“Never Recommend!”

Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Ruskin
“Never Recommend!”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

The hotel was VERY outdated and unclean. Non Smoking room had a cigarette butt on the headrest. Smells very old and not much lighting in the room. If the value of the hotel was $10 or $15/night the price would be appropriate. Driving up in itself gives a depressing feeling. The front desk person had a super nasty attitude. For $5 more we got a hotel down the street that was 100% nicer.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ROBWILLANTH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here to visit our Son at FSU, and the rooms are super clean, and the beds are comfortable. It's in a great location up on a hill, and there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right behind the hotel! The staff are super friendly, and helpful. The only downside is there is no pool, and no free breakfast, and only certain rooms have coffee makers in them. Also, there was no free wi-fi when we arrived, yet it was advertised on their website. The manager said they were renovating, and that wi-fi would be available soon, so call first to see if the wi-fi is available yet if you want to have it in your room.
Overall, a good place to stay, and the rooms are alot cleaner than most hotels we have been in.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jill I
Fremont, California
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My mom & I began making our way from Orlando FL to Fremont CA on Feb 23rd.
Our first stop was at this Red Roof Inn.

The manager was very nice and always smiles. The Inn was under construction at the time but still pleasant. Our renovated room had brand new hard wood floors and the entire room was clean.

The only problem occurred was when my mom took her shower the water faucet flew off during the middle of her shower. She was able to get the water turned off, but when we called the front desk, the phone had a lot of static, which frustrated my mom. I went to the front desk and the manager had the on site maintenance man fix this issue. The manager also said she would take something off our bill. We thought that was nice.

The next morning when we checked out, we found that our bill was not adjusted, but increased by $5 because of the fridge we didn't really ask for. The new attendant wasn't authorized to make any adjustments for the maintenance issue, but did reverse the $5 for fridge.
Also they had no coffee or tea.

I'm certain that once all the renovations are complete, this Red Roof will be a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: no kids activities or swimming pool. It wasn't terrible, just didn't have it.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tpcchefnet
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have tried to contact management about this and no return call so here we go. I stayed here twice in past 2 months and they do not have wifi nor have they it seems for months. They falsely advertise and do not inform you on reservation nor are they willing to compensate. Front staff are friendly with hands tied, I blame management. I would find someplace that cares enough to either change there advertising or get some wifi or compensate those who chose hotel based on that offering.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I made a reservation 28 days ago, two days in advance of my trip, and specifically asked if a room would be available at 1:30pm. I was told yes. When I arrived two days later at 1:30, I was told a room would not be available for two hours. I asked them to cancel my reservation as I would find another hotel, which I did. He still charged me. I called him on 2/3/14 to request a refund and was told my card would be credited. I called two weeks later and was told the same thing. I called again today and they took my card information again saying they needed it to refund me (I don't know why I wasn't told this on Feb 3rd). I gave them my card and now they have charged me again. I told them they have until tomorrow to give every penny back or I would be reporting them for fraudulent charges. Be wary of this "new management" as they obviously have no idea what they are doing or they are stealing on purpose thinking people will give up when it becomes too much hassle.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

They are doing some nice visual updating/painting in the rooms. It looked very nice and was clean. There's no road noise since they are up on a cliff above Highway 10, at least not in the back area I was in. Reception was clean and nice, so they are improving. Bad - Still no internet. There was no refrigerator in my room, though there are in others, apparently. There's a new fan/air-conditioner, but the heat, though it works very well, makes tapping or ticking noises while it runs. There were some noisy people staying there that night, and an employee walk through the back around midnight -2am might discourage that. Also, please drop that safe fee thing on the rooms. I never even saw a safe and wouldn't be using it over night.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask about room amenities. Wide variety, and remember to make sure they take the safe fe...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We needed a place just to stop in for four hours. So our plan was to sleep here and run out quick.

The hotel was sold out because of a dog show. The lobby is a mess. The smell in the room was awful. There were blood stains on the AC unit and the dresser. I cleaned the room myself with the Lysol wipes I had. There were burn holes on the sheets. This newly remodeled room had a cracked toilet. TV reception was terrible. The WiFi does not work in this hotel period. The ice machine was broken. The stairways are rotted out.
I did not complain because we did not want to look for another hotel at midnight. We toughed it out and left at 5am.
I filled out the survey Mr Patel wrote me back as said he was sorry. This will be my only stay at Red Roof Inns.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family