Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East
US$281
US$263
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn & Suites-Capital District(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$162
Courtyard
US$156
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Tallahassee - University(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$61
Red Roof
US$105
Staybridge.com
Best Western Plus Tallahassee North Hotel(Tallahassee)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$133
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewssundry shopihg clubtgi fridayspancake machinesteak and shakerestaurants in walking distancegreat overnight stopspecial ratevillage innnice clean roomscheck outupgraded roomcouple of nightsgreat bedhome gamebed and pillowsgame weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

When I made my reservation for this hotel I did not know that it was under construction. I didn't find that out until after I had made my reservations.
I then learned that it was under construction but was reassured that all was well, just the lobby was under construction.
The first room that they gave us had dirty towels all over the place when we entered the room. The second room was musty smelling. The carpets in the halls were dirty, there were even room signs on the floor of the hall.
We were not there 15 minutes before we checked out. I lost a lot of money, but this place was totally UNACCEPTABLE !!!
I've stayed at less expensive hotels that were nicer than this. No wonder the parking lot was empty.
Save yourself the trouble .... Stay at a different hotel.
I will never go there again, even when it is turned over to Holiday Inn. The turnover should have been handled better.
They've gotten all the money they will ever get out of me.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank RaginCajun95
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are sorry we were not able to meet your expectations during our full renovation. We will bring this information back to our corporate team to make strides to ensure our guest have a pleasant stay during this construction phase. We do hope you will give us another chance to provide you with an exceptional stay once we are done with this conversion this fall. We value you and appreciate your business.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am very disappointed about my experience this weekend. I agree with all the previous negative comments. What ever brand you are under my confidence that we will have a good experience has been very tarnished. Your staff is only process focused and not guest focused. It is not the idea of renovation but lack of respect for your clients. I will not book this property in future and do not recommend anyone book this hotel now or when renovations are completed. Holiday Inn Express has been an excellent brand choice during our past trips. I understand remodeling at some point is necessary. I spent thirty five years in the services industry. The right approach I believe to have satisfied current clients and build guest loyalty, would have been to identify remodeling to us via registration or your web site. In my way of thinking you have misled us about your property.

Prior to my retirement during many business trips to Tallahassee area, unless you were booked, I always stayed at this property. The amenities and staff were excellent in the past.

One evening the elevator was out of order (no sign, you had to find out for yourself). I interrupted the front desk staffer while he was making small talk with a guest that checked in with me the day before. His response was repair had been called. I understand he probably was not an elevator repair person. I think he could have made an effort to assist the assist elderly lady with her two carry two hand bags up to her third floor room. I did! He just stood behind counter and carried on his conversation with other guest ! She had been stranding waiting for elevator before me.

When I walked down for breakfast, there were several members of a sports team being ejected from breakfast area by desk staff and shut the door to breakfast area. He stated that breakfast on weekends started at 0700. Your web site states 0630.

And please do not give me a standard staff edited response.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alex J
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your detailed review. We appreciate your comments and concerns. As you mentioned our staff, we still have the same staff from your previous stays, so I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. Our website does stat we are under renovations, so we apologize you were not able to review this prior to your arrival.
As I am sure you know older hotels tend to require much more of a "face lift" as we move forward to bring you and future guest a brand new product, so sometimes we experience growing pains during this construction phase.
We do hope you will allow us another chance to give you an exceptional stay in the near future once our full renovation is complete. We appreciate you and your business. Thank you for your time to post about your experience as we will address your concerns with our staff to ensure they meet the costumer service aspect during this transition in becoming a new brand.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed one night this past weekend to attend a sporting event with my son. I can understand construction but it seems they could make a little of an effort to clean up after themselves. In addition to the lobby being complete torn to pieces, the elevators could use a daily cleaning after they are done for the day. I felt nasty by the time I made it to my room. I hope I did not get a renovated room however I did have a mini fridge and microwave so I am thinking I did. The ceiling in the bathroom was patched but not painted. The mattress is the most awful thing I have ever slept on, you could feel and hear the springs just sitting on it, I could not wait to get out of bed in the morning. Breakfast was a joke, I guess because of the renovations they are having it in a tiny crowded room and the food was disgusting. The only perk was it was close to where I needed to be and the lady at the front desk was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janice G
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your business during our renovation to become a Holiday Inn Express this fall. We plan to give the entire hotel a full makeover in the next few months to better serve our guest. We hope you will return this fall to see the finished product. We appreciate you and your business!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Everything about my stay here was awful. I was staying as part of a wedding party and from the get go things just went wrong.

