“Warned”

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Ranked #16 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel is filthy. First found a roach someone smashed with the unopened tissues..the ceiling covered in grime and dust. Went to take a shower and no towels or wash cloths .So I called the front desk to bring me some they said I have to go get them, so I get dressed go up there to get my towels. I walked in with no shoes (was just trying to shower) and one of the maids said dont come here with no shoes ..I was like put towels in the room and I won't. Rude people and filthy room will never stay here again. Disappointed to say the least.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Clarence at the front office was great - helped me find a place to park (have a trailer). The remote for the TV was dead, one call to Clarence and he was at the door with a replacement, and waited to make sure it worked.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed here last night after a long day of travelling. Greeted nicely. Dropped our bags off and went to get something to eat. Came back around 9pm. Really tired. Noticed a musty smell in the room. Was hard on the nose. Looked around only to find the roof in the main area had a lot of mould on it and wet patches.The bathroom was worse. Small cockroaches visible so a definite problem there. We found we were unable to sleep due to the strong smell of mould in the room. a definite health issue!! Upon departure I mentioned my concerns to reception and she was ever so apologetic. I asked that management be advised.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank carolin b
Reviewed 6 September 2013

When we seen the rooms on the internet we though they will be nice and clean, but when we opened the door they were nothing like on the internet site! Room smelled badly of Mould and the sheets smelled of it too, i couldnt even sleep smelling mould all night! Cockroached everywhere, toilet bowl had brown ring around it, dirty & wet carpets i had to wear jandals all the time cause it was so disgusting, stains everywhere! Its just filthy overall! I will not recommend this motel to ANYONE!!! Managers need to update that motel pronto! Worst stay ever!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This property was recently taken over by Indian ownership. I have stayed here numerous times in the past, but will find a new place to rest my head on future trips. Have noticed an increase in shady clientele (hookers, drug dealers). Rooms aren't as clean as they use to be either (hair in sheets, roaches). They no longer have to meet corporate standards since they are privately owned now. Sorry to know most of the front desk staff is leaving.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank R D
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed in this Red Roof Inn because they allow Pets for free. My father takes his dog with him everywhere. When we got in the room, it was okay, but the floor/carpet was damp. The ceiling was peeling. There was mold in the bathroom behind the door on the door and trim. The beds were not comfortable as you could feel the springs in the bed. It is not a horrible place, but the Red Roof Inns that I have stayed in recently were much better than this one. At least all of the outlets worked and the refrigerator, etc. But I was very disappointed in the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I moved my son into FSU and stayed overnight. I had my dog with me, and pets stay for free so it was a functional option. The room was clean, the bathroom was ok, but there were a few Unpopped popcorn kernels on the bathroom floor. The soap dish in the shower had a bunch of black hair on it. Some mold in the shower....The towels are rough... But for $45 a night, I got a comfortable bed and a place for the dog. I wouLd only stay there again if I had to take my pet.otherwise, I wouldn't bother. FYI- the room didnt smell like animals, so that was a good thing. Also, it was quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family