“Great stay & would highly recommend”

Red Roof Inn Tallahassee
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Great stay & would highly recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed here on a business trip. It was great! I got upgraded to a king bedroom at no extra charge and was able to extend my stay as needed. Since I was going around the national forest everyday, my room would get a bit messy. But, I came back to a very clean room everyday. The only issue I had was that my room was missing a shower curtain. As soon as I informed the front desk they were able to get me one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Needing pet friendly facilities I am usually willing to over look some items. However being blatantly lied to is not one of them. We called 1-800-red roof and reserved a room. Needing 2 beds and 1st floor if possible we then called the hotel direct. The lady my wife spoke to informed us the hotel had no 1st floor room with anything but king size single beds, not non available but has none. We accepted this (I am handicapped) and confirmed a reservation. Upon arrival my wife went in and 10 minutes later returned stating we were on the first floor. Sure enough we got a room with two double beds on the first floor, because the girl saw my wife's coroner badge and was impressed. This being said I will not overlook the other items we in countered. Air condition unit never cooled below 80 in the room. No remote in room. Water did not drain in shower.

Again I am willing to over look certain things needing a pet friendly hotel but this is not one of them. Do not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again. At least not until Red Roof looks into and corrects the staffing issues. Maintenance on A/C and drain would be nice also, but being lied to is not acceptable!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Chief00001
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I always use Red Roof Inn at Tallahassee, Florida when I travel. They accommodate my pets and the rooms are fabulous since they have newly renovated them. Clarence at the front desk is always so welcoming and always make sure that I have all I need. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. They have new rooms, and it is so beautiful. My room was set up with everything I needed and Clarence assisted me in connecting to the free Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: No pet deposit... Free pets... Pet friendly
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Renee P
Vernon, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived in Tallahassee a day early and the hotel we had reservations at for the next day was booked. It was 1 am and since it was graduation week, most places were booked. Red Roof Inn only had one queen smoking room available. As non smokers we did not want a smoking room but there was nothing else available. I went to check the room out, it didn't smell too heavily of cigarettes and the beds were clean so we took the room. The AC was nice and cool and we went to sleep immediately. Upon waking up and using the bathroom we were quite surprised to find blood splattered on the shower curtain as well assume on the floor and shower wall. The phone was gross. There was a hole in the wall and it looked like someone beat the front door. There was also quite a bit of mold in the bathroom area. Couldn't wait to get out of there!! There are also a lot of shady characters hanging out on the hotel property and we didn't feel comfortable walking around there so late at night. One more thing, there were not enough towels in the room, when we asked for more, they said they didn't have any and would check in storage. They never brought any and we used a floor mat as a towel and had to share!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rosanafamily
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
We really appreciate your feedback and we will work harder at resolving these concerns so that future guest don't have issues. We are renovating the property from the outside as well and hope you like the appearance during your next visit. We value all our guest and will address these issues and hope you consider us in the near future.
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel clerk Clarence was great. The room was nice and clean. The thing I didn't like was there was no refrigerator, microwave, iron nor ironing board. When I book rooms those are key to me. I've stayed at Red Roof inns before and they've always have had those amenities.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank monee04
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, I am glad you liked the room and we will most definitely work on getting the other amenities in the rooms. We hope to see you again soon on your next travel plans.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Cost $105 for one night. Because it was an "event" weekend which consisted of some school's graduation which I thought was ridiculous. Also the room was dirty looking, there were a few brown spots on the walls and everything just felt dirty.

Room Tip: Avoid this Red Roof Inn location.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
RRI120, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tallahassee, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I would like to thank you for choosing out hotel in Tallahassee during graduation weekend we hope you enjoyed the renovations to the rooms and will continue to the improve the property in the future. We truly hope to see you again at another event in Tallahassee.
Kapolei, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Charged us $104 for the night for a hotel room that was amazingly low quality. Front desk staff was friendly enough. Cited two graduations and a wedding for reason they were charging what they charged. This room should have been around $50 or so, but charging over a hundred? The only amenity in the room was a tv. No fridge. The room quality I wouldn't have minded if they weren't jacking their prices up for what they called event weekend.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn and we hope you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and we really appreciate your feedback and will continue to work hard to ensure that every guest has the best value for the best price.