“Best of the year, so far.”

The Other Seineyard Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #403 of 831 Restaurants in Tallahassee
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I ate lunch at the Other Seineyard to celebrate Father's Day. What a great choice. Service was fast, friendly and efficient and the food was outstanding. I ordered the fried pickle appetizer but the waitress came back to tell me that they had no pickles today. I was disappointed, but ever onward. Someone was looking out for me because there is no way I could have finished my delicious flounder and shrimp combo had I eaten an appetizer.
The house salad dressing is out of this world. I have an old family dressing recipe that is fantastic and this creamy Greek matches it. I would love to have about a gallon to go, please. We will definitely eat here again. This is truly a hidden gem!

1  Thank Contweets

Reviewed 26 October 2013

One of Tallahassee's finest in terms of good fresh seafood. Fried platters are hard to beat, whether fish or shrimp. I never pass up the grilled flounder while my wife goes for the good stuff, fried shrimp. Tasty hush puppies made right. Desserts are to die for. One of several locations in the area The Seineyards are Florida panhandle institutions. Bargain priced and a great place for family gatherings. Try it, you'll like it.

1  Thank Jimy32301
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The server didn't have much personality and was slow to make recommendations. One person in my group ordered a baked potatoes and she came back and advised there were none. Half way through the meal someone delivers a potatoes to the table. Seafood choices were flavorful. I'll try them again to see if the freshness is consistent. It was hard to find. In a strip center with little signage.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

A rainy lunch choice (we like to support the locals businesses). We were greeted and seated quickly and with southern charm. We started with a fried pickle app & "kick'n sauce". Beware the sauce. Apparently it is a newer version and has more heat. The pickles could have left in the fryer a minute or two longer. My dining companions went with their standard blackened grouper which they said was yummy as usual. I tried the bacon wrapped shrimp with sweet sauce. Very nice. The plate also included two hush puppies which I always enjoy. This will be a must have again dish. The service was friendly and quick. I was even offered a sample of their cheese grits when I commented how I don't really eat grits. I could see ordering some of theirs, though maybe not the cheese variety. I did like the smoothness of the grits. The cheese not so much. The place was not overly busy so we were able to sit and chat for while with no pressure to order more or leave.

1  Thank grrprr
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The shrimp and the cheese grits are extremely good! The service could be a little better but they still get the job done.