“Did Not Like Beds/Bkfst Not Included”

Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Did Not Like Beds/Bkfst Not Included”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel based upon TA reviews. It was clean and nice with good-size rooms. Unfortunately, we find the Marriott beds to be very uncomfortable. This was no exception. That's a personal choice. If you like Marriott beds, you would love this. But I was surprised that there was no breakfast buffet. Instead they have a pretty little bistro that was NOT included in the price of the room. Our small breakfasts (oatmeal, cereal, one coffee, one 12 oz bottle of oj which was the only way to get oj) came to $15 and were not much better than the typical buffet items. I don't think hotel buffets are wonderful, but it's nice to get a quick meal before heading out again. For $15, we could have gotten a much much better meal at a Cracker Barrel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Terry F, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We regret that you did not enjoy your stay with us. At Courtyard we pride ourselves on delivering unconditional great service. Our matresses are the brand standard beds and, as you said, are the same as most all Courtyards. The Bistro is also the new standard for Courtyards thus we do not offer the buffet breakfast anymore. We hope that you will reconsider and try our other brands if you are ever in Tallahassee again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Northern Virginia, Virginia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had to stop my westward travels due to Leon (2014 Winter storm) closing down I-10. Chloee greeted me with a warm smile and great Marriott service! The hotel is clean and convenient with a terrific bistro that I will try. The room is typical Courtyard, which is well-appointed, clean, and great for a business stop! I will hit the whirlpool a little later, too....

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank R B
CYNORTHMGR M, Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 13 November 2014
Dear Michael B,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at our hotel in January 2014. Please accept our apologies for the delay in this response as we have a new management team.

We are delighted to hear that you were greeted with a warm friendly smile from our very own Chloee at the Front Desk! Let;s hope there are not too many snow storms this winter!! However if you do find yourself on I-10 near Tallahassee please come back and visit us!!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Typical marriott courtyard. Very clean modern lobby, staff was extremely professional and kind. Room was in good condition and overall really clean. Great location for me as I was just staying the night traveling West I-10 and only one minute off expressway but hotel was quiet and relaxing. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank GottaGetAway2012
Dear GottaGetAway2012,

We are very happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations and that you were very satisfied with your stay. We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service to our guests!

We hope that if your travels bring you to the Tallahassee area that you will definitely stay with us again!

Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The staff was very friendly and greeted us when we came in. We booked through Priceline and when we called they gave us double beds even though they are supposed to be assigned upon check-in (traveling with my cousin so we really appreciated this). The Bistro in the lobby had a wide ranging menu and was very delicious. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again. Only thing wrong was that our TV remote and the buttons on the side of the TV wouldn't work. To turn it off we had to unplug it, and we were stuck watching the Weather Channel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear kcrossno,

We are very happy to hear that our hotel met your expectations. We are glad that you also enjoyed our Bistro! We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service to our guests!

We do apologize for the trouble that you had with the TV remote and not being able to change channels from the buttons on the side of the TV. In the future just give a quick call to the Front Desk so we can send someone up to fix the TV for you. We wouldn't want you to miss one of your favorite TV shows!

Paris, France
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Very good location, closed to restaurants. Also easy location if you are traveling IH 10.
Very easy on and off for the freeway. Location is kept very clean and rooms are well
furnished. Staff very friendly and efficient. Has a Outback Steak House next door and
several restaurants one block away. Nice quite location for overnight stop.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank desfwillis
Dear dewTexas,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our hotel met your expectations! We love providing awesome customer service to our guests!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Nice staff. GOod location for me. Trader joe's nearby so put ktichen to use!
Pool was a big hit with the grandkids who came to visit. Food was OK and good variety.
Nacho night was great for me and my sister - a no cook night.
Outback nextdoor as well.
Location worked great and I felt at home from day one
Stayed a week and it will stay agin when I visit family nearby

Room Tip: Ask for quieter side.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear DRRCA,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay at our hotel in January 2014 and rating us 5 stars!!. Please accept our apologies for the delay in this response as we have a new management team.

We are very happy to hear that the grandchildren enjoyed the pool!! We are also happy to hear that you were pleased with the proximity of other restaurants near by.

We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service to our guests!

Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at this hotel. We are Marriott Rewards members so prefer to stay at their properties. We were traveling from Tampa to Huntsville and this was strictly an overnight stop. We checked in after 9 pm and were warmly welcomed and given a brief overview of the hotel features. The reviews regarding noise between rooms are accurate. We asked to be moved when we could hear the neighbors TV and were accommodated immediately. The new room had neighbors but no noise. So who knows if it is location based within the hotel. The bed was very comfortable. Our room had a balcony...had we been there long or during warmer weather this could have been a nice feature. The room appeared clean and had all expected amenities. However, our bathroom was not clean and upon check out we were asked not only how our stay was but "was there anything that would have made your stay even better". Great way to invite criticism without making the guest feel like they are simply complaining. When I cited the issues with the bathroom the manager apologized, promised to do something about the issue and genuinely wanted to make us feel as though he cared. Good hotel, great service.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Redheadfun,

We are very delighted to hear that our hotel met your expectations and that you were very satisfied with your stay. We take great pride in providing outstanding customer service to our guests!!

We are sorry that the bathroom cleanliness wasn't up to Courtyard standards. We appreciate when our guests tell us when things aren't up to par so that we can improve our service to you!