“It's Amore!”

Cuisines: American
Tallahassee, Florida
“It's Amore!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We celebrated our anniversary by, once again, dining at Anthony's. Mr. Anthony greeted us upon arrival and we were quickly seated. Our meals were scrumptious! We both enjoyed their generous House Salads. Then, I chose Pan-Seared Flounder, topped with crabmeat, for my meal and Hubby chose Mahi Mahi stuffed with crabmeat. Nowhere have I tasted better! The service was wonderful in this "No Jackets Required" new location on Market Street. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited October 2012

Tallahassee, FL
“Oh Dick Anthony-- what happened since you've moved”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We keep trying the Woodfire Grill in hopes that it will go back to what it was like back in the old days when Anthony was located on Bradford off Thomasville. But to my dismay it just doesn't measure up. We started going for Sunday brunch and that's been a disaster-- yes I know there are 8 of us or so but still-- poor slow service? I've had lunch there twice--- the last time this past week @7/25/2012. Asked for a BLT wrap-- got a sandwich-- heavy with some sort of butter? on the outside of the bread-- they offered to change it--- but why bother? Asked for unsweet tea got it the first time--refill sweet tea----- that I let them change. They're offering a buffet lunch now--- might be good for a truck driver but not me-- fried chicken--- biscuits and gravy--- shells--- $10.95.
Sure do wish he'd bring back some of his items from the past-- Sorry Dick--- but you're slipping as far as I'm concerned

• Visited July 2012
Thomasville, Georgia
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was our second trip to Anthony's. After a good experience before, we decided to try it again on a Friday night. Not many places in Tallahassee you can walk into on Friday night without a reservation at 6:30 p.m. and get immediately seated (should have taken it as a sign). We were warmly greeted by the owner and immediately had our drink order taken by a very nice young lady. And then, after noticing the wait staff all over the place, it was like they had all gone on break. We received our drinks, ordered the Vidalia Onion Rings with Creole cane syrup dipping sauce. They were very good, lightly breaded so as to not overpower the onions, and they sauce was different but excellent. And we waited for our meal, and waited a little more. Finally she arrived with our entrees of Braciola (prosciutto and provolone cheese rolled in beef and simmered in marinara sauce); chicken parmesan; sausage, peppers and onions; and lasagne. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal although the sausage was a quite spicy. The lasagne was nicely done as was the chicken. However, my Braciola tasted a bit funky. I couldn't tell if it was a spice that I particularly didn't like or what. The pasta was very good with the meal and I substituted for sauteed spinach which was so salty I couldn't eat it. And they had only a couple of substitution options which was disappointing. Overall the portions was large and the service inconsistent. My recommendation is to stick with the pasta dishes as they have been very good both trips. Will probably go back and give it another try but not in the near future. They do offer specials (we got an entree half off by mentioning it) so ask.

• Visited June 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Amazing Food and Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We dined there last weekend and the highlights of the meal were the lavosh appetizer, so yummy! The lasagna I had was flavorful and definitely worth the calories! My husband had the fish special and he ate every bite. We shared a homemade piece of chocolate cake, to die for! We will be back.

• Visited July 2012