From the DEMOLISHED lobby (I hope you love the smell of paint and floor stripper! Because that is what all of my clothes and hair smell like. The fumes were unbearable), to the maid service just walking in WITHOUT knocking at 8am, to the Staff not only being supremely unhelpful to actually BLAMING the bride for THEIR lack of knowledge and information, this place is a joke.

I was told they had "no idea they were doing this type of construction until the workers showed up and started ripping up the floor" Which is crap. There is no way the TOTAL renovation that is going on was "just found out about" This type of contract takes MONTHS to plan, organize, and then execute.

Besides the lobby NOT EXISTING, the elevators are full of dust and debris from the workers constantly using them, there are no baseboards on the hallways so they look unfinished and tacky, and you best not even bump the walls because you'll get paint and drywall dust all over you.

I was lucky enough to have one of the few "complete" rooms (with both a microwave and a mini fridge) but most of the wedding party had one or the other or none at all. One of the rooms even had a completely cracked toilet seat.

Thank goodness we were smart enough to move venues for getting the bridesmaids and bride ready because if we had gotten ready at this hotel ALL of our dresses, shoes, hair, etc would have been ruined.

Even after all the construction problems (Including not even being able to use the pool because the only way to get to it was blocked off by construction) the worst part was the staff. They flat out lied about the construction and did nothing to help make things more comfortable for our party. It went so far as the manager legitimately RUNNING and HIDING from us when we came to talk about things. We saw her dash in the back room as soon as we stepped off the elevator and were then told "Oh she's on a conference call and will be for a very long time...." That type of behavior is just unacceptable.

The cherry on the top of this horrible sundae was being OVER CHARGED at checkout. Our party was supposed to be paying $79/night for 3 nights, plus tax. I was charged (and it was processed and went THROUGH my bank) $326.64.... In NO WAY does that come out right. I was assured it was only "incidentals" and that it would be "returned within 5 business days" but either way it was still charged wrong and the front desk did NOTHING to help correct it.

Coming on here and reading all of the reviews, some from WEEKS ago, This just confirms that they were straight up lying to our faces about construction. $79 a night is still way too expensive for this type of construction and even more so for being disrespected so much by the staff.

All in all this hotel should just be avoided until it becomes a Holiday Inn Express this fall. And hopefully by then they will have cleaned house on the staff (I have already contacted Corporate about this behavior) and will put better effort into customer service. I would NEVER stay at this hotel again and neither should you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ari S

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your business. We are sorry to hear we did not meet your travel expectations during our renovation process. We do hope you will allow us to host you and provide an exceptional stay when we raise our flag as the new Holiday Inn Express this fall. We always want every guest to arrive and depart happy. We will address your concerns with our team to better assist our future guest during our construction phase. We look forward to seeing you in the near future~

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I thoroughly enjoy visiting under construction hotels so when I got to the cabot lodge you can imagine my enthusiasm. The room came standard with a window to look out, it also included 4 walls and limited edition custom upholstery. I didn't plan on sleeping because I had so many construction features to see so comfort was not important to me. I was able to check out the studs, take Sheetrock samples and even got to witness a masonry demonstration. As a bonus I also got to hone my janatorial skills and got a merit badge in cloroxing level 3. Overall I couldn't have asked for a better stay and recommend a stay to my fellow construction hobbyists.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank ronaldburgundy
Michelle W, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tallahassee East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your enjoyable review. We hope you will consider returning when our full renovation is complete and we become the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you for your business.