“Excellent new hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Excellent new hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Very clean hotel with amazing beds & pillows! The breakfast in the morning was great!!! Only thing that needed improvement was the pool, it was FREEZING!! The staff stated it was 76 degrees but it felt like 50! It's in doors so it should be heated or at least take air conditioner out, what a shame I couldn't take part of that luxury during stay!

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

In its category, this hotel brings a little of freshness and originality. Pleasant decoration, good arrangement of the room and bathroom, and a good sound insulation.
Of more the welcome is of the warmest (thank you in particular to Tremaine)!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Staff was extremely nice. Hotel is one of the newly renovated ones, furnishing and decor is new. Rooms are large and have mini fridge and microwave. Perfect location for my business , close to restaurants and mall. Will definitely come back again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
South Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent one night here on road trip to Florida.
Room was clean.
Free breakfast was nice to get you started for the day.
Front desk staff were polite and helpful
I don't really have anything bad to say about this place
I'll stay again if i had to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ajalatravel_71
Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I haven't been to Tallahassee in a couple of years, but I could tell that this hotel is somewhat new. Beautiful lobby area & clean rooms. Full hot breakfast, which surprised us. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable with events around town. The bathroom is a nice size and our King bed was comfy. Have to keep this on our list of hotels when we visit family again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Derygirl
Bradenton, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

stayed here on first leg of road trip. nothing bad to say about hotel at all. Very clean room and nice friendly people at front desk. Dining room staff kept everything well stocked and food was good. Everyone in hotel and dining greeted us. Great towels and water pressure (important because that sure is not the case in some hotels ) easy access to downtown and I-10

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Forest, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stay in many Fairfield Inns so I know a good one when I stay at one. I probably would have given this one a 3.5 rating but since you can't do a half I went with the three because I want this location to work on improving itself. I will probably give it another try the next time I'm in the area before writing it off but this visit had some shortcomings.

The first thing you will notice is that getting in and out of the property is tricky but doable depending on which direction you are coming from and heading out to. Obviously, the location can't be changed but just be prepared for it. After getting into my room and unpacked after a long day, I sat down and turned on the TV or at least tried to. The remote control would not bring on the TV. I was able to manually turn on the TV with the switch on the TV itself but the DirecTV box was mounted in the middle of the back of the TV out of sight so it was difficult to try and change channels on the box itself. I called the front desk and the attendant came up promptly and tried to figure out the issue but was not able to correct it. He said he would have to have his maintenance man come up and look at it. I left for dinner shortly after that and figured it would be fixed by the time I returned. If he came while I was gone, he did not fix it. Luckily, I had rented a RedBox DVD while I was out and watched that on my laptop. I just wasn't able to watch the news that evening or the next morning. The next morning while in the shower, I found a dirty washcloth hanging in the shower from a previous guest. I went down to breakfast only to find no bran or whole grain type healthy cereals. Just about every Fairfield I stay at offers Cheerios, Raisin Bran or both. Before heading back to my room, I made myself a cup of coffee only to find it loaded with coffee grounds. I'm not talking about a few, I'm talking fully loaded.

Now for the positives. The staff members I came in contact with were all very friendly. Except for the dirty washcloth, the overall hotel was clean. The outside of the hotel is one of the updated Fairfield exteriors. There are a few dining choices in walking distance but many more in driving distance. They have DirecTV but I wasn't able to enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Miguelm878, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
I personally want to thank you, for choosing The Fairfield Inn Suites Tallahassee Central during your visit to Tallahassee; we know you have many choices in the Capital City.

The primary goal of our staff members is to provide outstanding guest service to ensure the complete satisfaction of every guest.

While we constantly strive to exceed your expectations, we realize that problems may occur occasionally. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you may encounter during your visit

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope that you will continue to stay here at the Fairfield Inn Suites Tallahassee every time you are in town.

Yours truly,