“Pet Friendly”

Ranked #57 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Tallahassee, Florida
“Pet Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I stayed for two weeks while transitioning into our new home. We were pleasently suprised by the staff and the property. We were allowed to bring our cat for a small additional fee and housekeeping was careful not to open the door (so we didn't have to worry about her getting lost). We enjoyed our time in the hotel and will encourage our family to stay there when they come to visit.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I've been traveling across America for a while now and I don't mind a cheap motel just for a night or 2 if the price is right. This place advertised a room on most hotel sites for $40 but when we got there they said that was only for one person and the room would be $50 which is still cheapish so we thought ok. This place looks fine on the outside but inside is horrible! Our "non-smoking" room stank of cigarettes, there was mould in the shower and the mini fridge wasn't turned on - there wasn't even enough power plugs to plug it in!!! When I asked to move rooms because of the smell the receptionist argued with me and insisted there were no other rooms even though the palace was huge!!!There was a very loud party in the function room we weren't informed about and maintenance men working until 8pm! In all our cheap motels I have never come across staff so rude and have been this unhappy! Don't bother!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Tucson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was just looking for a place to crash for the night and figured this was the best deal. I paid 40 for a closet sized room. Roaches in the bathroom and shower, room smells like mold, no remote, WiFi too slow to connect. I could go on and on. Now excuse me while I go check to make sure my car hasn't been broken into in the dark, creepy parking lot

• Stayed February 2014
Peterborough
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Our third Super 8 on our way to Florida.The location was great, The place was very busy, fortunately we had reservations. We have been charged $ 25,00, $ 6,00 and at this hotel nothing for our dog, go figure, I feel the same chain should have a standard pet fee. The room was a bit run down, dirty looking carpet and again the bathroom needs updating eg the toiletpaper holder was broken adn the caulking was pretty bad. However the bed was great and I liked the Spanish looking building.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Super E, General Manager at Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Hello George A,

Thank you for talking time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our property. We really appreciate your kind words and would like to proudly inform that we are in middle of renovations and all our rooms will soon have brand new bathrooms and carpets. We are glad you liked the bedding since we have brand new bedding in all our rooms. Looking forwards to sever you again in near future.

Syracuse
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

There was nothing good about this hotel, from the mold on the bathroom walls, the dirty bed sheets and guest room door, to the midnight shift front desk clerk who does't greet anyone, and the garbage that was left on the breakfast buffet counter, but not cleaned for over 1 hour (I'm referring to actual garbage left on the counter by other guests).
I didn't want to take a shower, it was that bad.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo