“Feels just like at home”

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University
Ranked #25 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Eric and Amber gave me total customer service. Friendly environment beautiful. 5 stars. I will now only stay at Red Roof Inn of Tallahassee Florida. Beautiful spacious rooms, nice king size beds. I love it

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ebony L

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This place had the lowest rates around, that we saw. When we went in, we were greeted by a very friendly Clarence. He was very polite and helpful. Both thumbs up, he was a memorable part of our stay for his good nature. The room itself was very nice. Hardwood floors, nice bed, flat screen. Everything was tidy and nice. If we are ever on the road and need a place to sleep,we will definitely head back! Also, in case you read this Clarence, the honeymooners are wishing you the best.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jeremy C
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in (close), but is by far the worst Red Roof Inn I've ever stayed in.

There is an outlet that is just a bare hole in the wall, a giant pile of old mattresses laying in the parking lot, soaking up water and then stinking in the Florida sun, and bags of trash in the walkways. There was low quality coffee in the morning in the "lobby", with no milk or cream. Also, this is one of the Red Roof Inn's without a continental breakfast, so don't expect even a cheap pre packaged danish.

You get what you pay for, I will be going across the street to La Quinta again next time.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Perhaps the worst hotel in which I've stayed. Upon entry there was a terrible oder. This hotel has not been renovated or updated in a while or perhaps ever. Bathroom fixtures were chipped and dirty. There is no carpeting and the floors were very dirty; we had to wear shoes to walk about, even in the bath area. I checked out but was charged for the entire stay so beware.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. The Best Western Plus is nearby, newly renovated and a good value.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ginny20
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Terrific stop over on our way to Orlando. The gentleman that greeted us at reception could not have been more friendly and continued his outstanding service for the next 2 days remembering our names and continually greeting us every time we crossed paths. My only regret is we never got his name to publicly thank him, but thank you. The rooms were great in size and seemed recently refurbished with all amenities in them that you would need including tv, wifi (even though it was dropping out a lot), microwave and fridge.They have coffee and hot water available in reception 24/7 problem was it was always cold when we got some. Overall a good experience that does not burn the pockets.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel ALOT. Most of the time I want a cheap, clean, dark room to sleep in and do a little work on the computer, make some phone calls. I've stayed at this Red Roof Inn three times. We will drive two extra hours if need be, so we can sleep here instead of risking another chain. The rooms have been redecorated with wood flooring, the bed was very clean and comfy. If there is a down side for some it might be that the rooms are smallish so if you were gonna stay for a week and hang out it might get cramped but if you are just passing through and need a place to sleep, this is it! Thank you Red Roof Inn!!! Don't ever change!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Karenchisholm
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room & bathroom VERY clean! Internet and cable worked w/ no problems. Arrived in a storm reason for stopping...gentleman that checked me in @ 1am, let me know the phone lines were out due to storm. I mentioned that I would have liked a "wake up call" yet that would not be possible. Guy states: What time would you like to be awaken...I said 7am...Guy at front desk: No problem, I will knock on your door...What really?!? You are willing to walk in rain to get me up? Yes, I am...that IS a step above the rest. Woman at front desk check out, sorry to say does NOT have the same wonderful attitude as my check in man. Just over look her is my suggestion.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends