“Poor quality”

Ranked #43 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Houston, Texas
“Poor quality”
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

The room I was in was one of the dirtiest rooms I have ever been in. The walls, floor and bathroom were all filthy. The beds were Ok. The air conditioner smelled heavily of mold that did not go away. The staff were unresponsive because they were "to busy". The location is great the price is good but I would be willing to pay more for a nice, clean room that did not give me the creeps. The room was so dirty I would never eat the breakfast. This was reported to corporate that choose to ignore my comments. THIS Quality Inn gives the entire chain a bad name. It is nothing like the commercials so don't be fooled.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank pa s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had made reservations in advance, but decided not to stay after seeing the room and surrounding area. The entry door was marred as though someone had tried to break in multiple times. Various damage on the walls and ceiling. Room just had a beat up look to it. And there was a big 18 wheeler idling outside in the parking lot just across from the room. Looked like a place where you take a hooker for a few hours. My wife refused to stay there. We went to the Baymont instead.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Natureboy1953
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We arrived in tall. For my nieces graduation from FSU around midnight, exhausted after a very long drive. When we got in the room we noticed the shabby carpet, the cigarette holes in the sheets and the moldy smell to the room. We should have left but we were tired and had to be up and out by 7am for the graduation ceremony so we sucked it up & went to sleep. Halfway thru the night I realized the bed just wasn't large enough for me to be comfortable for the two of us. Duh.. It's a full bed and not meant for two. When we made the reservation we were clear there would be two people in each bed- they didn't say a word. The price, $100 a night (we booked for two nights) I found out later was twice the going rate for that hotel. Next morning we left early, came back around 3 pm to take a nap. When we woke up we realized everyone was having trouble breathing. I started looking around and saw mold everywhere. It was on the doors and the walls. The toilet broke too. We decided we could not stay another night and I went online & found a 3 star Marriott for $10 less. When we went to the front office to ask for a refund,,the woman was very rude and refused to help us saying we had to speak to Hotwire. We left & called Hotwire and they said the hotel had our money and they couldn't help us. Good lesson learned here, do your homework - read the reviews.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ECB823
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I must admit this hotel would not have gotten the rating I gave it on my first stay. The night clerk was not as on the ball as he could have been. I felt like it was an imposition for him to check me in. Fortunately, Sarah, the manager was on duty the next morning. There were a couple of minor issues with my room that I mentioned and she made note and said she would address them. Then she offered me some fruit and yogurt as I had missed breakfast. She totally went above and beyond. This made me stop there again the next week when I had the opportunity. This time the service was great as was the room. And this time I got breakfast. I love waffles.
Thank you Sarah for a sound night's sleep and a good morning.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Lyn A
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We checked in to room 102. As soon as we opened the door it reeked of mildew. I am highly allergic to mildew so there was no way I would live through the night if we stayed in that room. I went to the front desk, or "window" late at night, and told the front desk employee I could not stay in that room. He didn't even offer another room, seemed annoyed that I was complaining about the room and said there was nothing he could do. We left and went to the La Quinta down the street and it was 1000 times better both in quality and service. Chuck at the front desk was even kind enough to let us check out the room before paying for it. I will never stay at a Quality Inn, especially this one, ever again. I'd rather sleep in my car! Don't waste your money here...go to the La Quinta down the street!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, stay at La Quinta down the street!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FLNative1984
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

this hotel is the older type hotel with the doors open to the outside. No elevator that I could see. Rooms were clean and the beds were decent night sleep. Free breakfast had the waffles, bagels, donuts etc. Free Wifi but you have to continually re hook in to the wi-fi when you are checking e-mails etc. if you pause it flips off and you have to reconnect. for the motel to be outward facing and we were facing the highway - it was quiet inside our room - no complaint with noise from us.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irishwhiskey1
Vulcan, Michigan
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The location was very convenient,easy in and out to shopping, restaurants and the walgreens which was 24 H. The room was clean al abeit on water bottle on floor behind garbage can. excused. Fridge had a ring around where something blue had been, could have easily been cleaned. Staff was Awesome. Our stay was booked thru hotwire on the road and after recievein the confirmation email it was for the day ahead of my planned stay. hotwire cleared it all up ok , but the manager phoned my room at 1200a and informed me we wuold have to move to a single bed king room. we had three travelers. NOT acceptable. hotwire said, they have room for u. period. Day manager came on and he reversed it and allowed us two nights in same room. therefore KUDO''s to taking care of the customer. Cleaning staff very polite and request for extra towels for all night open pool swimming was granted. thats a nice feature.

Room Tip: I had a highway frontage room and had no problem with sounds or traffic.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends