“Hotel was fine, but.....”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #41 of 55 Hotels in Tallahassee
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Hotel was great as far as check-in, courteous front desk and above average breakfast. BUT--I can't say that the cleaning personnel is very honest. I left my phone charger plugged into the wall and it had to be lying on the floor. I called back the same day and was told it was not turned in. They could not have made the bed without seeing it. Shame on me for leaving it but come on, show some class

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. It's a basic hotel with everything we needed. Well priced, very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds, adequate bathroom, enough space, great wifi. The pool is nice too. Everything was very clean. We didn't get to try the complimentary breakfast. Glad we stopped here as it's a nice place!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My stay at this Quality Inn began after checking out of the Super 8 just down the road - see my review of that one.

This hotel is conveniently located just off I-10. There are other hotels sharing the same access road off Monroe Street, which also included a Burger King within walking distance.

The lobby is bright and inviting. The front desk staff was friendly. The property is well-kept and maintained. My room was in a back corner on the lower level.

My room was large and included a small table with 2-chairs next to the A/C unit - not much room there though but a nice thing to have, two nightstands, very comfortable bed with plenty of pillows, TV with a good selection of channels, standard-size sink, coffee maker and bathroom - full-size tub/shower. The room was clean and maintained. The A/C worked great. There was also an ironing board with iron and a hair dryer. The exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work, or appear to be working. The mini-fridge was really nice and had enough room to store a 2-litre bottle on its side. The mini-microwave worked good as well.

Unlike my one-night stay at the Super 8, I felt comfortable, rested and safe here. There was one panhandler I saw daily just off the property, but nothing like the other hotel I was at.

At night, there was the usual door closing by other hotel guests. This is common with the hotels I've stayed.

I did not try the morning breakfast so I cannot comment on that. But the breakfast area is nice with a lot of seating available.

Everything was at 100% satisfaction until one night.

With my room dark, except the glow of the TV, I was looking on the floor for something and noticed a light under my sink. I thought it was a reflection from something in my room so I looked around. Then I approached the sink while keeping my eye on this light. Now under the sink, I realized this light was coming from the drain pipe area. Now in shock, I saw this light was coming from the room behind mine. There was a hole, about thumb size (width and length), between the two rooms!

Two things came to mind: Was this a construction error when the rooms were renovated or repaired for something -or- was this deliberately done? The hole appeared to be part of the same hole used for the sink's drain pipe. Was it created after the sink's plumbing was installed? I don't know. Unless you are looking specifically in this area for such things, or you see light coming from this area, it is really unnoticeable. It still raises a lot of concerns, though. Past news reports of hotel room spying through etched mirrors and hidden cameras flashed in my mind. Everything was suspect at this point. Who was responsible for the holes in both rooms?

I placed a wad of toilet paper into the hole to cover it up...at least on my end.

On my last day in Tallahassee I left a note for housekeeping thanking them for a clean room (you should always thank them for doing a good job) and I mentioned the hole. My goal upon checkout was to let management know about this as well. However, I did not see a manager around. I'm hoping my note was received by hotel staff and this matter was taken care of.

Room Tip: Check for holes next to the pipes!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is an old hotel that has been somewhat updated. On the positive side the bed was comfortable and the bedding was fairly new. Breakfast was not stellar but was OK.

On the negative side, the room smelled mildewed and there was a dehumidifier sitting in the bedroom. Possibly it had flooded recently. The carpets were dirty. The air conditioner was noisy. There was some old furniture sitting in the hall for no apparent reason. The maids were insistently rapping on the door before 9am.

Overall, only an adeqaute accomodation. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I was traveling to Atlanta, Georgia from Miami and I thought Tallahassee would be a good midpoint. The night desk clerk was nice and greeted us nicely. She checked us in and as soon as I walked in the room, the smell was very nice and the bed was done nice. The bathroom could use some improving but it was clean which is all that matters. I loved how the sink was outside the toilet and bathtub area so I could brush my teeth, while someone else could go shower. The breakfast was the highlight of my stay here at this hotel. There was so much to pick from: waffles, cereal, bagels, toast, yogurt, boiled eggs, breakfast patty's. It was very clean and looked very well maintained. The manager, there names were David and Sarah were a couple who was very friendly and kept this hotel very well maintained. I would totally come here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Farrah J
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed on a business trip through town. It's old and kinda dingy. Got it real cheap on price line. Would not stay here for full price. Breakfast was hot, parking did seem secure and the area was ok. Check price line for a cheaper rate than what they offer at the desk.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zdivers
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Was traveling with ailing Auntie and needed to stop. Staff was very helpful. After getting her settled began to unload things from car to room. Started coughing, then got a headache, about an hour later lost my voice. Knew once I thought about all the symptoms that mold was in the room somewhere. Found it all over inside of bathroom door, door jam, and around tub. Used some antibacterial soap I had with me to clean because when I went to the front desk they said the cleaning staff had left for the day and nothing was available. Also, the air filter on the A/C had at least a 1/4 inch of dust and junk on it, washed it too. The next morning when I checked out again told front desk staff (without much voice still), all that was said was "oh, sorry you got sick". So if you are going to stay here, just check out your room really good before getting everything in the room!!

Room Tip: Ask to see room before accepting, check really good.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family