“Very good front desk staff”

Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #26 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Very good front desk staff”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I checked into this hotel yesterday for business stay in Tallahassee. I was greeted by Jit at the front desk. He was the best for being helpful, getting me settled and ensuring I was aware of the resources available to me in the hotel. This AM, I met Trecia who was also friendly, pleasant and eager to help and answer questions. As a matter of fact, the rest of the staff went out of their way for me. I truly have never been treated as well as I was at this hotel and I travel quite a bit. This is why the rating is so high - "Very Good". The lobby has been updated and looks nice. I didn't have a chance to eat there, but I did have a great cup of Starbucks. The drawback - the rooms are a bit dated and were clean. I am sure they will do a remodel soon as they have redesigned the lobby, etc....but that is a small negative. If the rooms had been a bit better, I would have rated it excellent. But I would definitely stay again - the location is good to get around quickly, easy to get into and out of and as I said before, the staff were the friendliest and most helpful of any hotel I have ever visited.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 31 March 2013
Dear Shell_collectr,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide feedback on the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North. I have shared this feedback with the team and am pleased that Jit and Trecia took extra great care of you during your stay. We indeed are looking forward to remodeling our guest rooms this May! I think the combination of great service and our new lobby and upcoming new guest rooms are sure to be a crowd-pleaser! Should you need to book again, please let me know and I will be happy to assist.

Yours in Hospitality!

Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed 21 March 2013

From the outside of the building you have no way of knowing just how much all of the employees care about serving you. The general manager there I think spoke to everyone ... making sure that they had everything they needed. Her tone is mirrored by the employees as well. My hat is off to Chris Okeefe and Michelle Parks for making my BAD day end so nicely. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Room 106 is very quiet.
1 Thank Will S
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear Will S,
Thank you so much for your 5 star review regarding the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North. I truly appreciate your kind words regarding our staff and the service provided. We aim to please! As I am an advocate of true Southern Hospitality, your review really hit home that this is the experience we are aiming for- one that guests wish to come back to again and again. I hope there are no "Bad" days for you, but you are always welcome back to Tallahassee for friendly smiles and exceptional service, which is sure to turn any "bad" day around!

Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Clean hotel with friendly staff. The rooms were clean. It sits right on the interstate, so avoid rooms on that side if you can, because there is traffic noise. There is an indoor pool and hot tub. Small but nice to have, especially with kids. There are plenty of places to eat close by. $200 is a little pricey. No free breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the interstate
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cameron L,

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North. I do apologize that you found the rooms noisy- but I am pleased that you and the family enjoyed our lovely indoor and ooutdoor pool and whirlpool. Please let me know the next time you visit and I will ensure you have a quiet, restful and exceptional visit!

atlanta
Reviewed 19 March 2013

There isn't anything wrong with this hotel, it's just a basic hotel that is great if all you need is a clean room for sleeping. The front desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful, I can't say enough good things about them. The hotel is well kept, the room was clean and quiet, and the location was easily accessed from I-10 or 319 and only a few minutes drive from downtown. If you are in town for a game or for business, you won't regret staying here. If you are looking for something a little newer or with some ambiance then you need to look elsewhere.

Dear luv2garden12,

I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and the room to be clean. We aim to provide exceptional service to all of our guests each and every stay. I can tell you that we are looking forward to a renovation in the next copuple of months that will update the rooms and ensure we are well-equipped for all our guests needs. We do hope to see you again as our guest when you travel to Tallahassee. Should you wish to book, please let me know so I can make sure that your stay is Outstanding!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2013

From the time we entered the front door to the time we left 3 days later we were treated with warm greetings and helpful advise throughout our stay. Carine was exceptionally helpful anticipating our requests and having the solutions immediately and correctly. The entire staff is friendly and helpful and seem to enjoy working for the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Ronald P,

Thank you for providing such wonderful feedback for our team here at the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North! I will share your review in our huddle and pass on the great accolades to Carine. We truly appreciate you chosing to stay with us and hope to see you return soon! Should you need anything, please contact me directly at the hotel and I will be happy to assist you.

Yours in Hospitality,

United States
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Never met so many friendly staff people! Everyone had a smile and a hello! Nice property, was renovated with the new Courtyard Bistro in the lobby which is fantastic. Can't complain about the room, comfy bed, pillow, sheets and towels. This is what I love about Marriott. Brand standard. You can count on your stay being great no matter where you are. I traveled from Florida to CA in 8 days, stayed at Marriott properties the whole way. Convenient location to the freeway. I had a room away from the hiway so it wasn't so noisy. I would recommend this property.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the freeway.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank cockers2luv
Dear Cockers2luv,

I am so very pleased to hear your feedback on the Courtyard by Marriott Tallahassee North. Here we strive to make each stay for our guests an exceptional experience. I will share your review with our team at our huddle! We look forward to seeing you again. Should you need anything, please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Yours in Hospitality,

Collinsville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough! From the moment you walk through the door and are greeted by Carine or one of the other employees, you will realize that this is not going to be a normal hotel stay. All of the staff will go above and beyond what is expected to make sure that you are well taken care of. There is a small Bistro located in the hotel and the food is very, very good. Even though the menu is limited, there is something for everybody and you won't go away hungry. The management of this property has done an outstanding job of putting a team together who clicks. Courtyard by Marriott could use this property as a model for training purposes!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DeAnne R
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
DeAnne R,

I am so very pleased to hear your feedback regarding the Courtyard Tallahassee North! I have shared your feedback with the team and applauded Carine for performing a great job in taking care of our guests! Hearing such lovely feedback just reminds us of why we do what we do- to take care of our guests with Service So Memorable that they wish to share it with colleagues, family and friends! Should you need anything, please contact me and I will be happy to assist!