“Cheap, old, clean enough, nice front desk clerk”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #44 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 30 September 2012

1 night, not hellacious, breakfast is alright. Nothing here is neither great nor terrible. Just average, but pretty daggone cheap-rm 203...did I mention old?? Lol...on our way home to Tampa definitely not going to move in...the cheapness isnt enough to get me to come back. I think if we are in tallahassee again might try another. I agree with " You Get What You Pay For..."

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have stayed at this establishment several times over the past few years. Every stay has been everything I could expect from a hotel. The room is always very large and has a desk, chair and ottoman, refrigerator and microwave and a very comfortable bed. This room is always clean and all the appliances work well. The breakfast is one of the best of all the Choice Hotels I have stayed at. I am a business traveler and stay exclusively at Choice Hotels. The internet speed is very good which enables me to complete my reports which require uploading of several hundred photos. I would Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who has a need to stay in Tallahassee. Thank you hotel staff and management for your exceptional treatment and your conscientious attitude of excellence.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We arrived late, and the desk clerk was very nice.
We were given a fair rate and sent around the side of the building to our room. At first glance, the room seemed ok.... upon further inspection I noticed stains on the carpet and bedding... The sheets were clean, but the comforter was disgusting.
The vanity area of the bathroom isnt in the bathroom, but attached to it. The vanity looked new and the sink was clean, the bathroom itself however was not. The tub was peeling badly, and there was soap scum all along the edge of the wall where the tub meets the tile. The shower had good water pressure but the shower head was so low that I had to get on my knees to rinse my hair.
The continental breakfast was ok, not great by any means... just ok. There were hot items that looked like they had been sitting out way too long, but they did have fruit and cereal which is always a safe bet.
All in all it was an ok stay, but I won't be returning.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first, check the tub
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dvdaoo
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I don't understand the positive ratings for this hotel. Stopped here for the night on my way to Orlando. When I first got there it was late and the lobby was locked, apparently they lock it due to security reasons and the staff (who was very nice) will only talk to you through what looks like a bank teller window. This did not instill a sense of safety in where we were for me and made me worry about the surroundings, although the area looked nice. When I opened the door to the room the very first thing I saw was a COCKROACH climb out from under the microwave and down the refrigerator. Luckily I was quick enough to kill it, but that was disgusting. Once I walked in to the room I noticed multiple stains on the carpet and chair in the room, I would not walk on these floors with my bare feet. I poured over my sheets which seemed to be clean, at least enough for me to sleep on for one night. The only pluses of this hotel was that the shower worked well, it was lcated right off of the highway (I-10) and the staff were nice/helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Goodservice/food/room/bulbs out/shower broke/reported.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We were greeted by a chilly receptionist, we couldn't get a smile from her, so we asked to see the room before we took it. It seemed OK so she took the payment still without a smile. The room however was perfect - very comfortable bed and pillows, fresh-smelling linen and very clean altogether. the pool seemed nice, although we didn't have time to use it.
The next morning when we went for breakfast, a different receptionist greeted us with a big friendly smile.The breakfast too was more than adequate - eggs, meat patties, etc .A great value stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandra F
Reviewed 6 May 2012

After a long drive a nice simple inexpensive hotel to spend the night. The hotel is close to the freeway and nearby restaurants. Room was clean and bed comfortable with good pillows and linens. Internet worked fine.

Great hotel for buinessmen on their own budget or as a stop on a cross country trip.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business