“Not What I Expected” 2 of 5 bubbles

Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Not What I Expected”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This review will be going against the grain of all the reviews that I saw for this hotel prior to booking. I was really, really looking forward to staying at this hotel, and after 10 hours on the road I could not wait to get out of the car and soak my bones in the hot tub, and wear the kids out in the pool.
Check in was smooth.

Then the disappointment starts.

We go to the room, get ready to go to the pool, the kids in all their floaty wearing excitement, me just thinking about that... luke warm-hot tub, and the pool with frigid water. My kids have never turned down a hotel pool, and yet here they were saying "Daddy, its too cold!". So then we decide "let's go back to the room, and the kids can take a warm shower."

Well, once I get the kids in the bath, my oldest says "Daddy, there's long black hairs in the tub!"
And, then I see it... EVERYWHERE... long black hairs, on the floor, in the tub, all over the bathroom. Did they clean the room? I tell myself they must have, the bed was made, clean towels, etc. Then I start to look everywhere, then find a candy wrapper, so I call the front desk.
The poor young man that came up to clean our room did a great job, (I could tell that this was not what he was hired to do, on his hands and knees sweeping up hair.) The staff did offer to move us, but we had already "hunkered" down for the night, and we did get $20 off. But, this and some other higher end disappointments, have just put me off paying that little extra for a hotel.

The bed was comfortable, the front desk staff apologized, and said that the cleaning crew would be talked to about our experience, and I believe that. I believe that the management team cares, and wants to create a great experience.
It is a great looking hotel, the pictures do not lie.

As much as I wish that this was not my experience, it was.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Alwaysastexan,

First I would like to say thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor.
As a Courtyard by Marriott we hold ourselves to the highest standards both in the customer service we provide as well as the excellence of our amenities for guest use. We apologize that your experience was not up to par with what we consider an exceptional stay and moving forward we intend to address such issues with the greatest of attention to detail. Thank you for letting us know about these issues so that we are able to correct them and keep such things from occurring again in the future. Again we are sorry and hope that you'll give us another chance to wow you next time you're in Tallahassee.

Courtyard Tallahassee North
850-422-0600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

After driving for too many hours on I-10. I needed a clean, safe, and close hotel. I located this hotel on Tripadvisor, called about a rate and made a reservation. Rooms are nicely laid out, with a good size hallway between your bathroom and then the sleeping area. Very quiet. No hallway noise. Staff was super friendly and very accommodating as well.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank JenniferH0112
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear JenniferH0112,
4 out of 5 Stars is not a bad rating at all! Thank you Jennifer! Our relatively proximity to the I-10 highway makes us a great location for your stay when traveling through the Florida Capital. We are glad to hear that you found the accommodations pleasant and perfect for your needs and that the staff really made an impression on you. We would to love to see you again if you’re ever passing through. Have a wonderful week!

Courtyard Tallahassee North
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had stayed at this property early this year and although it was perfectly fine I didn't find it remarkable. I just returned for three days on a business trip and left having had an exceptionally nice experience. The facility was clean and modern and well maintained as before and I really enjoy the speed and quality of the breakfasts I got but the big deal was the staff. Everyone I met was friendly and enthusiastic. When I asked for restaurant recommendations I got exceptionally expert advice delivered with wonderful enthusiasm. When I asked for directions I got detailed prints to augment the description. Chloee stands out as being particularly focussed on helping the guests but I didn't see or experience anything but first rate personal service delivered by anyone on staff. It's clearly true that the people make the difference between ordinary and exceptional.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank George G
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear George G,

First of all we would like to say thank you for taking the time to review our Courtyard Tallahassee North and for your 5 Star rating. Remarkable service is what we strive for and we are so glad that you found that here with us. As we all know the competition out there can be pretty fierce and as a Courtyard with a name to uphold we make it a number one priority to go above and beyond for our guests and we are so glad to hear what a shining Star that Chloee was. Her type of customer service is, as you've said, apparent in all of our staff so that we are able to provide the best all-around service. Our on property Bistro offers the convenient alternative to a less than exceptional fast food option and we are proud to hear how quick and delightful the service was. Again thank you so much for the review and please come see us again! Have a great week.

Courtyard by Marriott

F: 850-422-0550
marriott.com/tlhcy
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Rolled the dice for my sons college tour. All I can say is if he choice is Tallahassee, this will be our stay of choice. Great upgrades to the rooms and the Bistro is an excellent touch. Service in the Bistro was attentive and refreshingly friendly. Nice job Krysten!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Leafsfan33076,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, for your wonderful 5 STAR rating of your hotel experience with us here at the Courtyard Tallahassee North. We are so glad that your stay here with us made such a great impression and that you was able to enjoy our on property Bistro. We are excited to hear that Krysten did such a fantastic job taking care of you and have definitely shared with the group what a shining example great customer care can be. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we will always welcome you back in the future.

Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Roosevelt, Chloee, Kendrick & Shannon were the best. Stayed here with my friend to celebrate her 50th birthday. The staff were simply awesome and accomidating. My room was in excellent condition, overall hotel area and cleanliness superb.

Room Tip: Won't stay anywhere else in Tallahassee Florida
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Elizabeth L,

We are so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time celebrating your friend’s birthday here with us and even more happy that our staff members made it a memorable experience for you all.

Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests so I will sure to pass your thanks along to them.

Thank you for your 5 STAR review of our hotel and we hope that you will stay with us again if you are ever in town.

Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed overnight on our way back home so that our teenage girls could get a look at Florida State University. The hotel was quite nice, very clean and quiet. The room was large and clean, two queen size beds and all the normal conveniences. The staff was very friendly and gracious. The location was easy to find and close to I-10, our travel route back home.

Room Tip: You might want to stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Alan K

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel here at the Courtyard Tallahassee-North and for your 5 STAR rating. We take great pride in all aspects of our hotel especially the cleanliness and guest service aspects. You're right about our location, the secluded area right off I-10 allows for a quiet yet convenient stay. We are so glad to hear that we were able to make such a good impression and hope that you will stay with us again if one or even both of your girls attend FSU. (GO Noles!!)

a
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel is one of the original Courtyard designs - there is actually a magnificent courtyard in the middle of it. It is a great place to sit and unwind. The place is like a perfect home away from home.

Our room and the common areas were all in perfect condition. We were visiting for FSU orientation and it was nice to see that the hotel was re-done in an understated and extremely tasteful garnet and gold color theme.

Staff members were friendly and made our stay enjoyable.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank KuduAntelope
CYNORTHMGR M, General Manager at Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear KuduAntelope,

Thank you so much for 5 Star rating! We are so glad you were able to fully enjoy your stay while here in Tallahassee and relax in our cozy courtyard.
We are happy to hear that you felt like home. Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests so I will sure to pass your comments to them.
I hope you give us another chance to serve you in the near future!