“Nice little hotel”

Ranked #57 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Eustis, Florida
“Nice little hotel”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is a nice little hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The grounds were well kept. Our room was large and clean. The prices were fair. The internet was free and fairly fast. Breakfast was free and good. This place will be on the top of our list the next time we go to Tallahassee.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Roger B, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Keith,

Thank you for your time and giving us feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to see that the recent improvements to our facility and staff have not gone unnoticed.

We have tried in the past month to improve all aspects of the guest experience.

Again, Thank you for your time and your kind words. Please stay with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
South Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Let me sum it up quickly..........I would not stay there again. Too many reasons why but two of the most important, cleanliness of the room and the paper thin walls.

To the manager....a simple replacement of the shower faucets would be in order. It's a simple fix that can make a world of difference. Who wants to touch old rusty knobs? Also tell whoever is making the beds to smooth out the sheets. It shouldn't look like it's been slept in the night before.

Only stayed there cause I got last minute FSU tickets and it was the only property available. I can see why!!! Thank goodness the Noles won otherwise it would've been a terrible weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Roger B, Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Dear 10isguy

Thank you for your honost feedback. while your comments were not pleasant to read they were honest and enlightning.

We are taking steps to correct the neglect that the hotel has suffered in recent times and doing preventative and corrective maintenance on all the rooms to bring them back to an acceptable level.

Mishandling of the laundry has been addressed and proper linnen handling is being enforced so that the sheets will be smooth and crisp.

In spite of your poor impression of our facility I would like for you to return to see the improvements that are being made. I am confident that you will have a pleasant experience when you return.
san antonio
Reviewed 11 August 2012 via mobile

The building looks great, staff is friendly, we got a double bed for a cheap price. The rooms show every bit their age.

There are absolutely no additional electrical outlets for charging mobile devices. We had to use the bathroom outlet and the already crowded outlet behind the TV.

The doors tend to stick; you have to give them a hard push to open. I initially thought our room keys were inactive.

Wi-Fi was working fine without any problems.

Plenty of fast food restaurants down the street.

Overall, it was a cheap and relatively clean place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Jason S, General Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I am happy to hear you were pleased with the staff and the current condition of the property. We have made many changes here at the Tallahassee Super 8 this past month I am thrilled to see that the community is taking notice.
I understand the challenges with electrical devices in the guestrooms. I am currently addressing this to make is more convenient for our guests. I have had all guestrooms doors adjusted as they are solid hardwood and had swollen in the Florida humidity.
Again I'd like to thank you for your time and for sharing your experience.
Ft. Walton Beach
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I checked into the Super 8, off I-10, in Tallahassee, FL about 3am. I heard the door to my room begin to open. I'm in the room with my wife and 2 babies. The security latch was on or else that person would have been in my room! I have a gun permit. I pulled my gun and aiming at the door, as I walked forward. I found that it was the security guard, trying to get in my room! I went to the front desk to complain. The lady their said, "It was my fault." She said that again and again! She offered me nothing! She did not even seem to care at all. I told this as I checked out the next morning. They got their GM, who did apologize and he did give me a refund. I just thought you should know about the rude staff working at the Super 8, late night!

Room Tip: Make sure you lock your door and don't check in at 3am!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Xavier T
, General Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Mr.& Mrs.T,

As we discussed "that" morning I was so terribly sorry. And I was so thankful that you did not "fire off a round". To be candid...I simply do not know what I would have done under similar circumstances. Your wife, your two babies...tell ya Sir...you were able to maintain control over your emotions. I say again...I simply do not know how I would have reacted at that hour of the morning.

When our Front Desk, Guest Services Representative, told me the story you told her about your experiences the night before....and my Staff's reaction that night.....I simply was shocked. They are better people than that...and as I "was sorry" privately...I am now "sorry publically".

We do have security and maintenance work on going here through the night. Certainly those employees made a mistake. Could have been a "life/death" mistake. I have instituted some policy changes, that will insure such an incident does not happen here again. And (seriously) thank you for re-telling your story to other staff here. If I don't know there is a problem...I can't act on it.

My Best Regards to you and your young family.

Mike McGinnis-General Manager
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I have paid less for better, more for worse, luck of the draw. The staff was really nice, and it isn't too bad for the price, but in the room we got, you can hear everything going on outside really well (like the kids at the pool and doors closing), as well as the neighboring plumbing (it is like someone is showering in your room). Lame nitpicking stuff: the light switch to the bathroom also turns on the bright lights over the separate vanity, which is obnoxious when you have to go to the bathroom at night and have someone else sharing the room with you. Batteries in the remote were dying, apparently, and the battery cover was sealed with a screw so I couldn't put new ones in. Clean though, and close to restaurants/shopping.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
SUPER8MCGINNIS, General Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Hello LAURAISREN,

Truthfully I try to answer these reviews minutes after they are posted. Its been days now. Generally its a "Thank you" or a "I'm sorry". Easy for me to give the appropriate answer.

Let me say that regardless "lame" or not...if its not pleasant, and it can be corrected..then the guy in my position should at least try...TO FIX IT. So I went through every room rented on 5/31. All the remotes have new batteries. And I agree...those screws are a pain. That bright light at night is a pain too.I have made a change in some of the rooms that this feature is "offered".Probably was one of the rooms you were in that night.

This property is built like a fort. Doesn't mean that your comments about hearing the kids at the pool...or someone taking a shower next door is not a problem. It was for you. And I am sorry.As you may recall we have comment cards out...I did not see any that were close to these comments here on Trip Advisor.And I may have missed it. But if you would ..send me a note as to which room you stayed in..just to ease my mind that I have corrected things in that room for sure..I would be very grateful. And under the circumstances...Thank You for the "So So"...Best Regards, Mike McGinnis-GM
Fort Valley, Georgia
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This motel is AWESOME! Brielle and Brittany are GREAT, the room was VERY nicem quiet, clean and a SUPER VALUE! The breakfast was GREAT, as well! If you can, get room 252, you won't be sorry! We stumbled upon this gem in the Room Saver magazine at a FABULOUS price!!

Room Tip: Room saver is a MUST. Call either Brielle or Brittany!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
SUPER8MCGINNIS, General Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Hello 'FTVALLEYMAN',

Those 2 ladies are true gems. They have been with this Super 8 less than 2 months. In fact 85 % of the employees here...all hired within the last 90 days ( and that includes the GM.)

Brielle and Brittany split the 7am shift...7 days a week. I see and hear about their work frequently. And it is always appreciated when a Guest takes the time to respond to superior service.

They will be pleased to read of your compliments here on Trip Advisor. I assure you I am appreciative as well. As is all of the staff. Thanks again.

"SEE YOU ALONG THE WAY".