“Place to Sleep”

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Inn & Suites Tallahassee North

Reviewed 23 August 2014

1  Thank Edward M
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My two sisters and I were in town visiting our father who was in the hospital there, Tallahassee Memorial. Our flight got in very late at night and we just happened to pull into the Super 8 figuring it should be fine for the little time we would be in the room. Since our trip was last minute, we had not made hotel reservations anywhere. Although we didn't know it at the time, most all other hotels were booked up due to parents being in town to move their kids into FSU. Now we know why Super 8 had availabilities and most others did not! My two sisters got a room and I got a second room. When I walked in I literally could not believe how horrible the room was. I am a 52 years old well traveled woman and have stayed at countless hotels in my time. This was by FAR the worst room I have ever seen. It was poorly lit, smelly, filthy dirty, with old worn out mismatched furniture, peeling paint, horrible old curtains that were being held shut by a paper clip, carpet was thoroughly disgustingly filthy, and the bathroom was scary dirty beyond description! ( I took a picture of the tub!!) It was truly unbelievable- filthy with chipped paint all over and no way to hold water because missing drain hardware. My sisters' bathroom looked like the vanity had not been cleaned in weeks and there was a used condom in the toilet!!! Simply cannot make this stuff up! It reminded us of an hourly hotel, but cannot imagine ANYONE wanting to stay in these rooms, even for an hour. We all three wanted to leave at once but it was 1:30 a.m. with no place to go! The only way to make it the few hours until daylight was to sleep in our clothes so that we would be covered up, then get up and take a quick shower and get the heck out of there. We literally wore shoes at all time because we didn't want our feet to touch the floor and also we laid a towel in the bottom of the tub before taking a shower (the towels were thin as paper and stained) so that the filthy bottom of the tub wouldn't touch. I will never in my lifetime stay in another Super 8. There are probably some clean ones out there, but this ruined it for me. We moved to another hotel that had a couple cancellations for the remaining two nights and what a relief!! My advice is the same as one of the other reviewers, which is RUN as FAST as you can!! It is absolutely horrible and disgusting!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I made a reservation at La Quinta, but when I arrived only a smoking room was available. I declined the room and when next door to Super 8. From outside, at night, it looked nice. I was given a room for the same rate as other hotels in the area. When we walked in the room it was disgusting. Stains on rug and sofa everywhere. Very poorly lit. Refrigerator sitting outside of a hole in the wall and in front of a small sink. We were afraid of what might crawl out. Beds were poorly made and all furniture looked mismatched and old. We quickly left the room and asked for our money back. They said we could put you in a better room so I went with the front desk person to see the other room. I guess they thought it was much better but it was just as bad. It had what looked like new laminate wood floor but the bedding was bad. The furniture was mismatched and the lighting was terrible. We didn't stay long enough to take pictures or comment further. Super 8 should pull their name from this hotel. I will never even contemplate going to a Super 8 again. And they were charging the same rates or more than other hotels in the area. That is ridiculous. It might be worth 35 dollars at the most. We ended up at a Quality Inn for a cheaper rate and much better room. The charge to the room is still on my credit card but I'll keep on checking to make sure I get credited. It was just disgusting! Walk away. RUN. Don't be fooled buy the quaint looking outside. DISGUSTING.

1  Thank UniversityTrips
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice rooms, suite with 3 beds upstairs/downstairs is excellent. Pool is nice and clean. Breakfast ok. Snacks and drinks at front desk is convenient. Staff friendly and helpfull. WiFi. Property is nice and good atmosphere. Overall excellent for a cheaper motel stay

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business