All reviews cracker barrel front desk room was clean great customer service would stay again road trip new orleans stayed one night clarence motel redroof interstate cleanliness microwave inns fsu
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My husband and myself came to watch a Florida state and Clemson foot ball game and this hotel, I will never stay in again. First we got there at 1:00 a.m. and checked out at 11:00a.m. and they still charged us full price which was 157.00. Second our room smelled horrible, it was a musty smell. Third when we walked on the floor it was wet feeling and when i put my flip flops on my feet were sticky and when we got in the shower the the shower had our foot prints on it because the floor was sooooooooo dirty, I had to put towels down on the floor so my feet would not feel nasty. Forth, when we woke up we felt so sticky and dirty it was discusting, finally when we checked out they charged me twice when we only stayed one nite and at that a late check in, so my card was over drafted and I could not shop. THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN AND I HOPE THAT THE PEOPLE WHO WORK HERE READ THIS. SO DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL HORRIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: never stay at this hotel, i know i won't
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Brandy J.,

I sincerely apologize for the issues you have experienced at our inn and wish to invite you to contact me directly so that we may discuss these items and I may address them appropriately with the staff. I look forward to hearing from you soon and wish you safe travels.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Ok, the room was small, had a odor, otherwise it was good. No breakfast, Cracker Barrel next store. No hair dryer. Found dirt used wash cloth in the shower. Would only recommend staying here for a stop while traveling, not for more then one night. We stayed here because we had a coupon from a book you pick up at the Florida Visitor Centre, and saved a few bucks. Otherwise look for something a little nicer.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2012

Dear Paule E,

I sincerely apologize for our oversight of the wash cloth not being removed prior to a new guest arrival. I will address this issue with housekeeping immediately. We do have hair dryers and irons both available at the front office upon request. If you should need anything during your stay, including the mentioned items, at any Red Roof Inn please alert the office by dialing "0" and we would be happy to assist you!

We hope that you will give us a better opportunity to serve you if you are in the area again and require lodging. We wish you safe travels!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I have traveled across the continental United States, and I have stayed in a number of hotels, varying in price, size, and location. At this Tallahassee Red Roof Inn, I expected an inexpensive but clean room with towels and a working air conditioner. That, I did not get. First of all, I reserved a king bed room, but the person at the front desk assigned me a double bed room instead. The person had charged my reservation credit card without my consent prior to check in. The first room we were given was at the rear of the hotel, next to people staying in a room who had laundry out to dry on the railing and it appeared as if they lived there. My room smelled terrible - terrible, just honestly shocking. I searched for a source of the smell. I turned on the air conditioner to see whether it would help drive away the smell. The air conditioner didn't work; the smell was unbearable. So we were assigned a new room, which was at the front of the hotel near the front desk. That room still smelled bad, like mildew and mold. This would be a potential hazard for a person with allergies, even slight allergies. But the air conditioner worked. The bed was covered by very thin linens that appeared to have dirt streaks on them. The bathroom was not cleaned. There were obvious pubic hairs on the bathtub and on the floor. There were no towels in the room at all, so we had to call the front desk for some. When the towels were delivered, they were very small and thin. The light over the bathroom sink didn't work, and there was no lock on the bathroom door. The deadbolt on our door didn't work. We slept with out clothes on because the room was clearly uncleaned and disgusting, and we left as soon as we could.

I paid $50 for this hotel room. I paid the exact same amount for a La Quinta Inn the next night, and had an amazing experience, with a room that looked and smelled clean, a comfortable bed, and plenty of towels. That's all I wanted. I will never, never stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

Room Tip: Please - stay at any other hotel. This hotel is not worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Elizabeth,

Upon relay of your multiple issues from the front desk to me I had your account credited in full, but unfortunately your phone number was not left for contacting you directly. There is no excuse for these issues and I would like to personally and sincerely apologize to you for these unacceptable problems; the staff in whole was immediately addressed upon this report to me.

If I can help you in any way please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 850-385-7884.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

By the reviews here you would think that this was a great place to stay... I really don't know who wrote those.. anyway.. The rooms are dirty not vacuumed, dirty tub, damp sheets and carpet..the a/c is loud and it is either freezing or hot...no inbetween. The only reason I stayed here was because I had my two little dogs with me... i would never stay here again. I could not even take a shower as I didn't feel comfortable enough... slept in my clothes and left first thing in the morning.. It was terrible here. never again..

Room Tip: If you like dampness you will love it here...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Dear Guest,

I greatly appreciate your feedback and wish to extend my sincerest apologies for your unpleasant stay. My staff and myself care very much about our inn and welcome any feedback so that we can address issues, correct them, and better our guest's experiences. I will address the houskeeping issue and immediately with my staff and have the air conditioning inspected for proper performance as this is vital under such humid weather conditions we have here in Tallahassee throughout the summers.

For any future stays at our inn or at others please feel free to contact the front desk immediately if you find anything to be unsatisfactory as we are here to make each stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible and will remedy any issue to our guest's satisfaction. We appreciate your feedback and patronage and hope to see you again in the future. We wish you all the best and safe travels!

Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was driving through Florida and looking for a rest area to catch a few hours of sleep, but instead I saw a huge billboard advertising rooms at this hotel for $40. For that price I thought why not? Overall I'll say it was worth 40 bucks, but not much more than that. My room was pretty worn looking, but pretty clean. The bed was also very clean which is the most important part of the stay to me. The AC was very loud, but it did keep the room cool. The TV worked well and the free internet was nice. I didn't see any bugs, but if i had I wouldn't have been too surprised. What more can I say... for a few hours of sleep and a shower at $40 it gave me what I had hoped for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback we greatly appreciate your time and consideration. I am glad you found your stay both acceptable and comfortable; we appreciate your business! We look forward to seeing you again and wish you safe travels!