your family safe travels!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

As most older hotels, this one could use some updating in the bathroom but over all it was a pleasant stay. Mostly updated, quiet, staff was ok and the place was clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

First impressions walking in the front, Clarence was professional, and set the mood for a smooth check-in to an ultraclean, sweet smelling double bed room with thick thirsty towels. TV's big enough to see. We booked a standard discounted room, so I strolled into the front office to get my hot water for tea, morning coffee
(Good) and next around the other end for ice.

• Stayed: June 2012
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear guest,

WOW! Thank you for your fantastic comments; we greatly appreciate this glowing review! I am happy you found our inn to be satisfactory, serene, and the staff professional and courteous. We work very hard on outstanding customer service here and it's wonderful and encouraging to hear it is noticed by our patrons. We look forward to seeing you again, we wish you safe travels!