“OK if you don't expect much”

Courtyard Tallahassee North/I-10 Capital Circle
Ranked #28 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Ocala, FL
“OK if you don't expect much”
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I was not impressed with the Courtyard. The room was small and not set up very well. The TV was tiny and situated to the side of the bed which made it difficult to watch. There was high speed internet but it was not wireless. The bathroom was not very clean and the bathtub bottom was dirty. I actually slipped and fell due to the soapscum and crud on the bathtub. The staff was not very friendly or professional when my room keys (both of them) stopped working. I had come back to the hotel late at night after working all day and just wanted to relax but instead, I was running around the building trying to get into my room after being "locked" out. It was not a pleasant stay. But it was safe and acceptable if nothing else is available. I recommend the Hampton right down the street.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Laguna Niguel
Reviewed 23 January 2009

We found this hotel to be very disappointing. We were expecting the service and quality of a Marriott but did not find it... The desk said "no" for all our requests from a room on the reception level to a late check out... the jacuzzi is closed... and the breakfast you get for free at most hotels is $10.00 at this one. They advertise a resturant, but it is only breakfast... service and quality overall very disappointing... you can find a better property for the price..!!!

• Liked — lots of parking
  • Disliked — service... an attitude of "NO"
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fairhope,AL
Reviewed 4 January 2009

My wife, daughter and I needed a place for a night in Tallahassee and after driving for 6 hours we were unsure of where to stay. But stopped in to check the rates and availability. My wife went to make the arrangements, and came back out smiling, this after 6 hours in a car with a 15 month old!! The man at the front desk was so friendly, helpful that he made our day. We signed up for Marriott Rewards on the spot and checked in happily to a very nice, comfortable room. Internet access is free, and just about the most TV channels I have had in any hotel. Bed was very nice, everything was clean and in great working order.
The woman on the front in the morning was just as nice and helpful, as we needed a late checkout, and got one with no problem.
Overall, a great stay, and great hotel. We will be back next time through.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami
Reviewed 17 October 2006

I recently stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott and had an experience of a life time. All rooms were newly renovated and the staff was friendly. They helped us locate great restaurants around the area and found fun activities for my kids.
I would never stay anywhere else but Marriott.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
Tampa
Reviewed 15 September 2006

Staying at this courtyard was a wonderful stay. From the Managers Sam / Jimmy to the housekeepers Paula / Germaine everything was exceptional. The hotel has been newly renovated which was a pleasant treat. The new decor in the lobby and the rooms were great. I would sugeest staying at this hotel to anyone.

Stayed August 2006
Tallahassee
Reviewed 24 April 2006

Call it a freak occurance but our car and another in the parking lot were broken into. Parking in the back had scared me when we pulled in and for good reason. If you get in late then you won't be able to park in a well lighted and visible area. The hotel was good besides this incident. Just don't park on the back side towards i-10.

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 February 2006

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Orlando.We picked it because of the indoor pool & Courtyard's reputation. The staff was nice, but the pool was out of order. The room was large however no balcony. There was alot of dust in the room & there was mold on the shower curtain & coffee stains on the counter that had not been cleaned. The room just had a "dingy" feeling & I felt was not up to Marriott standards. We chose not to try the breakfast. Hotel was ok for an overnight stay if the pool was fixed, but I would not stay here more than one night.

• Stayed February 2006