“Aaaaaaaamazing staff!”

Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Miami, Florida
“Aaaaaaaamazing staff!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I checked into the Fairfield Inn at 1am on a Thursday evening, after working a nine hour day, driving seven hours to Tallahassee and battling one of the worst sicknesses I've ever had. I was broken, fever ridden, achy, sweaty (even though it was freezing outside), my eyes were on fire, I couldn't turn my head from side to side because my glands were so swollen and my throat felt like I had been swallowing shards of glass all day. So, I was a bit cranky to say the least. I was greeted warmly by Andrew who, even though it was late and I could barely hear him because my ears were so clogged, took the time to explain all of the hotels amenities, check me in quickly and direct me to the hot water and tea. The next morning I woke up feeling like I was on deaths doorstep, was over 400 miles away from home and was a little scared at how much sicker I had become since the night before. I needed a doctor and I needed one fast. I slowly got dressed and dragged myself downstairs at 9am, which is the exact time breakfast ends. Tanya, also known as Ms. T., was the woman in charge and she was an angel. Not only did she allow me to take my time and enjoy breakfast, but she also found a doctor for me to go to, loaded me up with tons of honey and tea bags for later, was kind and gentle with me and even said a prayer for me. She is one of the most genuine and kindest people I've ever met and I am truly grateful for her warm and nurturing demeanor. Although I was sick as a dog, she helped ease my fears and made me feel a little better about being so sick and so far away from home. I don't think she realizes how much better she made me feel that morning. You can tell that's just the type of person she is...which is rare in today's world.

I ended up being sicker than I thought and was prescribed antibiotics and steroids at the urgent care center. I returned to my hotel room to get some rest and was surprised that Dennis, the gentleman at the front desk, inquired to see how I was feeling and offered me orange juice, more tea and anything I needed. Ms. T's cousin, Lakisha, was just as attentive the following morning at breakfast.

I travel to Tallahassee about 7-10 times per year and my stay at the Fairfield was my absolute favorite. The staff is PHENOMENAL. Although I was sick, over 400 miles away from home and a little scared, I never felt alone. The entire staff was attentive, caring and made sure I had everything I needed at all times. I would definitely stay at the Fairfield again.

Thank you Andrew, Ms. T., Dennis and Lakisha! Words cannot express how truly grateful I am for your kindness.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Pea29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This Fairfield Inn was well worth the stay. It is modern, appealing and clean. The staff is very helpful and the room was comfortable and quiet. It was a fair price for the area. It was close to the capital and other attractions in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I travel often and it is always nice to come to the Fairfield Inn. Its always clean and friendly.It really makes my traveling easy. The location is perfect for anything you may need to do while in Tallahassee. See you there !!!!!!

Room Tip: No concerns !!!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Switzerland, Fla.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a relatively new hotel, right on the Apalachee Parkway near Capitol Circle Hwy. It is pleasant looking, and the front desk personnel were VERY friendly and helpful. The room was a fair size, with two queen beds, a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was an adequate size, the beds were very comfortable, and the sheets were soft. The AC cut on and off, but it was not too loud when it cycled. The breakfast buffet was simple and standard fare for a "free" b'fast.
The only problems we experienced were regarding noise. Road noise from the parkway,,hallway noise (guests talking, slamming doors, elevator bell too loud), and being able to hear the conversations of ALL of your neighbors! Bring ear wax, and ask for a room at the end of the hall on the southside of the bldg.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geezerhippie
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Check in process was friendly and quick! Great rooms. This property is a newer property . Hotel staff was very helpful with all my needs. The director of sales helped me with all the surround shops and restaurants. All in all great staff great location great hotel! Will be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed hear several times on business and liked the hotel until my last stay. I left my watch in the hotel room and called right after I left for the staff to check the room but of course they couldn't find it because they had already stole it. I will never stay at this chain again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Miguel M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback during your recent visit, I want to convey my apologies for your concerns, as a General Manager I can assure you that your safety and the protection of your items is my first concern, and this issue is being investigated. Please come back and continue to enjoy our Fairfield Inn Suites Tallahassee Central, I promise you a very memorable experience.
Tampa Bay
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Very clean, newer hotel close enough to FSU and very reasonable. Very nice continental breakfast with hot and cold items. Would definitely recommend to others. Plenty of nearby restaurants and a short 8 minute ride to FSU.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family