“Do not stay here!”

Motel 6 Tallahassee Downtown
Ranked #51 of 58 Hotels in Tallahassee
“Do not stay here!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

WORST place that I EVER had the misfortune of staying. Broken furniture. Clogged sink, Dirty bathroom. Dirty towels. Dirty bedding. No toiletry. Roaches and other bugs everywhere. Requested TWO Non-smoking rooms, I was given TWO DIRTY SMOKING rooms. I have nothing nice to say other that I could not wait for the morning so I can leave this place.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Sarah C
6Team, Brand Experience Team member at Motel 6 Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Sarah C, Thank you for sharing your review. We are sorry for the displeasing stay that you had as a result from the furniture and sink maintenance, cleanliness, odor concerns, and pest issues you experienced. We would like the opportunity to have a record of your stay with Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864, so that we can better address your stay and improve your experience with us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cocoa
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here only 2 months prior. Had a okay stay, so we booked again. We were told when we were here in June/2014 they were remodling, and would have kitchen amenities by mid August, so we booked for August 15th. Upon arrival, we were disappointed from check-in. However, the young lady at the reception was very understanding and tried her best in all her power to accomidate us accordingly. We requested a KING size bed, got a queen. We also paid for a KITCHEN UPGRADE, got nothing, not even a coffee pot, or microwave. We also paid and requested a NON-SMOKING ROOM, got smoking, even had a ashtray to boot.... We also requested HANDICAP accessible, WAS NOT AVAILABLE. I don't understand why these are offered if the rooms are not up to par, nor are the requests honored when the customer pays for the amenities. Also, what happend was undeniably, the topping to the cake. My husband and I agreed it was already booked, and this particular weekend being to move our FSU student into his apartment, we would go and get some items to spruce up the place, like some disinfectant, maybe some glade plug ins, and things of the like. I even took a chance at not having handicap accessible things, and yes we even decided we could indoure 2 nights without a coffee pot, or microwave and go purchase these items, so we reluctantly took the keys and proceeded to our assigned room. When we entered, it was nothing like pictured, nor what we stayed in before (being only 7 rooms away) the curtains reeked of smoke, the air conditioner was not in the wall, you could literally see through it to the outside, and visa versa, there was only one towel, no t.p. and it looked as though someone had already taken a shower before we did, not to mention NO KITCHEN, NO KING SIZE BED, NOT NON-SMOKING, NOT HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE. We contacted our travel site fast as we could get out of the room, and they booked us into another room. Word to the wise, MAKE SURE YOU BOOK WITH OPTION TO CANCEL, OR YOU MAY BE STUCK....We will NOT be back here at this location, Or ANY MOTEL 6 again. We understand they are under renovation, we take that into consideration, but honestly, why would you consider putting someone who has paid there money to get anything less than what is expected, and get a bad review? I have documentation of payment and requests, if anyone of managment would like to contact me I would be more than happy to share our experience with them. Take our advice, and go somewhere your requests are granted.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Candy H
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 June 2014

After making the long drive to Tallahassee, (Taking the kids to Grandma's) My husband and I decided to just get a room for the night before making the drive home. Ms. Sonya was professional and wonderful. She made our stay very enjoyable. I have a hard time sleeping (Work nights so use to sleeping during the day) The bed was very comfortable slept through the night. Very quiet. Kudos to Motel 6 For Ms. Sonya. An amazing Lady !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaded R
Homosassa, Florida
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We were visiting our daughter at FSU for the weekend and decided to stay at the Motel 6. We were traveling with our dog and they are pet friendly. I like the fact they do not charge an extra fee when you bring a pet. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, so no complaints there. I was surprised to find they don't have a coffee maker, mini fridge and microwave in the basic rooms. We only stayed one night but for someone who plans on staying longer I would recommend upgrading to the room with those amenities.

Some of the other guest looked a bit "rough" and there was a bit of noise early in the evening outside. But it was quiet the rest of the night which was good. I don't think we would stay there again, simply because I am used to motels that offer the above mentioned amenities in their standard rooms. But if you are just looking for a place to sleep and don't mind not having these, it is not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue H
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We use Motel 6 a lot.. We called into their 'West' property, we were so impressed by the reception area and attitude, walked out and headed for _'downtown'
The property looks attractive, as does the area. The very pleasant female receptionist could not have been more helpful. We had room 110, a room for handicapped, but the only room available on the ground floor.(on holiday for eight weeks we have a lot of luggage !). Well decorated, clean room. Its right next door to "The Olive Garden", so if you arrive tired its a very short walk. Walking around the property its well maintained. Not the motel's fault, but a minority of other guests seemed to enjoy shouting to each other after 11-00 pm, slamming car doors and running car engines (with defective exhausts). This annoyed my partner, I was asleep. Highly recommended

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard T
Melbourne
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

We were a bit apprehensive about our first stay in this cheap chain but we were very happy with it. Great size, clean, quiet, pool looked clean. It's in a fabulous location near downtown. I wouldn't stay anywhere else given the excellent price

Stayed December 2013
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Back in Feb I called Motel 6 group sales to set up a group reservation for the Miami/FSU game

I had 20 rooms total

For starters when I checked in I was overcharged for my room, although I did eventually get a small credit back for that.

The reservation was for 2 nights. (11/1 and 11/2) and everybody called individually to reserve their own rooms and hold them on their own CC. As I was on my way into town I began getting calls that they wouldnt let anybody check in until I got there since my name was on the group reservation. I then started to get cals from people saying they were being told that the reservation was for only 1 night and not 2. When I went to check in, I had mt printed email confirm showing it wad for 2 nights, yet Sonya behind the desk still tried to insist that it was only for 1 night.

Later on I went down to the desk and spoke with Tiffany about the rest of our group that was coming in. I gave her the names on the reservations and she verified that she had every one of them in the system. Not an hour later I get a call from somebody saying they were being told they no longer had a reservation.

I went down to the desk to find out what was going on and was confronted by the GM (Will Hill) who accused me of trying to "intimidate" their staff. After speaking with him he admitted that he cancelled the rest of our group rooms because somehow he decided that the reservation was made at the other property they have in town.

We had 16 people who were going to be staying in 4 doubles.....and he did finally agree to give them rooms at no charge.....the problem is that all of the rooms were singles. (16 people in 4 singles)

At 2:15 am I got a text from the other 6 members of our group who were also told that their reservation for 2 rooms was also cancelled. These 6 individuals wound up spending the weekend sleeping in their car.

I have never seen such incompetence and unprofessionalism in my life. The GM told me that having these rooms "blocked" was "costing them business"

Excuse me? If somebody checks in....that room generates revenue. If they dont show up, their card gets charged for not canceling and the room gets resold anyway. That made no sense to me.

Will Hill isnt qualified to run a hotel and his front desk staff tried their best, but clearly need additional training because they certainly were not prepared to handle large groups.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tallahassee Downtown, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear NJto - We apologize for the reservation issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our guest relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.