“Clean, Simple, Quiet, Great Price”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Clean, Simple, Quiet, Great Price”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

After a long drive a nice simple inexpensive hotel to spend the night. The hotel is close to the freeway and nearby restaurants. Room was clean and bed comfortable with good pillows and linens. Internet worked fine.

Great hotel for buinessmen on their own budget or as a stop on a cross country trip.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Hotel was very easy to get to. Park in front of rooms. We had a great stay, Hotel staff very friendly and they offered a really good Breakfast,Waffle Iron, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee,tea,eggs, Hot cereal and more. Everything worked.Soda machine ,Ice machine.Rooms were average size and very clean, Had bath products in the room.While in the lobby 2 different guest came in overheard them say they also had a wonderful experience. I will go back there for sure while visiting Tally.Also microwave and fridge in room.David at front desk was really awesome, He helped with my every need. (Me) AKA Amanda

Room Tip: we were on bottom level, good for drive up.I like my car near.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Terrebonne, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2012

It was just a one night stop on our way back. We had a nice, clean and comfortable room. It is well located near the entrance of I-10 on Monroe St. But it is quiet and the traffic won't bother you.
The breakfast was OK. Excellent for one night, or if you have business there, a room at a decent rate, and still close to downtown. Staff is very helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was passing by Tallahassee and decided to stop at Quality Inn, Great service and the room was so comfortable, clean. Also the hot breakfast was great way to start your day.
Front desk staff was great help and friendly.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I travel quite a bit for business and stayed here for one night in a queen room. The room was clean and met my needs. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but it wasn't like sleeping on a sheet of concrete.. I would have given more stars except there were a couple of things that bothered me. One is the number of things plugged into one outlet. A lamp, two routers which gave me excellent wireless capabilities, and who knows what else. It was hard to find a place to plug in my phone charger. One of the outlets was loose that I did find. The other thing that bugged me was the fact there was something in the bottom of the fridge. I did not investigate closely so I wasn't exactly sure what it was, however it definitely indicated that it was not cleaned on a regular basis.

Depending on your direction of travel, it is not very easy to get in and out of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Palm Bay
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Clean room, clean bath, friendly personel, adequate breakfast, weak coffee in room, no walk-in shower in handicap room (shower over tub with small grab-bar) no handicap toilet,
No-smoking pet friendly room smelled clean. Will stay again next time. Much better than some other hotels in Tally! Good value for the price.

Room Tip: Handicap room did not have walk-in shower or raised toilet, but it was ok for us. Maybe they have ro...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel after FSU's 1st home game of the season. It was a late afternoon game and so we didn't arrive until 9:30 pm. Normally, we stay in Comfort Inn Suites and have always been satisfied. Even so, I didn't expect alot staying at the cheaper Quality Inn but did expect a clean room and air conditioning that worked...neither of these were the case.
Upon arrival in the room, both my wife and I smelled a musty odor coming from the room. As we unpacked, it was obvious that water damage had occurred in the room above and the ceiling had been patch numerous time....no popcorn or paint to help hid this fact. Unfortunately, finding another hotel on a game weekend is almost impossible and so we decided to stick it out.
As we turned in for the night, we noticed that the sheets were dirty in a number of places...not good! The worst thing was laying in bed and feeling like the sheets were damp or wet due to the air conditioner not doing it's job. Again, we decided to tough it out since a ride home was more than 4 hours away.
At 6:45, we were awaked to the beeping sound heard with some appliances when the electricity goes off. Sure enough, when I tried to turn on the lights or TV neither worked. Even thought the power was eventually restored, the light in the bathroom never did work correctly...it turned off and on when it wanted to.
As day broke, I noticed the overall condition of the walls were horrible. It was apparent that the walls had not been cleaned or painted in a number of years...paint was peeling in the shower.
Finallly, as we were packing up I noticed a number of large ants in the room even though we brought NO food into the room during our short stay.
I have since cancelled the reservations I had made at this hotel for the next two weekends and will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family