“Ok.....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
Farum, Denmark
“Ok.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

The motel was ok.. Nothing grand.. A room.. 2 queensize beds.. Bathroom..

It met our demands at the time and we had a good nights sleep there before moving on to New Orleans.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saekiz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

The price was right, but at such a cost. You are charged in advance at check-in. This is usually a bad sign.

First thing we notice is the air is warm and musty. The AC unit is working, but not blowing cold. After resetting it according to instructions, it still blew only cool, far from cold air. Next thing was only 1 bath towel. So we went to call for more. Ooops. Phone doesn't work. Had to use my cell phone to call the front desk. Then I had to go to the front desk to get the towels - no housekeeping staff past 6:00 p.m.

There is no facial tissue in the room. There is no pen and no paper. They charge a fee for their WiFi service, which wasn't working on our final day. Our carpet was badly patched. The bed was very low to the ground, almost like dumping the box spring and mattress on the floor.

There was no clock at all, so, obviously, no alarm clock either. Along with the broken phone this required the traveler to provide their own wake up device. The phone was not replaced or repaired during our two night stay.

Oddly there was an ash tray turned upside down with the no smoking symbol facing up. This in our non-smoking room. From the smell, I'd say it's only sometimes non-smoking, or recently made non-smoking. Also, you won't need a bottle opener, there was one permanently mounted on the sink stand.

Two more points. One, this motel asks you to hang your towels up to use again. However, when we did, they replaced all the towels anyway. This always bugs me, especially in Florida which has suffered from drought for the past few years.

Finally, the front desk staff was good. I could tell they were used to the types of complaints we had, but were truly sorry about them. They made no excuses or empty promises, just noted the problems. I didn't push, because it was obvious that only one person was ever on duty, and they were limited in what they could do.

Room Tip: Stay toward the back of the complex.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel34373
Deep South
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2011

I wasn't expecting to be spending the night in Tallahassee so I was looking for two rooms in a hurry. What I got was a room in a motel where all the employees I met were VERY nice, but the rooms were awful. One room had a chunk of carpet cut out and cigarette burns in the bedspread--this was a non-smoking room. Mattresses were in bad shape--the worst I had slept on in a motel that I can remember. They wanted $2.99 for wifi. The rooms were such a no-frills zone that the only step lower I could have made would have been to sleep in a tent in the parking lot. The area must not have been too safe either because they had a locked gate at the side exit and a big fence. The only way out was to go out past the front of the building and that was a pain because I had to turn around to manage that. Drive past this one.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hardtack_n_lace
N.E. Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2010

I remember when Motel 6 was a clean, cheap, decent place to stay--but NOT anymore!!
I know what a no-frills motel means--but there should still be some basic amenities like a box of tissues, a hair dryer, a decent sized bar of soap, ample towels replaced daily, bed sheets and blankets without moth holes & cigarette burns, pillows without stains & comfortable enough to support your head, mattresses that don't sag everywhere you lay your body. The entire room was filthy including the bathroom which had mold in the tub/shower area. I would not recommend any Motel 6 to my worst enemy--it is truly a
"s--t-hole" and not fit for human habitation. They should all be inspected by some government agency and condemned as "Contaminated--Not Fit For Human Living"

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

I was in town for an Expo and only needed a room for the night. While the front desk staff was nice and friendly, I advised her to find a better place to work as the hotel is a true dump! I could even do the 3 S’s here.

If the owners/managers don’t want to invest in better beds, pillows or sheets for the place, close it down. Cheap & nasty is a bad combination!

I sprayed Lysol, wiped the place down with anti-bacteria wipes and I still felt something crawling on me at night. Finally, I had to get up and try to sleep in the chair. To make matters worst, I saw a large bug while I was getting together to check out!

The place advertises WIFI, but it aint free! The shower head had so much pressure that it hurt. Forget about an iron, Kleenex, or even an elevator. I thought the place in DC was a dump, this motel got them beat. I don’t think this place is even Motel 6 quality!

If I could give a rating less than 1, I would. Do yourself a favor and pay a few extra bucks for a better place. I can still feel something crawling on me as I write this.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Dollars1996
Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2009

My mother was seriously ill in the Tallahassee hospital and my siblings and I had to drive from Illinois at a moment's notice. We made the mistake of not pre-booking rooms. We arrived at 2 AM and this is all we could locate. My sister slept in her clothes. I was afraid of the bed linens. I didn't sleep a wink. Sure, it was only $35 but it wasn't worth any more. I have never stayed in a motel this gross before and never plan to again.

• Stayed February 2009
2 Thank disgusted41
Bell, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

I had previously stayed at this motel in June 2008. I was by myself, the rates were fantastic, room was clean, good service, not as nice a TV, but for 35 bucks a night, I wasn't complaining. When I brought my family and stayed again in August 2008, it was a whole different story. I will say we were moving my daughter into a dorm room and it was during a Tropical Storm (Fay). The room was damp. Dry clean clothes laid out to wear the next day were damp the next morning. The refridgerator was sweating on the outside to the point of leaving a sizeable puddle on the floor. Towels and damp clothing (it was during a storm) hung to dry didn't dry. The kicker though was when the ceiling began to "sweat". It began above the refrigerator and small table (which were just outside the bathroom) and by morning was halfway across the room. The water on the ceiling was dripping on everything. We couldn't get out the room fast enough. I was disappointing after being wet all day from the rain not to be able to "dry out" in the room. The room was clean though and the price was fantastic (I think I know why). I won't stay here again even though my first stay was good.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family